Mr-Paul

EU Referendum - In/Out?

The EU?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. The EU?

• In
    • Out
    • Shake it all about

What you gonna do though. The best we have is turning out and voting, whatever the outcome I'll know I went and had my say in what is, truly, a democratic vote.

But if you want to make yourself feel better don't buy a beer and bet the money on opposite outcome to what you want. That's what I've done anyway - I'm a winner either way :p!

Fair point, at least I did my part, and voted for what I felt was the right choice! Sound advice on the betting idea there too. XD

As for riots, I can see them happening if we do stay. Guess I'd best be careful tomorrow. *Prepares suit of armour*

Turn out for this seems good though, 23% of people in my area had voted by 12 which was nice to see.

Whichever option wins, about half of voters will be pissed off!

Greetings, my global gaming guys & gals. Long time no see! I never predicted that my return would be for such a non-gaming occassion haha.

But let me dive right into business. Firstly I must say that I'm entirely neutral in political disagreements, for I've reformed my soul and acknowledge that all of the various World Woes are beyond imperfect, powerless, deceitful, greedy people. The God of the Bible says that He promises to be the One who'll restore this planet back to its purity, and one of the prophecies that He'll bloom to fruition to make that happen, is bringing all the earthly kingdoms (in the 'countries' and 'regions' that such earthlings named as illusions which divides humanity) to an end and bringing his heavenly Kingdom back into power for all eternity (Daniel 2:44 ← Bible scripture).

To know one of the signs of those prophesied times, one can keep informed by governmental operation. And I must say that Mr.Farage makes that quite humorous for me haha. But also observing how mindless people are, how peoples' minds have been blinded and how peoples' perceptive powers has been corroded which prevents them from distinguishing truth from false.

After watching various EU debates, my spirit feels fatigued when Remain Loyalists refuse to see the deceit that the Remain Parties propagate. I suspect that emotional attachments and mindless fashion following are factors which guides such naive ignorance.

I hear people saying "I dont see not one argument from the Leave parties that makes sense", yet most of the debates I see the Remains being laughed at for desperately whipping up any old argument as an attenpy to counter logic by any means necessary. So I challenged myself, I decided to watch one of the debates and genuinely note down all noteworthy reasonings and then tally it up at the end to see if it myself who has emotional attachments and a corroded perception. The notes from the debate is as follows (with a sprinkle of my Beveralized humour xD):

------------------

Anne

Reasons for Remain

1. EU sets the terms for the seperation.

2. Admitted that trade would of course continue if UK left EU, but says UK would have less interactive priority as a non-EU.

Jan

Reasons for Independence

1. Leaving EU doesn't mean leaving Europe.

2. Although non-EU has lower priority in things such as trade, and there's an evidential case where EU has rejected trade with non-EU for as long as 16 years, but it is unlikely that this'd happen to UK if it becomes non-EU, since UK is EU's biggest trading partner and EU would have nothing to gain from doing that.

3. EU is currently the world's only shrinking trading block. UK is experiencing growth, but the EU is restricting UK from excelling so as to meet the needs for the rest of the poor european countries. Thus EU would be better without UK and vice versa.

4. Going by evidence (or lack of evidence) in pro-EU arguments, it seems that they're desire to remain in EU is based on an abstract, emotional attachment.

5. In some cases, EU members cant trade freely with non-EU, because some other EU members are worried about personal competition. Again, EU having negative affects on EU members.

6. Britain is one of the most best countries with great democracy, and the EU are heading towards a super state which'd thieve Britain of its democracy more fully than it is doing now.

Barroso

Reasons for Remain

1. Admitted that EU is stronger with Britain, which actually proves that EU relies on Britain for things such as trade.

2. Being apart of a super state (confessions?) increases military power for war and terrorism.*.....

Although the U.N kinda assures that for all countries regardless, not just for EU.*

3. Proved financial earnings with trade worldwide is greater than the restrictive EU market.

Nick Clegg

1. Exaggerates humble (yet biased? [As in because they're apart of the Establishment which benefits from Remaining]) opinions from important public figures and tries to deceivingly twist them into proven facts. Plus lies straight-up (such as using statistical tricks to fool the average voter that UK relies on EU more than the EU relies on UK).*But the dude gives me jokes, no-where near as much jokes as my dude Nigel though. All in all, Nick is basically lamenting that he prefers the philosophy of 'play safe by being a humble servant to those whom take the lead in being courageous to venture the trial and error of their own personal interests, and stick to repetitive and powerless routines' over 'courageously venture the numerous trial & error paths to increase chances of hitting multiple jackpots with independence.'*

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, each to their own.

Nigel Farage

Reasons for Independence

1. Being apart of EU is over-regulating our businesses and severely damaging them, based on statistics and realities.

2. Expensive to be an EU member, UK pays an £11billion subscription fee annually to the EU.*

(And as he often tries to convey -- the highly unlikely event of the worst-case scenario in the Brexit circumstance, it'd still be better than our in circumstance.)

3. Proves that the big establishments and the rich benefits from UK's conditions from being an EU member, not the ordinary and poor working UK citizens. Leaving would be beneficial for the latter two working classes, thus why rich politicians are using propaganda to fear monga and brainwash the voters.

4. Being apart of EU restricts us from controlling our borders, hence why we have an open border for all to potentially flood through. Evidence is that there is strain on public services such as school places, NHS and hospital waiting times.

5. Between the 1950's--1990's, UK had an average of about 30,000 immigrants/foreigners coming to UK, as the EU only contained countries with similar living standards, so there wasn't a huge desire for people to migrate to other countries. But now countries with drastically lower living standards has joined the UK, all of those citizens have the golden opportunity to come to UK. This causes a host of problems; strains on public services as aforementioned, lots of unskilled people taking tax payers money in form of financial benefit, being the cause of the national minimum wage sinking to low undesired salaries, making it 'easier' for terrorists to come in among them, etc etc etc.Controlling our own borders would enable us to 'fairly' select people of all skill levels from 'all around the world' as well as making it tougher for terrorists to infiltrate by checking histories/criminal checks etc etc.

The quality and quantity of logic that this point contains equates to a never-ending acceleration of point accumulation.

6. Plus all of the sheer general wisdom and logic of his poetic proverbs. I am a fanboy of Lord Farage, he automatically is a god and just emotionally wins.

-------------------

In regards to the results, I'm doing the same thing I did during the general election last year and just go to sleep and find out the results when I turn the telly on in the morning. Not staying up all night listening to new reporters talking about things with the result dragging out.

I've spent too much time watching TV, reading newspapers, watching YT clips and talking to people all about the EU.

Enough, sleep calls...

Damn... Whole lotta racists out there tonight...

It's not looking good :(

The God of the Bible says that He promises to be the One who'll restore this planet back to its purity, and one of the prophecies that He'll bloom to fruition to make that happen, is bringing all the earthly kingdoms (in the 'countries' and 'regions' that such earthlings named as illusions which divides humanity) to an end and bringing his heavenly Kingdom back into power for all eternity (Daniel 2:44 ← Bible scripture).

To know one of the signs of those prophesied times, one can keep informed by governmental operation.

But also observing how mindless people are, how peoples' minds have been blinded and how peoples' perceptive powers has been corroded which prevents them from distinguishing truth from false

Hmm.......

I can't sleep because of this... I'm just crying looking at the results so far... :'(

It's not looking good :(

Think it's more a case of people using the referendum as a protest vote against the establishment. Ironic really, as this will undoubtedly make their lives a hell of a lot worse for a lot longer than a protest vote in a general election would.

I can see another Scottish independence referendum coming after this, regardless of final the result, and rightly so. The fact remain is dominating there in contrast to England suggest there is a very, very different political outlook north of the border. Potentially being dragged out of the EU against their will will not sit well up there.

Think it's more a case of people using the referendum as a protest vote against the establishment. Ironic really, as this will undoubtedly make their lives a hell of a lot worse for a lot longer than a protest vote in a general election would.

I can see another Scottish independence referendum coming after this, regardless of final the result, and rightly so. The fact remain is dominating there in contrast to England suggest there is a very, very different political outlook north of the border. Potentially being dragged out of the EU against their will will not sit well up there.

Can we annex London to Scotland please?

FUCKING GLASGOW YES!!! THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Can we annex London to Scotland please?

FUCKING GLASGOW YES!!! THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!! :D

I don't think it's going to help. Seems that the majority in England (and Wales) are voting out. Scotland doesn't have enough people/voters to counter that. Especially as turnout in Scotland seems to have been very low. :(

I don't think it's going to help. Seems that the majority in England (and Wales) are voting out. Scotland doesn't have enough people/voters to counter that. Especially as turnout in Scotland seems to have been very low. :(

We still have south England and London though...

We still have south England and London though...

London might be Remain but I am not sure about the South... so far it doesn't look in favour of Remain.

London might be Remain but I am not sure about the South... so far it doesn't look in favour of Remain.

London is definitely Remain and very strongly so (65-75% average so far).

Fingers crossed for the rest of the South. The North seems to be largely a lost cause though :(

I can feel my soul being sapped away :(

Edited by Dcubed

I think I'm going to be sick...

The poor pound is getting meteor smashed into the abyss.

EDIT: Did Farage seriously just claim that Leave got a victory with "Not a single bullet was fired"?

I wouldn't mind watching him get the punch in the face he so desperately needs.

Edited by Glen-i

So... How long until the UK breaks up?

They were this close last time, no way Scotland stay in now.

Saw a funny tweet earlier in reference to about 12.30am.

"The city of Sunderland loved the last recession so much they've voted for another."

I'll die a happy man if I never hear these phrases again.

-Early doors

-Too close to call

-I Don't want to jump the gun, but...

-Take back control

-The pound is taking a 'pounding'

-The word 'pollsters'

-Australian style points system

-Nigel Farage

-An Independent United Kingdom (Because, really, it wasn't 4 or so hours ago.... :blank:)

Snap election, Cameron has to go. Boot out the Tories. Something good can still come from this.

So... How long until the UK breaks up?

They were this close last time, no way Scotland stay in now.

The sooner the better! There will be big consequences for the Union after this.

Edited by Nicktendo

I really should've taken out Euros before this whole referendum...

Think I am going to spend today crying in a corner somewhere. Fuck this shit.

We've fucked it. Solving huge issues like the refugee crisis and climate change are now going to be tremendously difficult, especially with the cabal of cunts about to assert their authority in Westminster.

Had this referendum taken place 10 years down the line, it wouldn't have swung this way (there wouldn't have even been one).

Are you serious? If so, do you realise the irony of that statement, negatively generalising a large group of people you don't know?

The likes of Farage and other dubious remain campaigners didn't influence me, I'm was against the idea of the EU before I'd even heard of these people.

My friend shared this on Facebook. It's a good personal story about the impact the leave campaign has had on EU nationals living (and contributing) in this country. http://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2016/jun/21/for-the-first-time-in-18-years-i-dont-feel-welcome-in-britain

It's one many of my friends (including @Eenuh earlier in this thread) have expressed. It's been the most shameful part of the whole thing to be frank.

The reality is immigration is a privilege, not a right. I'm sorry the British people voting for self determination and independence from the EU is inconvenient for many good EU immigrants here, but surely they can't expect the British people to base their decision on the future of their country on the feelings of foreigners. Of course a portion of the remain voters will be racist or xenophobic, but that's no reason not to let the British people decide their future, nor can we assume that every single EU immigrant is a saint making this country better.

This isn't actually a vote on immigration, nor is it a debate about whether you're "pro-immigration" or "anti-immigration", i voted leave and I'm not anti-immigration, I'm for controlled immigration, all that means is we decide. We could hypothetically and in theory leave immigration as it is through the political process (voting and influencing our politicians), the point is we want to decide the level and terms of immigration, not the EU.

Hardly unreasonable given we are the ones that have to live with the consequences, good and bad. It's about controlling deciding our own internal affairs, what I consider the right of any country, and that goes way beyond just the issue of immigration, it goes for everything. What is a nation if it has to seek the approval and accept the conditions of an organisation outside itself to control it's own borders and regulate it's own businesses (the majority of which don't trade with the EU)? We're effectively an administrative region of the EU.

Even the remain campaign recognises the problems of the EU, saying we have to be in it to reform it, a lot of people would rather just cut ties with such a problematic organisation, and perhaps focus on reforming ourselves, our own government and political process is bad enough, I don't want more government (that is less accountable, less democratic and less loyal to Britain) to contend with. There will be a lot of uncertainty and economic challenges if we leave but I think this is the price of independence and self determination.

I guess this was always going to be the problem though. They say the older generations would be more likely to vote to exit and the younger to remain but younger generations are also less likely to actually go out and vote.

No fucking way is this happening, I clearly woke up in the wrong reality.

Are you serious? If so, do you realise the irony of that statement, negatively generalising a large group of people you don't know?

The likes of Farage and other dubious remain campaigners didn't influence me, I'm was against the idea of the EU before I'd even heard of these people.

The reality is immigration is a privilege, not a right. I'm sorry the British people voting for self determination and independence from the EU is inconvenient for many good EU immigrants here, but surely they can't expect the British people to base their decision on the future of their country on the feelings of foreigners. Of course a portion of the remain voters will be racist or xenophobic, but that's no reason not to let the British people decide their future, nor can we assume that every single EU immigrant is a saint making this country better.

This isn't actually a vote on immigration, nor is it a debate about whether you're "pro-immigration" or "anti-immigration", i voted leave and I'm not anti-immigration, I'm for controlled immigration, all that means is we decide. We could hypothetically and in theory leave immigration as it is through the political process (voting and influencing our politicians), the point is we want to decide the level and terms of immigration, not the EU.

Hardly unreasonable given we are the ones that have to live with the consequences, good and bad. It's about controlling deciding our own internal affairs, what I consider the right of any country, and that goes way beyond just the issue of immigration, it goes for everything. What is a nation if it has to seek the approval and accept the conditions of an organisation outside itself to control it's own borders and regulate it's own businesses (the majority of which don't trade with the EU)? We're effectively an administrative region of the EU.

Even the remain campaign recognises the problems of the EU, saying we have to be in it to reform it, a lot of people would rather just cut ties with such a problematic organisation, and perhaps focus on reforming ourselves, our own government and political process is bad enough, I don't want more government (that is less accountable, less democratic and less loyal to Britain) to contend with. There will be a lot of uncertainty and economic challenges if we leave but I think this is the price of independence and self determination.

I hope that "sovereignty" is worth the destruction of the United Kingdom, the end of free trade with the EU, the end of free movement throughout the EU, the destruction of our economy, the likely dismantling of the entire EU, and the ruination of millions of livlihoods throughout the world as we probably slip into another global recession (one which will have dire consequences that extend beyond the economic impact and into the political landscape of the entire world).

Edited by Dcubed