NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

To be honest we were crap anyway :(

We've been awful so far in 2017 and I'm not sure what the problem is. Do we miss Mané this much..?

Another horror show for Liverpool, 2-0 down at half time against Wolves who have deserved it on the balance of play too.

EDIT: A late Origi goal made it interesting but despite the goal and a goal line save shortly after, Liverpool created nothing noteworthy, Wolves could have killed the game off so 2-1 flatters Liverpool.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

On reflection, a fair result last night, but I can't believe we spurned the chance with the pen!

Thanks to Arse and Spurs for doing worse though!

Ifab (football's lawmaking association) are considering introducing a sin bin for yellow card offences.

Sin-bins for yellow-card offences in football could be given the go-ahead as early as next month.

Football's law-making body Ifab will look at the proposal at its annual meeting in London in March.

The measure has been tested in Uefa development competitions and some amateur leagues in recent years.

If approved, sin-bins will come in at youth and amateur levels and could be introduced to the professional game within two to three years.

Source: BBC

I'm all for it if they look at what constitutes a yellow card. Cynical foul when the opponent is on the break? Definite yellow, right now a yellow isn't that much to stop a dangerous attack. Sin bin would work well. Yellow for taking shirt off when celebrating? Not really a sin bin offence, is it?

Ifab (football's lawmaking association) are considering introducing a sin bin for yellow card offences.

Source: BBC

I'm all for it if they look at what constitutes a yellow card. Cynical foul when the opponent is on the break? Definite yellow, right now a yellow isn't that much to stop a dangerous attack. Sin bin would work well. Yellow for taking shirt off when celebrating? Not really a sin bin offence, is it?

I'm all for this move.

It should lead to less "second yellow" red cards due to players having a bit of time to cool down. It should also cut down persistent fouling in football, which can be a joke at times.

However, this has to be implemented correctly. Will this actually mean that more referees are reluctant to give yellow cards as they now carry more weight to the outcome of a game? It definitely needs standardisation. Getting a yellow for "over-celebrating" is stupid.

It should hopefully cut dissent out of the game.

Super Frank! :bowdown:

I saw that Man City had posted on Facebook celebrating the career of "Man City 'legend' Frank Lampard" and thought it was a bit cheap.

Giorgi Kinkladze, Nicky Summerbee, Uwe Rosler? All Man City legends.

Frank Lampard? Not so much :grin:

Becoming a two horse race for the title... City third, and who doesn't want to be quite so awful between Liverpool and Arsenal...

Becoming a two horse race for the title... City third, and who doesn't want to be quite so awful between Liverpool and Arsenal...

Is that the same two horse race you came third in last season..? :heh:

So optimistic there Dazzybee, 6th are closer to 2nd than 2nd is to first. On your point one could argue it's a race of 5 for 2nd place!

Depends if you're given a head start every match. Tottenham Penspurs.

I'm happy with the way results have gone this weekend. Where have the Leicester from last season gone? They played like the away side today. Not doing the manager any favours with performances like that.

Top four is definitely a realistic possibility. Even second is within the realms of possibility. We're not losing league games, just these draws which might (or will) bite us in the arse at the end of the season.

Mkhitaryan is our best player!:bowdown:

Is that the same two horse race you came third in last season..? :heh:

I'm pretty sure this time last year it was arsenal top of the league. They were the big bottlers, but doesn't get mentioned for some reason. We were never top; we were just consistent then ended up getting closer; as soon as it was our gone our minds went and just lost it in the final few games.

Depends if you're given a head start every match. Tottenham Penspurs.

Typical arsenal, so so desperate...

So optimistic there Dazzybee, 6th are closer to 2nd than 2nd is to first. On your point one could argue it's a race of 5 for 2nd place!

You could argue yeah, except if you actually watched all the teams play.

I'm happy with the way results have gone this weekend. Where have the Leicester from last season gone? They played like the away side today. Not doing the manager any favours with performances like that.

Top four is definitely a realistic possibility. Even second is within the realms of possibility. We're not losing league games, just these draws which might (or will) bite us in the arse at the end of the season.

Mkhitaryan is our best player!:bowdown:

2nd?!?! That is so funny. You are nowhere near good enough, you'd have to have a huge turn in performance for that, can't see you getting top 4 top be honest, I think where you are is where you'll finish.

As for Leicester, my desire for them to be relegated is looking more and more likely!!

@dazzybee United are only 5 points behind you now... it's easier seeing them getting second than you catching us. With the way us, you and they are playing.

I'm the most pessimistic Chelsea supporter, but this title is done. Spurs to win every single game and Chelsea to lose at least three just isn't going to happen.

Man U are on a 14 game unbeaten streak. Nothing to suggest they won't catch Tottenham.

Man U are on a 14 game unbeaten streak. Nothing to suggest they won't catch Tottenham.

Because they're not good enough, they've been on this mega unbeaten streak and still 5 points behind, plus after away v Liverpool spurs' run in is pretty easy, no more difficult games.

Let's see what happens. Still think it's funny that people still underestimate spurs. I love it actually.

@dazzybee United are only 5 points behind you now... it's easier seeing them getting second than you catching us. With the way us, you and they are playing.

Don't think so, I'm pretty confident come the end of the season we'll be closer to you than Man U to us. Man U are on an unbeaten run, but can't see it lasting, also think Chelsea have a few slip ups to happen. Let's see!

Let's see what happens. Still think it's funny that people still underestimate spurs. I love it actually.!

They're going by what history has given them. Big talk mid season, always falling away by the end.

They're going by what history has given them. Big talk mid season, always falling away by the end.

Mid season? Ours used to end in October.

2nd?!?! That is so funny. You are nowhere near good enough, you'd have to have a huge turn in performance for that, can't see you getting top 4 top be honest, I think where you are is where you'll finish.

We're only five points behind and that's mostly down to draws. Key players like Mkhitaryan have found form and are scoring goals, which they weren't doing in the beginning of the season.

I can see top four definitely happening now. We're within touching distance.

Since Maddog is no longer with us (RIP :( ) @dazzybee is the new blinkered fan of the forum. :p

In fairness, MadDog was always quite level-headed. Dazzy on the other hand. ;)

(I'm guessing that Spurs must have won this weekend, as Dazzy is posting in this thread)

I can see Liverpool and Arsenal missing out on the Top 4. Wouldn't surprise me if Everton finished above Liverpool, Koeman made some good January signings.

Top 4 Prediction

1. Chelsea

2. Spurs

3. Man United

4. Man City

We're only five points behind and that's mostly down to draws. Key players like Mkhitaryan have found form and are scoring goals, which they weren't doing in the beginning of the season.

I can see top four definitely happening now. We're within touching distance.

In fairness, MadDog was always quite level-headed. Dazzy on the other hand. ;)

(I'm guessing that Spurs must have won this weekend, as Dazzy is posting in this thread)

We've drawn loads too... Irrelevant. Just watching Man U play they'll struggle for top 4. They're on this amazing run but still behind. They won't keep it up. Let's bring it back up.

And we win most weekends, and I don't post... Can see why now...