Mr-Paul

EU Referendum - In/Out?

The EU?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. The EU?

• In
    • Out
    • Shake it all about

"I don't get what's so bad about our country" is a sweeping statement which a lot of people actually believe. So, why would I assume that he is instead saying "the EU doesnt damage our country"?

If he mispoke then thats fine. But dont try and say its my fault for misunderstanding.

Because he said it in a thread about the EU referendum, replying to posts talking about the EU referendum.

It's pretty safe to assume everything being said in this thread is in relation to the EU and our relationship with it.

Just to clarify I was obviously referring to the comments in this thread, including a post from @Animal, that stated that we are screwed regardless.

I thought it was pretty obvious, but hey ho.

hey ho.

You're more likely to get @MoogleViper's attention if you tag him.

My friend shared this on Facebook. It's a good personal story about the impact the leave campaign has had on EU nationals living (and contributing) in this country. http://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2016/jun/21/for-the-first-time-in-18-years-i-dont-feel-welcome-in-britain

It's one many of my friends (including @Eenuh earlier in this thread) have expressed. It's been the most shameful part of the whole thing to be frank.

Is it wrong that something this important is boring me so much and I can't wait for it to be over?

REMAIN has been odds on favourite the whole way, this "close call" is utter bullshit. Now REMAIN is 1/7. We're staying in, I just hope this whole farce doesn't cause long term damage in dividing the country!

Oh yeah there's serious fatigue going on. I've not watched the last few debates and I just want this whole nightmare to be over.

I think when Goron said that, he meant 'in the context of staying or leaving the EU', since Animal was saying 'The country is fucked, so let's leave'.

But to be honest, @Nuntendo has pointed out exactly why it'd be fucked anyway. For me, at least. I'm more or less working to live and this is us remaining and there's people I know who are in the same situation, my issue would be if it could be better. I don't think it could. I think things could be if there was a change but it's unlikely.

Like I said, no clear answers and no clear winners...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah there's serious fatigue going on. I've not watched the last few debates and I just want this whole nightmare to be over.

I almost wished I didn't have to vote...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Conspiracy theories have already cropped up. People thinking that pencil votes will be rubbed out and turned to remain from leave, people saying police stopping them from loaning pens out and some people (granted it's Nick Griffin) saying that postal votes for Leave have been tampered with.

Seems legit.

It's why I took a live Octopus to use its ink rather than pen or pencil.

The pencil thing is ridiculous for so many reasons. There are far easier ways to spoil/tramper with/outright get rid of votes than erasing and crossing something else because that just looks suspicious.

Or as Sophie Houlden put it:

[tweet]745987198936354816[/tweet]

I carved my vote into a steel plate; stop the spooks from getting to my democracy.

Wait, I thought you were supposed to vote "Remain" by carving an "X" into Cameron's face.

The pencil thing is ridiculous for so many reasons. There are far easier ways to spoil/tramper with/outright get rid of votes than erasing and crossing something else because that just looks suspicious.

Yeah, with the government's budget, they'd at least use one if those pens with the one white end and one blue end.

I've done practically no work today. I'm kind of stressed and anxious and not necessarily about the result, but I just want it over. I guess I'm classing today as a day off.

I've voted! Time to get us rid of them darkies!!

Also I enjoyed this on facebook earlier;

I'm so glad "Shake it all about" made it into the thread poll, good work! :laughing:

Seriously though, I cast my vote about 30 mins ago, and voted to stay in the EU. I'm happy to see that the majority have voted the same here too. Still, the fact that recent opinion polls were so close makes me very nervous about tomorrow...

I'm so glad "Shake it all about" made it into the thread poll, good work! :laughing:

Seriously though, I cast my vote about 30 mins ago, and voted to stay in the EU. I'm happy to see that the majority have voted the same here too. Still, the fact that recent opinion polls were so close makes me very nervous about tomorrow...

What you gonna do though. The best we have is turning out and voting, whatever the outcome I'll know I went and had my say in what is, truly, a democratic vote.

But if you want to make yourself feel better don't buy a beer and bet the money on opposite outcome to what you want. That's what I've done anyway - I'm a winner either way :p!

Saw an amusing thing where the people with the pencil conspiracy ideas are mostly the ones who are voting to give the government full control over the country.

I'm just looking forward to being able to look at my Facebook feed again without it being flooded with Brexit/Remain stuff.

So when can we expect the results? Do we get live updates as the counties tally their votes or do we just get a final number in the morning?

I'm actually concerned there may be riots tomorrow

If we remain I can certainly see that. If we leave I'd expect shouting rather than violence.

If we remain they're going to say it was rigged. Some already are.

So when can we expect the results? Do we get live updates as the counties tally their votes or do we just get a final number in the morning?

Official results won't be until around 9am tomorrow, once they're done counting the votes.

If we remain I can certainly see that. If we leave I'd expect shouting rather than violence.

If we remain they're going to say it was rigged. Some already are.

People are going to be upset regardless but I guess it depends how close the vote is.

I won't be upset regardless of the outcome.