NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

Oh please Wenger stay, please.....

As for top 4. I think Man U will do it. Arsenal 6th. I'm not just saying that because I want it to happen. I genuinely think that, Arsenal have a hard run in.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I know Arsenal usually embark on their annual two month unbeaten streak now there's nothing to play for, but the way they've been playing, I can't see them doing it this time.

Best thing for Arsenal would be to miss out on the top 4. Then god forbid when Wenger does sign on again, he can't bang on about continually getting us into the champions league.

Just the result and performance we needed. That's probably the best and most passionate I've seen us play in a while.

Terrible football match and an absolute crime that people paid money to watch it. United were shit, but West Brom have to be one of the most pointless teams in the league. They did absolutely nothing but sit back and defend for an entire match. I'm shocked that they're 8th with performances like that, something which you'd associate more with a relegation-bound team.

A 0-0 draw should be the same as a loss: zero points. Why should a team be awarded a point for doing nothing all game?

A 0-0 draw should be the same as a loss: zero points. Why should a team be awarded a point for doing nothing all game?

Don't talk silly bollocks.

Shit performance against Everton. We couldn't cross the ball to save our lives and the supporting runs and general all-round build-up was poor. We relied far too much on getting high balls into the box from wide and barely won any of them. Didn't really look like scoring.

Too many draws this season, which is ultimately going to cost up the top four spot. United don't score enough goals. Right now, 5th/6th best is about right.

Kind of Liverpool to give us a glimmer of hope for CL football next season.

I've had a pretty awesome weekend of football. One of the parents for one of the boys that I teach invited me along to watch Bournemouth play against Chelsea. His company is one of the sponsors for the club and they are basically given all of this hospitality stuff. Obviously, I had to get it cleared by the Headteacher, but he just said to go along and enjoy myself...so I fucking did!

We had a three course meal before the game and the seats for the match were awesome. The great thing about Bournemouth's stadium being so small is that you feel really close to the pitch. I can't say that I've ever been a really big fan of Victor Moses, but I thought he was class yesterday. Can't remember him losing the ball once or misplacing a pass. Hazard was by far the best player on the pitch. Really, reeeeally fucking quick when he wants to be. Bournemouth really struggled to keep up with him. Courtois seems unfairly tall for a goalkeeper and should be made to play on his knees.

I'm a big fan of Josh King and was delighted with his goal. I even got to congratulate him after the game, which was pretty cool. I thought Wilshere was a bit meh at times yesterday. Can definitely see why he's not made it at Arsenal and thought he was a bit negative. Sideways passes and no real determination or grit to his tackling. Couldn't get anywhere near that Chelsea midfield.

I managed to get a lift down to the Dad's house and the stadium was within walking distance. I woke up this morning with a glorious hangover after I don't know how many ciders. :D

How the other half live, eh? It's insane that people get to do this every single week! I felt like a right pauper being there. Had a great time and was just what I needed after an insanely busy term.

Also happy that United won their game with Rashford scoring a goal. :D

What a performance from Crystal Palace tonight, should have won by at least 5 goals, Benteke bullied Mustafi and Gabriel all game and Zaha showing what a quality winger he is unlike Theo Walcott. Ozil had a nightmare and Xhaka wasn't much better, Alexis tried as did Bellerin and Monreal, but in reality it was so easy for Crystal Palace, Hennessy didn't have a save to make in that second half. Something has got to give at Arsenal, Alexis will leave and I have a sneaking suspicion that Ozil might follow.

Ballerin was shit. Has been for months. He's right back, not right wing. Mustafi has to cover to positions because that clown is so far forward.

Our season is over. Not even an FA Cup win can save it.

I didn't follow the game at all, but I figured it would be a routine Arsenal win. Massively shocked at the 3-0 scoreline at the end.

The uncertainty of whether Wenger is going or staying has filtered down to the players. It's one of those situations that should have been resolved a lot earlier and may end up contributing to Arsenal not getting top four now.

We'll finish 6th. Not a chance of finishing higher. We've got loads of tough games to go. And we've won one tough game all season and Chelsea gifted us that one.

Chelsea were absolute garbage today but let's not take anything away from Man U, who played stupidly well and could have had more goals. Chelsea seem to have lost the plot a bit.

Pool obviously aren't gonna win the league so I'd love Spurs to now go on and nick it. They've looked great for a while and its been a joy to watch their high scoring games. It will be nice for another fresh team to win the league 2 years in a row.

Pool obviously aren't gonna win the league..

With that in mind, I was hoping Chelsea would at least limit United to a point to boost out chances of Champions League football next season but it feels like that one is going to go right down to the wire and I'd also be very hesistant to rule out Arsenal at this point :eek:

With that in mind, I was hoping Chelsea would at least limit United to a point to boost out chances of Champions League football next season but it feels like that one is going to go right down to the wire and I'd also be very hesistant to rule out Arsenal at this point :eek:

I'd be very surprised if we manage to get a Champions League spot. We are far too inconsistent and, apart from the Everton game, we've just looked very average. Todays game was a great example of how meh we are. I was fuming with Moreno. If they had managed to get a goal back at the end there would have been hell on.

Urgh... makes the title race interesting mind.

Edited by Kav

I think Spurs will nick the title. They do have the tougher run in but I think at most they'll drop two points whereas I think Chelsea will lose again and maybe draw a couple. The game against Everton at Goodison will definitely be their toughest test and I think they'll lose there, and they'll drop points against West Brom, Southampton or Watford so it will probably come down to goal difference.

I hope that one of them wins the title and the other wins the FA Cup. Would be a shame if one of Spurs or Chelsea didn't get a trophy this season, their football has deserved one.