NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Classic Mini (NES) - November 11

Shame this didn't come with a plug. Had to use the plug I usually use to charge my phone.

No movement on my Amazon order, yet my controller from the Nintendo Store arrived. Amazon says it'll be delivered Saturday.

Had a play earlier. Those controllers are disastrously short to the point where it actually sort of kills the thing for me. Hope the inevitable SNES Mini rectifies this issue.

Had a play earlier. Those controllers are disastrously short to the point where it actually sort of kills the thing for me. Hope the inevitable SNES Mini rectifies this issue.

Yeah, the cable is a joke. I've heard the cable length pretty much matches that of the old classic controller for the Wii....which was fine, as that plugged into the Wiimote, not sure what the deal is here.

My niece had a go on Mario and Kirby earlier and was moving the console itself every time she lifted the controller. I'm definitely going to get an extension cable before I properly play through anything, no sign of them in the UK yet though.

I'm tempted to get a USB charge pack, that'll work for powering it won't it? Them a long HDMI cable. Sort of ridiculous we have to be doing this stupid solutions though.

eBay seems to have been flooded with cheap extension cables from China. I'm going to hold out for a little while and see if the third party cables come out here first, but at least there are options now.

n-europe

Presents

content-2-34974-nintendoclassicmininessidebox.jpg

Nintendo

Classic Mini

NES

@Vileplume2000 goes hands-on with Nintendo's latest micro console...

...and I helped!

Check inside for the verdict.

Enjoy!

: peace:

Who thought the cable length was a good idea? :nono:

If it was wireless and had a few more games it would be a yes from me.

I bought a cheap 6ft extension cable off ebay and it works great, it's just a pain having to get up to reset the machine to switch games, but for longer play sessions it works really well.

Who thought the cable length was a good idea? :nono:

If it was wireless and had a few more games it would be a yes from me.

I don't think they are, I just think they never bloody learn.

I swear some people criticise those on the internet for having no faith in Nintendo but judging by the way they stock their products I think Nintendo is the most cynical people about their own potential for success :heh:

I don't think they are, I just think they never bloody learn.

I swear some people criticise those on the internet for having no faith in Nintendo but judging by the way they stock their products I think Nintendo is the most cynical people about their own potential for success :heh:

I made a comment on that YouTube video which I posted here that I think Nintendo are following a kind of 'Just in time' model which is fine but if there is a sudden demand for a product or if Nintendo, the suppliers or even retailers get their stock forecasts wrong this JIT system fails and people go to ebay, amazon and pay for stupid prices. I think they will make the same mistake regarding the Nintendo Switch next year. Shame really.

Edited by sumo73

Jim Sterling spoke about the issue in this weeks episode.

He makes some good points, but man, these childish parts with him 'playing' with amiibo... :shakehead

Weirdly I can't get this to work when plugged into the front HDMI on my Denon AVR-X4200W. I checked it on a rear HDMI and it works perfectly, and other devices work in the front HDMI, so I have no idea what's up with it. Anybody else had similar issues?

Anyone know when this is likely to be back in stock? I have a £50 amazon voucher waiting to be spent on this :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirdly I can't get this to work when plugged into the front HDMI on my Denon AVR-X4200W. I checked it on a rear HDMI and it works perfectly, and other devices work in the front HDMI, so I have no idea what's up with it. Anybody else had similar issues?

I contacted Denon about this and they said that the NES Mini outputs in 8bit RGB while the front HDMI only supports YCbCr420.

I know we don't talk about modifications to consoles here, so I won't give details, but it's very interesting how a single developer has been able to make it so that the NES Mini can hold a lot more games now. It's a shame Nintendo hadn't worked something out like this for themselves.

It's a shame Nintendo hadn't worked something out like this for themselves.

I don't think that was the aim of the nes mini. Nintendo could easily have placed most of the nes library on the thing, provided long enough cords AND produced more of the product. I think the main aim was to raise awareness, get people interested in the vc and add to reasons to buy a switch. Look at the price they charge for a single vc nes game on wii U, I think it really was just an exercise in drumming up interest, mindshare etc.

Post on Neogaf:

(source: I work at a large Scandinavian retailer)

We just got word from Nintendo (or rather, their Nordic distributor Bergsala) that the NES Classic Mini has reached its end of life and will be phased out. According to them production has ended and we will be receiving a few more shipments before everything dries up.

By our estimates, we (as a single retailer) might not be able to fulfill all orders that have been placed so far. Our last shipment should arrive in April or May, and after that there won't be any more shipments.

I have heard from other retailers that they've received the same information. Some of them are emailing customers to tell them that their order might be cancelled.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343586

I'm gonna split before the manufactured scarcity posts come in.

I don't wanna take part in that conversation.

I'm gonna split before the manufactured scarcity posts come in.

I don't wanna take part in that conversation.

...you basically just started that conversation ::shrug:

Was pretty siked for a NES Classic mini. Missed out on release, but was going to wait until i could just walk into a gamestore and pick one up. After that really hoped for a SNES Classic mini, but i think thats a no-brainer for Nintendo.

But now im like, screw it. Im just gonna get my favourites on the 3DS.