NEurope
Ashley

Places you'd like to visit

I'm mulling over my 30th (early next year) a lot lately and trying to decide where to go. I thought about going back to Tokyo (last there in 2009), then considered Chile (because wine) and now think I'm setting on Havana...and then maybe leave the country forever but whatevs.

Would still like to do the others at some point, as well as more places in Greece (probably this September), Porto, Madrid and a few spots in Canada.

What's on your travel bucket list?

I'm mulling over my 30th (early next year) a lot lately and trying to decide where to go. I thought about going back to Tokyo (last there in 2009), then considered Chile (because wine) and now think I'm setting on Havana...and then maybe leave the country forever but whatevs.

Would still like to do the others at some point, as well as more places in Greece (probably this September), Porto, Madrid and a few spots in Canada.

What's on your travel bucket list?

Machu picchu - I'd absolutely love to visit the site, it looks so amazing, like stepping back in time

Tokyo - I've always loved eastern culture and this seems the best place to start off (and most tourist friendly for a gaijin)

Auschwitz - to bare witness and attempt to understand the horror

travel Route 66 - on a bike or in a convertible

Machu picchu - I'd absolutely love to visit the site, it looks so amazing, like stepping back in time

Tokyo - I've always loved eastern culture and this seems the best place to start off (and most tourist friendly for a gaijin)

You've pretty much nailed my list too. Machu Picchu is pretty much my number one place I want to visit, mainly because it's the closest I've seen to the Shadow of the Colossus location.

On top of your list, I'll add:

Nurburgring - I went ages ago and I'd love to go back. Aside from being an awesome racetrack, the scenery is just stunning.

Chernobyl/Pripyat

I've always loved exploring abandoned places and this is pretty much the ultimate abandoned place. A friend and I did look into a guided tour of the place, but never got round to it.

You've pretty much nailed my list too. Machu Picchu is pretty much my number one place I want to visit, mainly because it's the closest I've seen to the Shadow of the Colossus location.

Nurburgring - I went ages ago and I'd love to go back. Aside from being an awesome racetrack, the scenery is just stunning.

Chernobyl/Pripyat

I've always loved exploring abandoned places and this is pretty much the ultimate abandoned place. A friend and I did look into a guided tour of the place, but never got round to it.

Machu Picchu would be amazing I must say, the Mrs would love to go there too.

Fiji, because paradise and because Red Dwarf. :D

Australia, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Great Barrier Reef (before its all fucked).

Japan, because Nintendo and Animé.

Chernobyl/Pripyat

Actually I'd love to add those to my list too! I had a trip to the Nurburgring planned a few years back, with a car owners club, only I bought a different car and it felt odd to go with them.

Will you open a hotdog stand? what colour will your uniforms be?

Chernobyl/Pripyat

Actually I'd love to add those to my list too! I had a trip to the Nurburgring planned a few years back, with a car owners club, only I bought a different car and it felt odd to go with them.

Will you open a hotdog stand? what colour will your uniforms be?

I'd forgotten that I'd like to go to Berlin because I hear it has a good art scene.

I also want to stay in one of these kind of places:

Bambu-Indah-Shrimp-House-Interior-1000x792.jpg

I'd forgotten that I'd like to go to Berlin because I hear it has a good art scene.

I also want to stay in one of these kind of places:

Bambu-Indah-Shrimp-House-Interior-1000x792.jpg

I'd quite like to go to New York. See the Friends apartment.

Oh wait!

6dcc9df8a6728290a829869ce3b7f9c5.jpg

I'd quite like to go to New York. See the Friends apartment.

Oh wait!

6dcc9df8a6728290a829869ce3b7f9c5.jpg

I want to go everywhere... now Pokemon Go is out.

In seriousness, there isn't anywhere in the world I'm not interested in visiting. I think I'll tick a few more regions of Japan off the list before anything else though. Once that's out of my system, if ever, I'd like to branch out to seeing more of America. Canada, Australia and New Zealand are also high on the list. It's not even the money these days, it's the time off work.

I want to go everywhere... now Pokemon Go is out.

In seriousness, there isn't anywhere in the world I'm not interested in visiting. I think I'll tick a few more regions of Japan off the list before anything else though. Once that's out of my system, if ever, I'd like to branch out to seeing more of America. Canada, Australia and New Zealand are also high on the list. It's not even the money these days, it's the time off work.

In seriousness, there isn't anywhere in the world I'm not interested in visiting.

Even Rotherham?

Hong Kong. I am/was big into Hong Kong cinema so I've always had a fascination for the place. In addition to the culture I like how geographically diverse it is for such a small place.

Hong Kong. I am/was big into Hong Kong cinema so I've always had a fascination for the place. In addition to the culture I like how geographically diverse it is for such a small place.

Been to Hong Kong a few times, it's ace :grin: so warm and humid though! I used to go from shop to shop just to stand under their air-con for a bit.

After 3 years of obsessively watching music videos of lovely places around the country I'd really like to go to South Korea, I could time it with a couple of live concerts too :p

I'd love to go back to Japan, what I saw was amazing, but I was whizzing all over the place trying to take all the attractions in, it would be nice to go for longer and at a calmer pace.

I've always loved the look of Canada, and I really wanna go fishing there too (it's the small things :p)