NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

So Leicester are in the quarter finals of the Champions League. No biggie.

I knew it! I called this at the end of last season that they'd get through to the quarters.

Hope they get Real Madrid, they should get to play one giant team during this run surely.

Woooooo!!! Crazy, crazy times!!!

And all the Arsenal and Spurs fans saying we'd ruin England's coefficient! Pah!

That was such an entertaining game of football!! Haven't been that pumped up since Wales beat Belgium last year in the Euros. Seeing the massive twat Nasri get done was the icing on the cake!

Just saying lads, four years ago I took on the Leicester job as the first step of my career in Football Manager 2013. Took them to promotion, then won the premier league, and finally, after 157 hours of play time, the next season I beat Juventus 2-1 in the Champions League final. History playing out as told by my Steam account!

Don't remember saying that..

This time last year I probably would have believed anything so if you'd told me then that Leicester would be the last English team in the Champions League I would have accepted it, but on their form this season it truly is remarkable. Bet they go on and win the bloody thing now.

I thought Man City would make it through when Sane scored but Monaco had enough to come back and sounds like they deserved it over the two legs. Guardiola is dreadful at defensive organisation which hasn't been a problem at his other clubs because they had such a sparkling attacking line up but Man City don't have the same quality to be able to outscore their opponents every game, they need someone in central midfield to provide the killer ball.

Go on Leicester, fly the flag for the rest of us! Haha

Literally never happened...

Not you specifically, the Arsenal and Spurs fans who frequented our forum last season.

Even Wenger had a pop (wise words for us):

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenals-arsene-wenger-warns-leicester-will-struggle-in-the-champions-league-next-season-a3251096.html?amp

So people

Who signed up to a Leicester forum to wind them up and you're basing arsenal and spurs fans on that?

I think he's basing it on him thinking Spurs or Arsenal will finish 4th and so they were most likely to complain about Leicester effecting the Champions League Country Coefficient. :p

I've never heard one bashing of Leicester regarding European co-efficients haha. It's like the equivalent of a posh putdown.

Literally never happened...

So people

Who signed up to a Leicester forum to wind them up and you're basing arsenal and spurs fans on that?

You've never been on the Fighting Cock have you?

You've never been on the Fighting Cock have you?

Save the bedroom questions for PMs please lads.

So @Ramar it looks like Wenger will be announcing his intention to resign at the end of the season. How do you feel about him leaving? Who do you think Arsenal will go for as a replacement? Diego Simeone and Ronald Koeman are obvious choices but it will be hard to tempt Simeone away from Athletico and with Barcelona looking for a new manager Koeman will surely be in the frame for that.

United's movement today is excellent. Mata looks fantastic and we're making all of the right runs and passes.

A point at the Etihad isn't a bad result but it makes me a little nervous knowing that Arsenal and United can now both overtake us with their games in hand while Man City have an extra game to further the gap to them in 3rd.

As long as we can finish the season well, we should still make a top 4 spot as our competitors will all have to take points off each other until the end of the season while Liverpool have played all of their games against the top 6.

It should be interesting :hehe:

A point at the Etihad isn't a bad result but it makes me a little nervous knowing that Arsenal and United can now both overtake us with their games in hand while Man City have an extra game to further the gap to them in 3rd.

As long as we can finish the season well, we should still make a top 4 spot as our competitors will all have to take points off each other until the end of the season while Liverpool have played all of their games against the top 6.

United have a tricky run-in. Not looking forward to playing Chelsea at home and then Arsenal and Spurs away (with both of those games in quick succession). It'll be close.

Arsenal's run looks interesting, too.

City (h)

West Ham (h)

Palace (a)

Boro (a)

City (h - FA Cup)

Spurs (a)

Man Utd (h)

Stoke (a)

Everton (h)

I could see them losing both games to City and not beating Spurs away. Think they'll draw with United at home.

Oh Lallana, i think he was celebrating before he tried to kick it.

So @Ramar it looks like Wenger will be announcing his intention to resign at the end of the season. How do you feel about him leaving? Who do you think Arsenal will go for as a replacement? Diego Simeone and Ronald Koeman are obvious choices but it will be hard to tempt Simeone away from Athletico and with Barcelona looking for a new manager Koeman will surely be in the frame for that.

I thought I'd witnessed embarrassing when those stupid planes flew over The Hawthorns yesterday then the bloody second half started. I've never witnessed anything like it. The vitriol and in fighting is something I hope I never see again. If Wenger stays now it is only to his benefit and not that of Arsenal football club.

But I honestly think he'll stay. He's deluded enough to think he's the man to fix it. When clearly the players look disinterested.

I'd prefer Simeone or Allegri, we'd probably end up with Pardew.

We're finishing 6th at best. :(

It's a bit unfair on Wenger that he's having to deal with the brunt of this. The players need to be held to account, too. They're not little children; they are millionaire, professional athletes.

Arsenal would do well to get someone like Simeone. With where Atletico are in the league, they're not going to win the title anytime soon, especially with how Madrid and Barcelona just keep strengthening their squads. It might be the right move for him and Arsenal. He would at least make them tough to beat.

Having Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Guardiola and Simeone in the same league would just be insane.

I thought I'd witnessed embarrassing when those stupid planes flew over The Hawthorns yesterday then the bloody second half started. I've never witnessed anything like it. The vitriol and in fighting is something I hope I never see again. If Wenger stays now it is only to his benefit and not that of Arsenal football club.

But I honestly think he'll stay. He's deluded enough to think he's the man to fix it. When clearly the players look disinterested.

I'd prefer Simeone or Allegri, we'd probably end up with Pardew.

We're finishing 6th at best. :(

As I write this it's rumoured that Arsenal have approached Dortmund about the possibility of appointing Thomas Tuchel. Seems like it would be a similar appointment to Arsene Wenger although Arsene clearly had more experience when he got the Arsenal job than Tuchel does now but there are definite similarities in their careers. Arsene was obviously largely unknown in the UK despite his great experience and fans are undoubtedly better informed of foreign teams and managers than they were 20 years ago but I still feel there would be a lot of questions from general Arsenal fans because Tuchel isn't as big a name as Simeone or Allegri but I think it could be an inspired appointment.

It is a real shame that Wenger's Arsenal career looks to be ending on such a sour note as he's been a fantastic manager who has had a huge impact on English football as a whole and proved to doubters that foreign managers could make it in the Premier League. I feel like he has let himself down by believing he had another league title in him, as you say if he stays on he will be staying to try and improve his career rather than improving the fortunes of the club, he would have been better off leaving a couple of seasons ago when you won the FA cup. It will be strange for the Premier League to exist without Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson.

Recent rumours suggesting Wenger will stay for at least one more season and they're trying to time the announcement for best effect.

Oh please Wenger stay, please.....

As for top 4. I think Man U will do it. Arsenal 6th. I'm not just saying that because I want it to happen. I genuinely think that, Arsenal have a hard run in.