NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Classic Mini (NES) - November 11

Wish it had a port to play real carts, but I guess that doesn't make money.

Awesome, cancelled my order with The Game Collection and have pre-ordered a NES classic and an extra controller from the official store.

Kinda makes the official version looks somewhat limited.

Wow. :o

Love those little cartridges. Mind was blown when he showed us FireRed.

I'd take that case for a Raspberry Pi that I will get sometime in the future.

Well... :D

Kinda makes the official version looks somewhat limited.

That is amazing... I'd almost buy all the new games again if they were on mini carts like that :)

Man, that thing is awesome! I thought it was great but then I saw him click the cartridges down in the slot and that sold me even more. Would love to build one of my own but would have no idea how to go about doing the 3D printing.

Man, that thing is awesome! I thought it was great but then I saw him click the cartridges down in the slot and that sold me even more. Would love to build one of my own but would have no idea how to go about doing the 3D printing.

For what its worth a number of art unis have them nowadays and I believe you can pay to use them. I was tempted to do a course at London College of Communications just because you got access to the 3D printers.

There are various places that do 3D printing (online, libraries, universities).

It may be time consuming to set up all the NFC tags to get it to boot up the right game/emulator (when a menu would be easier, just not look as cool).

Japan is getting the Famicom Mini:

Games included are:

Donkey Kong

Mario Bros.

Pac-Man

Excitebike

Balloon Fight

Ice Climber

Galaga

Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Super Mario Bros.

The Legend of Zelda

Atlantis no Nazo

Gradius

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Solomon's Key

Metroid

Castlevania

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Tsuppari Ozumo

Super Mario Bros. 3

Ninja Gaiden

Mega Man 2

River City Ransom

Double Dragon II: The Revenge

Super Contra

Final Fantasy III

Dr. Mario

Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke daiundoukai

Mario Open Golf

Super Mario USA (the US version of Super Mario Bros. 2)

Kirby's Adventure

Wow! Nintendo putting out 50hz/60hz comparison videos! I never thought I'd see the day! So happy to see them finally treat 60hz as a selling point! :D

BTW, there's some videos of the interface here and some more in-depth details (including a look at the "Old TV" Filter)

Interface looks super cute and well animated, gives off a NES Remix vibe :) Also interesting to see that the "Old TV" filter replicates RF and not Composite, never really seen anything like it before!

Overall it looks pretty rad! Getting one for sure!

Japan is getting the Famicom Mini:

Games included are:

Hardware reveal in September.

Detachable controllers on both sides.

mother-of-god-meme-589.jpg

Too bad the Famicom Mini controllers aren't detachable. They really get screwed here. Not only are the controllers ridiculously tiny, not only are the controller cables short, not only are they permanently attached, but they also can't use Wii Classic Controllers on their system (or use the Famicom controller with a Wii Remote).

Feels nice not being on the arse end of things for once though :)

Is everybody getting one of these? I'm not particularly enthusiastic about playing most of the games but there's a part of me that would really like to have this sitting in my game room..

What do I do..? ::shrug:

If it could play the original carts or actually add games overtime I would probably have got one but at the moment I'm not interested.

What are the odds someone will open this up, hack the OS and swap out the internal storage to make it play the entire NES library?

I've had it pre-ordered since it was announced, it's a nice-looking device, has that Retro classic Nintendo appeal, the emulator for the machine is all new it seems, potentially surpassing the quality of the VC emulation on the Wii U which is already really solid overall. :)

Oh, plus those NES controllers! :heart: