NEurope
Hero-of-Time

God of War (PS4)

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just got in from work to find my copy waiting for me. My PS4 sounds like a jet engine while the game is running. It's clearly pushing the hardware. 

Time to trade in your Switch and get a PS4 Pro.

6 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Time to trade in your Switch and get a PS4 Pro.

Nah. Been playing on the Dreamcast recently so I'm used to loud disc drives and fans. :p 

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Time to trade in your Dreamcast and get a Mega CD

I don't think my mate would be happy with me trading in his Dreamcast. :D 

Put a couple of hours into the game and I'm not feeling it yet. Graphics are amazing but the story hasnt really gripped me at the moment.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My PS4 sounds like a jet engine while the game is running. It's clearly pushing the hardware. 

If you haven’t recently, maybe it’s time for a clean? 

10 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

If you haven’t recently, maybe it’s time for a clean? 

I'll have you know I have 2 showers a day! If I have 3 will my PS4 run quieter? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Take the PS4 into the showers with you and yes it will.

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yes, but only if you pray to Kaz Hirai immediately after the third shower for three consecutive days will you earn the platinum trophy. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Yes, but only if you pray to Kaz Hirai immediately after the third shower for three consecutive days will you earn the platinum trophy. 

Bah! I hate trophies where you have to play for consecutive days.

• Haha 1

If one were to shower with three PS4s at the same time, would they still earn the trophy or does it definitely have to be 3 consecutive days. Asking...for a friend.

Pls respond.

16 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

If one were to shower with three PS4s at the same time, would they still earn the trophy or does it definitely have to be 3 consecutive days. Asking...for a friend.

Pls respond.

I like your thinking, but no, it's definitely three consecutive days (just checked the trophy guide to make sure). I'm fairly sure showering that with three PS4s at the same time is the only way to get a strong PSN connection.

Edited by Julius Caesar

23 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

I like your thinking, but no, it's definitely three consecutive days (just checked the trophy guide to make sure). I'm fairly sure showering that with three PS4s at the same time is the only way to get a strong PSN connection.

I have to plug my PS4 directly into the internet. It's the only way I can get my megahertz to transfer fast enough. I've tried downloading more RAM and everything, but nothing seems to work.

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I have to plug my PS4 directly into the internet. It's the only way I can get my megahertz to transfer fast enough. I've tried downloading more RAM and everything, but nothing seems to work.

Did you try turning it off and on again? 

Got this in the post from ShopTo yesterday and sunk a few hours into it. Loving it so far, though I'm not sure how long my DualShock4 will survive at this rate. Combat is incredibly frantic and all the button combinations are really starting to confuse me.

Production wise though, stunning. Really hope I get used to the combat soon, it'll make it a lot more enjoyable.

I'm finding it quite fun to explore and find chests dotted around the place. It's also hard to separate Kratos from Teal'c in my head lol

13 hours ago, lostmario said:

get a PS4 Pro.

Pretty sure he’d prefer to reduce the fan noise, not amplify it. :heh:

• Haha 1

This is lovely. Made me shed a tear of joy, too. :) Similar to the Mario + Rabids creative director's reaction at E3.

From the video description:

So, I thought a lot about whether or not to upload but then I thought of what my son, Helo, is going through right now. He doesn't want us to be around when he is sad, opting to run in another room and yell at us if we try to come in. It has been important to us to let him know that it is OK to be sad, it is OK to cry. There is nothing to hide. I thought I would try to set a good example and show him that papa can cry in front of the world, or at least the 50 people who end up watching this. :) This is for you, Helo. Papa loves you.

Sometimes we gamers need to remember that there are human beings creating the things we love. Passionate people who pour their heart and soul into their work. As a community us gamers should be much more grateful. There's so much unwarranted hate towards developers sometimes...it's disgusting. Yes, we are allowed to criticize, heck, we should be encouraged. But many should remember that words can hurt.

Anyway, gonna take a shower now and afterwards I'll pick up my copy of God of War. :peace:

• Thanks 3

Got my copy :D Now it's time to eat and then dive in. Fuck the incredible weather, I'll stay inside today :laughing:

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing.

Cory had a huge task in front of him and he has pulled it off. I'm very happy for him and his team. :heart::bowdown:

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Got my copy :D Now it's time to eat and then dive in. Fuck the incredible weather, I'll stay inside today :laughing:

Haha. That's what I was like yesterday. I have been complaining for ages that the weather has been garbage, what with constant rain and cold winds, and the first time we get some sun I went home, drew the blackout curtains ( hate sun being on the TV ) and fired up God of War. :D 

• Haha 2

I'm gonna have to duck out of this thread. Everytime I come in to read the posts I get more and more tempted to buy the game but I want to wait until I finish Yakuza 6!

Just now, Happenstance said:

I'm gonna have to duck out of this thread. Everytime I come in to read the posts I get more and more tempted to buy the game but I want to wait until I finish Yakuza 6!

Yeah, seems a bit pointless picking both up. You may as well just finish get one of them and finish that before buying the next one. Both games are story driven and seem to be time sinks. I imagine the experience would be lessened it switching between the 2.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Put a couple of hours into the game and I'm not feeling it yet..

If I had been the one to come in here and say that, I'd have got murdered :grin:

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

If I had been the one to come in here and say that, I'd have got murdered :grin:

Not really. We expect such comments from you by now. :p