NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

I'm so jealous. I wish we got absolutely annihilated by Bayern Munich....

Carry on struggling in the Europa to pub teams.

Wenger should announce he's leaving now, so the next few months can be about the celebration of the man. Last night was no surprise, we only know how to play one way. We have no tactical fluidity and we literally fell apart when Kos came off. Kieron Gibbs being given the captaincy was the icing on the cake. Last season we should have won the league when everyone else was falling apart, we didn't. Year after year we fall way, who gives a fuck about last 16 of the UCL, we're never a factor to win it.

Ozil has been pony for months but he can do what he wants because Wenger doesn't have the backbone to give him a rollicking or drop him. It's beyond laughable that our club is still ruled by one man's iron fist. The club is in a prime position to be taken over by one of the young up and comers like Tuchel, all the foundations are there, we just need a new vision.

People keep on banging about the "What Wenger has done" narrative, no Arsenal fan questions the legacy the man has the club but surely now everyone looks at the last 10 years and we've won 2 FA and challenged for nothing else.

The time for change has long since passed. Beyond fucking delusion that the board have already offered him a new deal, just goes to show that as long as Stan is getting his dolla, he ain't giving a single fuck.

Wenger should announce he's leaving now, so the next few months can be about the celebration of the man. Last night was no surprise, we only know how to play one way. We have no tactical fluidity and we literally fell apart when Kos came off. Kieron Gibbs being given the captaincy was the icing on the cake. Last season we should have won the league when everyone else was falling apart, we didn't. Year after year we fall way, who gives a fuck about last 16 of the UCL, we're never a factor to win it.

Ozil has been pony for months but he can do what he wants because Wenger doesn't have the backbone to give him a rollicking or drop him. It's beyond laughable that our club is still ruled by one man's iron fist. The club is in a prime position to be taken over by one of the young up and comers like Tuchel, all the foundations are there, we just need a new vision.

People keep on banging about the "What Wenger has done" narrative, no Arsenal fan questions the legacy the man has the club but surely now everyone looks at the last 10 years and we've won 2 FA and challenged for nothing else.

The time for change has long since passed. Beyond fucking delusion that the board have already offered him a new deal, just goes to show that as long as Stan is getting his dolla, he ain't giving a single fuck.

Can you upload a video to YouTube of you saying everything that is written here. Preferably from outside the Emirates ;)

By the way, I'd much rather take Wenger's legacy than what we've had in the past 20 years. Our one victory at Old Trafford in 2010 is the only piece of "glory" we've had in about 14 years.

I absolutely love Arsene and will forever be in his debt. But it is time for change in the summer.

I absolutely love Arsene and will forever be in his debt. But it is time for change in the summer.

I agree he should go - who would you want in his place?

Pochettino looks quite good maybe try him.

This reminds me of a situation with one or two people who I work with. If you stay in a place too long and just keep "ticking", you run the risk of damaging your long term legacy. There have been moments over the last few years where many have no doubt often wondered if that applies to Wenger here.

The performance midweek was embarrassing. Arsenal seem to be the team to take the piss out of, with all of the "fourth place" jokes, etc.

However, I will say that in an ever-changing world where managers can get sacked at the drop of a hat, it is fantastic to see a manager stay at a club for the amount of time that he has. Managers do deserve to be given time and you can't build fantastic teams overnight. It takes years and years to build clubs.

I do feel that the time is right for Wenger to go. However, I will say this as a United fan who saw Sir Alex Ferguson's reign...finding replacements for these top tier managers is difficult. We are desperately in an era now where we need new, young and hungry managers to come through the ranks. If Wenger does leave, then he obviously needs a replacement. That successor is going to need time and they are going to have to be an improvement over what Arsenal have had before. If Arsenal can't identify a suitable replacement, then Wenger will surely stay.

I agree he should go - who would you want in his place?

Pochettino looks quite good maybe try him.

I honestly don't know. Allegri is being touted but I'm unsure how much of his Juve success is just picking up Conte's work. Tuchel for me isn't setting the world alight. I like Simeone but would he suit us.

If I could have had any manager I wanted Ancelotti before he went to Munich. Think he's a class manager and has unfinished business in England. Not happening now though.

I honestly don't know. Allegri is being touted but I'm unsure how much of his Juve success is just picking up Conte's work. Tuchel for me isn't setting the world alight. I like Simeone but would he suit us.

If I could have had any manager I wanted Ancelotti before he went to Munich. Think he's a class manager and has unfinished business in England. Not happening now though.

Simeone would be absolutely unreal. The team would become much tougher to beat with him there.

He'd be a great addition to the Premier League at some point.

Tough game against Blackburn, who I thought were excellent. A 2-1 scoreline is a very fair reflection on the game. United made it very difficult for themselves, however. Darmian is an appalling footballer!

Wow, amazing game between Man City and Monaco. If that's what the first leg was like I'm looking forward to the second leg.

Such a bizarre sacking. I realise that he wouldn't be unsackable, but I feel they should have given him a bit more leeway than a regular relegation threatened manager.

Leicester City proving that there's no sentimentality in football. Also, no honour.

I remember when neutrals turned against Swansea after they sacked Garry Monk. It'll be even worse now that it's happened to Leicester, considering their achievements last season. Sad as it is to say and think, but there will be a lot of people out there who will want Leicester to go down after this.

This man won you the league, at least give him to the end of the season.

Nothing against you Phibe but I hope you get relegated now. Disgusting how the club have treated Raneiri.

It's interesting hearing neutrals in this. I mean I never wanted him sacked but I can understand the club's position; I mean look at the stats:

5 PL losses on the trot.

No PL goals in 2017

2 wins in 16 PL games

Knocked out by 10 man, League One Millwall in the FA cup.

And from a team point of view (one only Leicester fans or avid watches would know):

Odd team selections/tactics

Rumours of team tactic changes 2 hours before a game.

Really, really poor football - we have been out played by literally everyone we've played since December.

Really poor recruitment in both windows (maybe not his fault, but all LCFC fans want our DoF sacked too!)

Now imagine if this was the trajectory of your club? With every passing game it never improves...

:(

Spurs keep on Spursing.

And I couldn't be happier. I was just annoyed he played such a strong team. But it's an atrocious competition with far far far too many games. Plus we don't have the squad for challenging on three fronts. Now we can focus on winning the fa cup and finishing 2nd

It's interesting hearing neutrals in this. I mean I never wanted him sacked but I can understand the club's position; I mean look at the stats:

5 PL losses on the trot.

No PL goals in 2017

2 wins in 16 PL games

Knocked out by 10 man, League One Millwall in the FA cup.

And from a team point of view (one only Leicester fans or avid watches would know):

Odd team selections/tactics

Rumours of team tactic changes 2 hours before a game.

Really, really poor football - we have been out played by literally everyone we've played since December.

Really poor recruitment in both windows (maybe not his fault, but all LCFC fans want our DoF sacked too!)

Now imagine if this was the trajectory of your club? With every passing game it never improves...

:(

But you're Leiecester. This is not far off your level, and he won the league last season and deserves to finish the season, especially until you're out of the champions league at least, he got you there. Unless there are private reasons, it's disgusting on every level.

2nd year in a row the Champions have sacked their manager! It's getting crazy. They should have at the very least waited until they were out of the Champions League.

Leicester City proving that there's no sentimentality in football. Also, no honour.

I remember when neutrals turned against Swansea after they sacked Garry Monk. It'll be even worse now that it's happened to Leicester, considering their achievements last season. Sad as it is to say and think, but there will be a lot of people out there who will want Leicester to go down after this.

This man won you the league, at least give him to the end of the season.

I agree. They trusted Ranieri to work miracles and win the League, surely they can trust the man who knows his players to keep them up. It's a ludicrous decision! Look at the managers who had bad spells yet their clubs backed them: Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez... Instead they're relying on their players getting used to a new voice, new tactics, in the space of a couple of months. Where's the trust and loyalty!?

Leicester fans and board aren't worried about the FA Cup. They're succession the Champions League has been phenomenal, and they're still in with a shout in their home leg. This will please the owners as it'll give them attention across Europe. Yes they've had a poor League season so far, but with few new players since last year and players not hitting the same form again they were always at risk of struggling.

On the plus side, the man isn't going to be remembered for this season, he'll always going to be remembered for one of the greatest footballing achievements this century!

But you're Leiecester. This is not far off your level, and he won the league last season and deserves to finish the season, especially until you're out of the champions league at least, he got you there. Unless there are private reasons, it's disgusting on every level.

So you disagreed with AVB's sacking I presume? A man who guided you to your highest ever points total? Even better than Saint Poch's? Got further in European comps?

Or how about Pardew's sacking at Palace, so what that they had the worst form in the football pyramid ( incidentally a title we now hold) he got them to within 30odd minutes of an FA cup?!

Like I said I personally wouldn't have sacked him, but to call it 'disgusting' when looking at the facts is a bit hyperbolic!

So you disagreed with AVB's sacking I presume? A man who guided you to your highest ever points total? Even better than Saint Poch's? Got further in European comps?

Or how about Pardew's sacking at Palace, so what that they had the worst form in the football pyramid ( incidentally a title we now hold) he got them to within 30odd minutes of an FA cup?!

Like I said I personally wouldn't have sacked him, but to call it 'disgusting' when looking at the facts is a bit hyperbolic!

Haha, talking to the wrong man. I DID disagree with AVBs sacking and thought he was given a bad deal. Our best players were sold in both transfer windows he was with us.

So, your point doesn't quite land.