NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

So, Liverpool lost today and United beat Burnley. Liverpool are three points ahead but have played two games more.

It's going to be close. I think United will just miss out, due to too many draws. I don't think Arsenal will make it either.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal sneak into the top 4 again but I think Liverpool may have blown it. We have so many injuries to important players right now and we've just about been scraping the right results together recently but today's defeat was frustratingly predictable :hmm:

Normally I don't like provocative celebrations but having seen the match yesterday I applaud Messi for doing that.

He got attacked so many times. And not just to stop him from advancing but to actually hurt him.

Marcelo has become one of my least favourite players now. He hit Messi in the face with his elbow and immediately looked to the assistant referee in the hopes he didn't see it. He knew what he did. What a fucking asshole.

And don't get me started on Ramos' foul. He should be banned for the remainder of the season. He even said in an interview, and I quote, "The red card was excessive." Cunt.

This just makes me furious.

And boy oh boy did I enjoy that moment:

nintchdbpict000318921098.jpg

Showing Real Madrid who's boss. :bowdown:

I still prefer Cristiano but Messi is obviously one of the greatest ever. I don't understand how he can find space like he did for the winner last night, an outrageous goal. The Sky commentary was dreadful, even at a glance it was blatantly obvious that Ramos deserved a red card but it took the commentators 2 replays to decide it was a just sending off. Ramos is such an idiot, has anyone else ever got close to 22 red cards in their career? It's amazing that he's still their captain.

Best Classico there's been for a few years, hopefully the Madrid derbies in the Champions League can follow it up.

[tweet]857331545316753409[/tweet]

4th year in a row we've won the FA Youth Cup. I'm glad Abramovich (again) and, more importantly, Conte were watching it. I also hope Conte has been keeping tabs on our youth players out on loan as we've a plethora of young talent.

Nathaniel Chalobah and Ruben Loftus-Cheek have been drafted into the first team squad and have made a few appearances but not enough to my liking. I'd like to see them given more games in cup competitions and in games we're coasting in.

You see other youngsters given chances at teams and some thrive... now I'm not being daft or biased when I say this, but our youth players are better players than most, if not all of these players given chances.

It's so annoying watching the years go by without such talent given a chance!

4th year in a row we've won the FA Youth Cup. I'm glad Abramovich (again) and, more importantly, Conte were watching it. I also hope Conte has been keeping tabs on our youth players out on loan as we've a plethora of young talent.

Nathaniel Chalobah and Ruben Loftus-Cheek have been drafted into the first team squad and have made a few appearances but not enough to my liking. I'd like to see them given more games in cup competitions and in games we're coasting in.

You see other youngsters given chances at teams and some thrive... now I'm not being daft or biased when I say this, but our youth players are better players than most, if not all of these players given chances.

Not hard when your academy hoovers up 60 players a summer to loan out for profit.

yes apart from buying a striker to replace Costa in the summer, we should be looking to brining in youth for next season. Christiansen to replace Terry, bring back Lewis Baker, give Ake, Loftus Cheek and Chalobah a proper run of games.

Not hard when your academy hoovers up 60 players a summer to loan out for profit.

seems a strange comment from a supporter of a club that is run as a profit making entity with little or no interest is winning trophies.

Just beat the Yids at the weekend please, this title race is starting to drag on now. Want it done already, we might even let you have the FA Cup if you sort us out this weekend ;-)

Liverpool could be out of the top 4 today if United beat Swansea and City beat Boro.

All three would have played 34 games, with City on 68, United on 67 and Liverpool on 66.

It's all set up for a nail-biting end to the season. Swansea, Boro and Sunderland are all in the bottom three and should be the same three to go down.

Edit: Wow. What a fucking awwwwwful performance. With so much at stake, considering the opposition that we were playing against and coming off the back off a point away at City, this was dreadful. There were no positives to take from that game, which is extraordinary. Too many sicknotes in the squad (Luke Shaw being the latest one) and, for people who are supposed to be top-tier athletes, there are a shocking amount of mentally weak players in this squad. A huge opportunity blown today.

We need at least one new striker in the summer and at least one new centreback, plus a new left-back (probably right-back, too)

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Great result against Everton, who have been on a great run of form at home. Over to your Arsenal, do us a favour please! Haha

Everton were the better side in the first half but then completely fell apart in the second. Pedro's goal was a beauty.

I can't believe both Manchester clubs dropped points today. Our hopes of staying in the top 4 are some how looking good. Now watch us get beat off Watford. :D

Brilliant results for Liverpool so far!

Yeah, all of the results are going Liverpool's way. Spurs and Arsenal are drawing, too.

A huge missed opportunity for United. Gutted, tbh.

I hope Watford put 6 past Liverpool tonight and leave them demoralised for the rest of the season.

The reality is that it'll probably be a 0-1 Liverpool away win.

Yup. Amazing goal. I was going nuts.

Still, I'm trying to remain calm as it has been a tough game. Could do with a second to gives us some cushion but Watford have been hard to break down.

Ronaldo with another hat-trick in the Champions League, outrageous. I wanted an Atletico V Juve final but I can't really look past Real winning it again this year, that was an incredible performance by Real, you don't often see Atletico get torn apart like that.

Apparently it's his 47th hat-trick for Real Madrid, him and Messi are going to leave a big hole in European football when they retire.

Edited by killthenet

Ronaldo with another hat-trick in the Champions League, outrageous. I wanted an Atletico V Juve final but I can't really look past Real winning it again this year, that was an incredible performance by Real, you don't often see Atletico get torn apart like that.

Apparently it's his 42nd hat-trick for Real Madrid, him and Messi are going to leave a big hole in European football when they retire.

We're living in future history, with two of the most spectacular players to ever play the game doing it week-in, week-out. They'll be talking about both of those players for decades.

They are miles above any of the other top players. Sickening stats.

The finishing of this Man Utd side is the worst that I've ever seen in my lifetime. It's really quite bad. What do they do in training?

The finishing of this Man Utd side is the worst that I've ever seen in my lifetime. It's really quite bad. What do they do in training?

And yet you come away with a 1-0 win! I wouldn't worry about top 4, pretty sure the Europa League trophy is headed your way.

Good couple of weeks for Newcastle, promoted automatically with a shot at the title on Sunday. We've been a little underwhelming in truth but I'm super SUPER happy we're promoted. If Rafa stays and we have a good transfer window I'll be ecstatic. :bouncy:

And yet you come away with a 1-0 win! I wouldn't worry about top 4, pretty sure the Europa League trophy is headed your way.

Good couple of weeks for Newcastle, promoted automatically with a shot at the title on Sunday. We've been a little underwhelming in truth but I'm super SUPER happy we're promoted. If Rafa stays and we have a good transfer window I'll be ecstatic. :bouncy:

I typed that and then Rashford scores the most difficult one of the night. Typical!

Exciting to see how the promoted clubs do. I'm glad to see Brighton up there as I have many fond memories of that place. I think both will stay up, provided they make good signings in the transfer window.

I typed that and then Rashford scores the most difficult one of the night. Typical!

Exciting to see how the promoted clubs do. I'm glad to see Brighton up there as I have many fond memories of that place. I think both will stay up, provided they make good signings in the transfer window.

I hope so, just concerned about Middlesborough....they looked solid last year, invested and they've still been shite.

That worry is for another day though.

I hope so, just concerned about Middlesborough....they looked solid last year, invested and they've still been shite.

That worry is for another day though.

Boro seemed to think that they could play defensively and survive in the league. It may have worked in the Championship ( probably due to the lack of talented strikers ) but trying the same thing in the Premier League was just asking for trouble. Teams would keep coming at them and eventually break them down. Playing a single striker just hasn't worked for them at all.

To be honest, i'll be chuffed to bits if they go down, which looks to be the case at this point. They play some of the most boring football i've seen and, no word of a lie, i've fell asleep while watching them when they've been on Sky, a couple of times now.

Boro seemed to think that they could play defensively and survive in the league. It may have worked in the Championship ( probably due to the lack of talented strikers ) but trying the same thing in the Premier League was just asking for trouble.

It's working for Man Utd...