NEurope
Hero-of-Time

God of War (PS4)

This looked great! The camera angle makes it even more visceral... if that was even possible!

The best bit is with the boy accidentally hurt Kronos during the finishing move XD

Very impressed with the look of this. GOW so badly needed a complete shake up and it looks like they've delivered.

While it takes some clear influences from the likes of Tomb Raider 2013/Uncharted/TLOU, the over the shoulder melee combat is definitely original. How many other games have similar camera views with an emphasis on melee? God Hand is the only one that springs to mind!

I just hope that they don't ditch the puzzle solving and exploration elements that made the series so good... They seem to have removed platforming (and the ability to jump all together), but maybe we'll see something of the sort later on...

Either way, I'm really glad that they're shaking things up. As much as I loved the first three numbered games, the series is seriously stale at this point.

Edited by Dcubed

This looked crazy good. We also know based on leaked artwork it gets epic.

It looks like God of War meets the Souls games.

I am erect with anticipation.

Loved that the lead character (new to the franchise so don't know if he's always the lead) was voiced by Chris Judge (Teal'c from SG-1) :D

@Dcubed

Over the shoulder melee, Ryse was that way.

Oh yeah, you're right. Forgot about that one.

It's still very uncommon though and hasn't really been explored much, so it's still a pretty fresh idea :)

Well, this is the first God of War game which actually gives me that crucial feeling of anticipation for it and genuinely wanting to play it. :D

Despite owning the remasters of the other games because I got them cheaply, I've only ever played the opening to the original God of War... for this I make no apology either, they just never grabbed me that much. ::shrug:

This though? I want to pre-order it. :)

I've never played the others before. Worth getting God of War 3 remaster?

I've never played the others before. Worth getting God of War 3 remaster?

Get God of War 1&2 first, then get 3.

Ignore the rest unless you REALLY want more...

Well, this is the first God of War game which actually gives me that crucial feeling of anticipation for it and genuinely wanting to play it. :D

Despite owning the remasters of the other games because I got them cheaply, I've only ever played the opening to the original God of War... for this I make no apology either, they just never grabbed me that much. ::shrug:

This though? I want to pre-order it. :)

You really need to give them a chance. At first glance you might be tempted to write it off as a mindless hack and slasher, but later on it turns out to be more like a linear Zelda game with lots of puzzle solving, platforming and exploration :)

Oh my god! The soundtrack is being done by Bear McCreary!

Edit: OK, the first time I don't watch the conference, it opens with him.

Edited by Cube

Get God of War 1&2 first, then get 3.

Ignore the rest unless you REALLY want more

While Ascension can be skipped I wouldn't dismiss Chains of Olympus or Ghost of Sparta so easily. Both are brilliant games and really add to the story, especially Ghost of Sparta.

This looked completely fucking awesome and what a way to kick off that conference. Really enjoyed what they showed of this! :D

You will still play Kratos most of the time, you can switch to his son for support and puzzles I think.

While what I saw was impressive, I must say that I am a bit saddened that the action style I enjoyed from the previous games seems to have disappeared. Doesn't feel like a God of War game to me.

While what I saw was impressive, I must say that I am a bit saddened that the action style I enjoyed from the previous games seems to have disappeared. Doesn't feel like a God of War game to me.

Who says it wont have the action? :grin:

Who says it wont have the action? :grin:

It's not the action, it's the style. At the moment, it looks like it will control like Demons/Dark souls (basic but meaningful contact) but with the viewpoint of The Last of Us. Nothing like Devil May Cry which is what the predecessors drew their combat inspiration from.

Apparently they considered doing Egyptian mythology.

Which is kind of amusing, as Teal'c (Christopher Judge) is voicing Kratos in this.

The game will be releasing on April 20th 2018, as revealed by this new story trailer:

Edited by Julius Caesar

Will I enjoy and follow the story of this game not having played any of the others?