NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Classic Mini (NES) - November 11

Sweet, i've preordered it but will probably cancel it once it arrives on the official Nintendo site. I'd be happy for pay £50 for it but hoping it's cheaper elsewhere.

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-07/nintendo-classic-mini-neuauflage-nes/

Apparently NOE have confirmed that the games included in our one are 60hz NTSC versions :)

This pic just makes me smile

CnUur6JWAAET3Wx.jpg

I meant the latter, yes

That logic is stupid. Nobody is forcing you to rebuy VC games; you can transfer them over to Wii U for free and then get an optional discount on an optional upgraded version. Hell you can even choose to just leave it on your Wii if you want.

I never said anyone was forcing me to re-buy VC games? Just that having a dedicated plug and play box that I can keep and use for the next two decades is a lot more convenient and long term than them releasing games on every system.

I presume he meant to quote this post below yours...

Just the other day I was thinking there was no way Nintendo would get me to buy my VC games again....

I still own my NES and all my games...and even still buy games for it, and yet I want to buy this!

Also, not to be a downer on this, but I would have hoped it had some storage space and access to the eshop to add more games to the pre-installed 30 NES titles.

Definiely getting one of these.

They should've announced this at e3. :D

I want the Nintendo's new console, but I won't get it. I'll pick up a couple of those controllers to use on the Virtual Console instead, they look sweet.

One of my mates yesterday suggested something chilling - what if this is the NX?

:D

EDIT: I feel I should point out that I don't feel forced to buy my games again - in many ways I applaud Nintendo for figuring out a new way to tempt me.

Edited by peterl0

One of my mates yesterday suggested something chilling - what if this is the NX?

I had the same thought :D

But then think it through.. BotW is coming to the NX. Unless of course this will be a series... Nes CM, Snes CM, N64 CM, GC CM, Wii CM, Wii U CM.... and actually, that would be kinda neat :P

To be honest, I think this is just what they said. VC is a way of helping connecting people to Nintendo franchises, but at a £200 entry point, it is pretty steep. 30 games at £50.. not too great tbh, but still very nice. Personally I'd like them to release the nes controller with a VC voucher code, type it in on your wii u and you have those 30 games in one go.

As for the snes CM.. have we got snes remix yet?

If they did release snes cm I imagine we would get

1. all-stars

2. mario world 1+2

4. super punchout

5. mario kart

6. zelda alttp

7. donkey kong country 1-3

10. F-zero

11. Pilot wings

12. Earthbound

13. Metroid

14. Kirby superstar

15. Super mario RPG

Maybe a few 3rd parties... chrono trigger? Street Fighter? Final Fantasy? Dragon Quest? Mortal Kombat?

But yeah.. this is quite a tempting purchase - I held off from virtual console, so I just need to weigh up how many of those titles appeal to me!

This is obviously amazing and I'm getting it. But almost think it's a shame it doesn't tap into the Viretual Console service. It would be amazing if you could play all your VC NES games on it and another box that taps into your My Nintendo service; they need to create an eco system, this seems like a great way to have done that.

Not a huge deal, but seems al title bit of a waste. Especially as they've said they can't add games to it or anything.

I had the same thought :D

But then think it through.. BotW is coming to the NX. Unless of course this will be a series... Nes CM, Snes CM, N64 CM, GC CM, Wii CM, Wii U CM.... and actually, that would be kinda neat :P

Yes, but then they reveal that the version of the original Legend of Zelda on the New CM IS in fact the NX version of Breath of the Wild (the game on Wii U is a lot closer to being inspired by the original than we realised) with a title change on the first screen.

:wink:

I like your classic mini idea, but they might struggle with space when they get to the Wii U.

This is obviously amazing and I'm getting it. But almost think it's a shame it doesn't tap into the Viretual Console service. It would be amazing if you could play all your VC NES games on it and another box that taps into your My Nintendo service; they need to create an eco system, this seems like a great way to have done that.

Not a huge deal, but seems al title bit of a waste. Especially as they've said they can't add games to it or anything.

Well the whole idea is that it's meant to be as simple to use and cheap as possible. You can't get any simpler and cheaper than a static plug N' play box.

If you want the ability to expand your library, you buy a Wii/Wii U/3DS.

Well the whole idea is that it's meant to be as simple to use and cheap as possible. You can't get any simpler and cheaper than a static plug N' play box.

having a WIi U version, just a eshop code with a new controller (maybe with blue tooth) would be awesome though. Maybe if they just have it available on the eshop front for the games to reduce chances of confusion. £50 for 30 games, a lot of people would go for that bundle I think! haha.. maybe they'll release that for people who pre-order botw digitally :D

Only thing I'm not so keen on is the controllers using the Wii Remote style connector. :hmm:

Would've been rad if they were USB...

q92lWaE.jpg

Only thing I'm not so keen on is the controllers using the Wii Remote style connector. :hmm:

Would've been rad if they were USB...

q92lWaE.jpg

It would've been, but the ability to use the NES CC on my Wii/Wii U is a huge selling point for me, so I'm happy about the choice of connector :)

Besides, there are USB adapters for CCs anyway.

It would've been, but the ability to use the NES CC on my Wii/Wii U is a huge selling point for me, so I'm happy about the choice of connector :)
They still could've been usable on Wii/Wii U if they were USB though, no? ;)

I just hate the setup of having to plug controllers into the Wii Remote, always annoyed me with the Classic Controller. And they never did release that damn clip which was supposed to hold the Wii Remote to the back of the CC. :mad:

Besides, there are USB adapters for CCs anyway.
True. Still would've been nice to have official NES controllers for PC, without the need for adapters. :hehe:

Also would've made them forward compatible with NX (I assume it's going to have USB ports :heh:) without the need for a Wii Remote. icon14.gif

I'd take that case for a Raspberry Pi that I will get sometime in the future.

Not interested in the "console" itself. There are better and ... different ways to play all these games.

Still, since capitalizing on nostalgia is something Nintendo seem to be good at this is a good move.

Apparently it's getting no more than the initial 30 games? It's, for me, just another classic Nintendo Nostalgia cash-in(which I've already bought in to many times) and whilst it looks and seems nice it isn't going to warrant that money from me. Given that I doubt they make tons on their NES games I'd have said they should have included a lot more and upped the price for a bit of a bigger margin on it all really. Though that's also playing with the balance of buyability - it's kind of at a good point of that atm.

having a WIi U version, just a eshop code with a new controller (maybe with blue tooth) would be awesome though. Maybe if they just have it available on the eshop front for the games to reduce chances of confusion. £50 for 30 games, a lot of people would go for that bundle I think! haha.. maybe they'll release that for people who pre-order botw digitally :D

Now that's a shout I like! Maybe knock 20-40% off the price and let people get the bundle of games on Wii/WiiU if they wanted! Or knock less off for an option in the shops of the controller+code for the bundle of games as you suggest.

Edited by Rummy

Apparently it's getting no more than the initial 30 games? It's, for me, just another classic Nintendo Nostalgia cash-in(which I've already bought in to many times) and whilst it looks and seems nice it isn't going to warrant that money from me. Given that I doubt they make tons on their NES games I'd have said they should have included a lot more and upped the price for a bit of a bigger margin on it all really. Though that's also playing with the balance of buyability - it's kind of at a good point of that atm.

Now that's a shout I like! Maybe knock 20-40% off the price and let people get the bundle of games on Wii/WiiU if they wanted! Or knock less off for an option in the shops of the controller+code for the bundle of games as you suggest.

"Another nostalgia cash in", why not? Nintendo are in the unique position of actually having characters that resonate, world renowned IP that have been around for decades. If people are willing, why not cash in?

As for the value, the low price is part of the appeal, the list of games they've included are give or take a handful the best on the console. I think it'll be a great stocking filler at Christmas and will sell far more than if they'd put another 30 games and sold it for $20 or $30 more.

I have next to no interest in the NES games on this new system as I already own what I perceive to be the main ones in some form already.. plus I never honestly had much love for the NES anyway with the SNES being my introduction to gaming :heh:

Having said that, this would be a nice thing to have.. even if it's just for display :hehe: I'm a little tempted..

Well it could still be a simple plug and play, just for a little more of you're connected to the VC library. Also, all modern tech companies are about services, eco systems, getting people into yours and keeping them there and selling more stuff. This could be the same thing, have a small hard drive instead and the ability to buy more games post the 30 that come bundled. Seems logical to me and this is just a little limiting.

I don't think it's a huge issue, for what it is it's pretty great, probably use sell well, I'll definitely buy it. But it could be a little more and even more amazing than it is. Have my Wii U/NX into my home console, then this little NES box in a spare room or for kids or take it to a mates house or whatever, all games and saves on there. Would be great! Oh well!!

Saw someone saying they should re-release the Game Boy Micro with a bunch of GBA games built in and HELL YES.

Saw someone saying they should re-release the Game Boy Micro with a bunch of GBA games built in and HELL YES.

Oh god, that would be amazing. I never picked up a Gameboy Micro but have always wanted one.