NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

Imagine if Messid did that? The footballing press/punditry would implode.

Is this dazzy finally giving King Mesut some credit or is he still a flop?

That was a really bizarre game of football tonight. I've never seen a United team take so long to get going. We didn't start playing until the 80th minute or so and still didn't really look interested when we got a goal back. There was one amazing, mind-blowing moment where we had a corner in the 91st minute or something and Mata had to SCREAM at our players to get into the box. I couldn't believe it.

It's going to be a long few years. The ambition and drive in the club needs sorting out.

I couldn't get over the commentators on Fox Soccer saying that Mourinho was out of touch with the modern game and that was why he was failing to produce at United, he won the Premier League two years ago for christ sake it's not like he's Glenn Hoddle.

I couldn't get over the commentators on Fox Soccer saying that Mourinho was out of touch with the modern game and that was why he was failing to produce at United, he won the Premier League two years ago for christ sake it's not like he's Glenn Hoddle.

It's one of the laziest United teams I've seen. I think Mourinho needs plenty of time to get the message through to his players, but they're not playing for him at the moment.

We look a completely rejuvenated side since Conte switched up the formation and tactics. Scintillating stuff!

[tweet]794976314860171264[/tweet]

Edited by Kav

We look a completely rejuvenated side since Conte switched up the formation and tactics. Scintillating stuff!

Just makes me glad you won't be playing Villa this season, the record for biggest win might be under threat.

The formation suits Chelsea and players like Hazard and Pedro. They've only got to concentrate on the forward play as Matic and Kante will do all the running and defending in midfield.

Great win for Liverpool today. Typical we couldn't keep the clean sheet though, I do worry that that kind of thing will be our undoing later in the season.

3-1 up against Swansea with about 15 minutes left. Ibra and Pogba both one yellow card away from missing the next game - against Arsenal. You'd obviously take them both off, to save them both and ensure they can play in the next game.

Nah, leave Ibra on to get booked. :nono:

Our team can be as thick as shit, sometimes. Can't believe the coaching staff didn't take him/both off.

Edit: Overall, we did the business in the first half and were a bit lazy in the second. Pogba was much better today and Rooney was probably the Man of the Match. One of his better games.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Forgot how embarrassing Arsenal are with their diving on the floor like they've been molested by Bigfoot.

Forgot how embarrassing Arsenal are with their diving on the floor like they've been molested by Bigfoot.

What the fuck you on about?

Danny Rose is the biggest cheat in the league and Wanyama was so so lucky to get away without being booked!

Did you not see Jansen last week!?!

Has there been a more flat and dull North London derby. Both sides looked like the Champions League took it out of them.

I didn't watch the game, but I'd be surprised if Tottenham managed to best this:

I didn't watch the game, but I'd be surprised if Tottenham managed to best this:

I cracked up when I saw that. :D

It wasn't an amazing game. I love how the commentators always try to get out of calling games shit by using words like "intriguing" or "cautious" or words to that effect.

Quite enjoyed it myself, in part because with Arsenal's and our recent form, at the emirates and with no alli, toby, lamela or Sissoko I wasn't expecting us to (just about) come out the better side. Couple of good chances missed by both sides too.

Some interesting stuff recently about declining viewing figures in the PL. I was wondering how people on here reflect that - has BT sport splitting the games, easy pirate streams, and social media highlights etc changed how often you watch games?

Also, question for @Phube after another loss.. what would constitute a good season at this point? Would you be happy with the foxes reaching quarter finals or so of the champions league and avoiding relegation? Are you worried about the threat of relegation?

Quite enjoyed it myself, in part because with Arsenal's and our recent form, at the emirates and with no alli, toby, lamela or Sissoko I wasn't expecting us to (just about) come out the better side. Couple of good chances missed by both sides too.

Some interesting stuff recently about declining viewing figures in the PL. I was wondering how people on here reflect that - has BT sport splitting the games, easy pirate streams, and social media highlights etc changed how often you watch games?

Also, question for @Phube after another loss.. what would constitute a good season at this point? Would you be happy with the foxes reaching quarter finals or so of the champions league and avoiding relegation? Are you worried about the threat of relegation?

I'm not surprised. The TV options are ridiculous. It isn't even comprehensive! If you can't make it to games and want to still follow your team, you have to have access to BBC, ITV, BT Sports AND Sky. The kick in the teeth is that not all of the games are even broadcast live anyway. Imagine if you're a Southampton fan, for example.

The prices are crazy, too. Football is just too fucking expensive. I tried getting tickets to watch a Bournemouth game when Ine's family came down and we couldn't get the tickets and they were too expensive even if we could manage it.

Football is definitely in danger of alienating itself from its fans. I'll be watching these figures to see what happens next.

Well at the moment I'd say anything top 10 would be good... but I'd hope there are 3 worse teams than us this season!

Hilarious isn't it? That was the worst of the day, but not an isolated incident. Expect nothing more though. Remember when they had reyes? Oh boy he was infuriating.

Hilarious isn't it? That was the worst of the day, but not an isolated incident. Expect nothing more though. Remember when they had reyes? Oh boy he was infuriating.

Oh be quiet. zzzzz

[tweet]795346008993648640[/tweet]

I'd normally think of this as hyperbole and I can't speak for the hidtory of the prem but watching the highlights, Chelsea were utterly sensational. It was an amazing performance, makes me feel better about thinking they would win the league at the beginning of the season. Not many people seem to remember Conte took Juventus from 7th to 1st and made them the undisputed kings of Serie A.

In Newcastle news, 8 wins in a row with a decent gap opening between us and third. Good team spirirt, tactics and passion all at the club right now. It feels great after so long with so much shit.

I'm not doubting Conte but Juventus haven't had much competition in Serie A for years. They managed to get relegated and come

back and dominate without challenge.

I'm not doubting Conte but Juventus haven't had much competition in Serie A for years. They managed to get relegated and come

back and dominate without challenge.

That's not really accurate. It's difficult to imagine mow because they're so dominant and they're the only Itaian team these days who threaten to do anything in Europe, but they 'struggled' for a while. They got promoted in 2007, finished 3rd, 2nd, 7th and 7th. Even in 2012 when they did finally win Serie A again, it was a close run thing and if memory serves I think it even went to the final day against Milan.

Conte (along with the neccessary good club management, new stadium and excellent transfers) made them the unchallengeable behemoth they now appear to be. They struggled to get back on top. He was huge for them.

I mean it helps when Milan and Inter went to shit but Napoli and Roma you could argue filled that gap anyway. Napoli provided huge competition until the final weeks of the season last year, for a long time looking the favourites.