NEurope
Hero-of-Time

God of War (PS4)

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm loving that Sony's single player, heavy narrative games are showing that there is a market for such games.

Yeah, and it seems Sony will continue to create and support those types of games.

Apparently the game has sold over 5 million copies in it's first month. Crazy.

That's insane. Will be interesting to see if The Last of Us 2 can sell more.

34 minutes ago, drahkon said:

That's insane. Will be interesting to see if The Last of Us 2 can sell more.

I think Spider-Man has a good shot at doing those kinds of numbers.

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think Spider-Man has a good shot at doing those kinds of numbers.

Oh boy, I keep forgetting that this game is coming out this year, too.
I can't keep up :(

But you're right. If it turns out to be a good game the Spider-Man brand will do the rest.

Edited by drahkon

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently the game has sold over 5 million copies in it's first month. Crazy. I'm loving that Sony's single player, heavy narrative games are showing that there is a market for such games. It's great to see them do well when you have an industry pushing for multiplayer focused titles or the GaaS model. 

And to believe some believed the single player genre was dying, Sony invested into this and it's paying off.  5 million copies in 1 month is beyond impressive.

Now that my wedding and honeymoon are over I have fucked off the backlog and decided to buy this.

Just wow! I have played just over 2 hrs and just beaten the stranger. The graphics and scenery are just out of this world. I also loved how that stranger fight turned out. i felt like I was in a film. 

The story has gripped me from the start. I haven't played any previous God of War games. I'm hoping that won't be too detrimental following the story.

I cannot wait to play more!

• Thanks 2

I'm hanging on until E3 as apparently this and a number of other titles will be reduced.  

Since the launch of the game, from every social media and forum corner in this realm, the single most requested enhancement has been to add New Game+. It’s with our greatest pleasure to create this in honour of you – our fans.

[...]

In New Game+, you’ll start a new game with many upgrades you had from the completion of your last main quest, such as armours, pommels, talismans, and more…except your strength to open or kick down doors remains the same.

And yes, when I mentioned it won’t be just a sunny stroll pulverizing Draugrs and Nightmares like your weapons are on auto-pilot, the difficulty will be harder.

PlayStation Blog

Uhhhhhhh. Nice. Might make a New Game+ run my Platinum trophy playthrough then :peace:

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, drahkon said:

PlayStation Blog

Uhhhhhhh. Nice. Might make a New Game+ run my Platinum trophy playthrough then :peace:

Great news, been holding off a second playthrough hoping for NG+. Will give me a chance to try out photo mode as well.

• Like 1

Just completed the game. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to working on some side quests now.

Sony put out a Father and Son trailer for Father's Day, yesterday. There are spoilers in the trailer, so don't watch it if you haven't beaten the game yet.

:bowdown::cry::bowdown:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

God damn this game is a fickle bitch in places :blank: fuck that challenge for 20 kills without getting hit, followed shortly by a harder version.

• Thanks 1

Ah havent got that far yet. I am useless against the Valkyries...

They can fuck right off too. Most of them have reasonable patterns but for every single one they definitely thought "how can this be a bit more frustrating than the last?" Some of them have unblockable attacks where you have to hit them with an axe throw before it happens, with no other option, but I'm pretty sure some attacks are just 100% unavoidable.

Don't even get me started on Niflheim.

Can't you order Boy to shoot an arrow instead of throwing the axe? Or are we thinking of different attacks...

Kind of glad I played on easy now!

When the red circle appears for an unblockable attack? The one that does full AoE damage of about 1/3 your HP? Man I hope the arrow is not enough cos if it is, I've been overcomplicating that particular aspect.

Yeah when you see a Valkyrie ready to take off for an aoe attack a shock arrow should be enough to disrupt the move set and keep them grounded. To be honest I left the Valkyries till last when I had the pick of all the gear I'd collected, the fights can be pretty fun if you mix up your gear to suit each Valkyrie, except Sigrun, she can fuck right off.

Spoiler

I've only defeated Gunnr so far. Haven't attempted any of the others as been tying up a few loose ends. Heading back to Niflheim at the moment - it's great fun there!

Edited by MilaGi

On 7/4/2018 at 8:46 AM, Map said:

Yeah when you see a Valkyrie ready to take off for an aoe attack a shock arrow should be enough to disrupt the move set and keep them grounded. To be honest I left the Valkyries till last when I had the pick of all the gear I'd collected, the fights can be pretty fun if you mix up your gear to suit each Valkyrie, except Sigrun, she can fuck right off.

I can't really stand mixing up gear. If a game ever needed saved armour sets, it was this one.

32 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I can't really stand mixing up gear. If a game ever needed saved armour sets, it was this one.

I know what you mean, saved gear sets would have been a god send especially as you have to swap out enchantments as well.

23 hours ago, drahkon said:

@MilaGi

Your post might be a spoiler for some, so a spoiler tag would be a good idea :peace: 

Still not really sure why you singled out my post for "potential spoilers" when there's other posts on here that could be the same :confused::laughing:

Spoiler

@Shorty What is it that you dislike about Niflheim? I've enjoyed the maze running and mini boss fights etc. Still have 2 more of the realm tears to complete (I'll admit the mist echoes are annoying), but I managed to defeat the Valkyrie (Hildr) last night at the first attempt - so one less thing to worry about :)

7 hours ago, MilaGi said:

Niflheim (Hide contents)

@Shorty What is it that you dislike about Niflheim? I've enjoyed the maze running and mini boss fights etc. Still have 2 more of the realm tears to complete (I'll admit the mist echoes are annoying), but I managed to defeat the Valkyrie (Hildr) last night at the first attempt - so one less thing to worry about :)

I guess it's easier if you go back later. After I got a few better bits of armour every fight got a lot easier. That stands to reason obviously but it's so late in the game the options for getting much stronger are fewer, so it's a bit of a wall. Also it's going to take a lot more runs to do all of it.