NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil VII

I've just played the demo. Wow, really atmospheric! Made me jump a couple of times. Really looking forward to what the full game brings.

Imagine it in VR though.

I've just played the demo. Wow, really atmospheric! Made me jump a couple of times. Really looking forward to what the full game brings.

Imagine it in VR though.

This is the AAA game that will sell the PSVR.

I really enjoyed the demo, in VR, it will be incredible.

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will give it a go, all the talk of cack to RE1 is exciting, and VR? Oh yes!!! Is this coming out at PSVR launch?

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will give it a go, all the talk of cack to RE1 is exciting, and VR? Oh yes!!! Is this coming out at PSVR launch?

Resi is scheduled for January, so not launch, but pretty close.

We have a bit more info, thanks to interviews with Polygon and Eurogamer, and it's all been summed up at Rely on Horror: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-7-combat-herbs-protagonist-etc-polygon-eurogamer-interviews-confirms/

• RE7 will "not be a gun fest" like RE4-6, focus is on making "every bullet count"
  • That said, there will be a way to fend off your foes, so you're not completely helpless
  • We play the role of a new protagonist, a normal civilian. So no BSAA-like heroes with beefed up powers
  • RE7 is going back to basics
  • Herbs will return
  • Set in 2017, 5 years after the events of RE6
  • Game is "not a reboot, it's a rebuilding from the ground up"
  • The fact it shares the "Resident Evil" and "Biohazard" names in the title is a hint as to what's happening in the game
  • A more focused and "claustrophobic story"
  • Set entirely in a plantation in Louisiana
  • Game is "stripped down to it's core" with a focus being "first and foremost on horror"
  • Game will entirely be in first person

The more I hear about this, the more promising it becomes. This is the most excited I've been for a Resident Evil game in a very very long time! :bouncy:

Also, in regards to the demo... apparently there's actually a way to ESCAPE from the house. No solution has been found as of yet though:

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/e3-2016-resident-evil-7-demo-is-beatable-possible-to-escape-the-house-says-capcom/

Time to go exploring. :grin:

I've played the teaser and really enjoyed it. It's not Resi at all, but I don't give a fuck, I had an excellent time with it.

I gave it two playthroughs:

Started off by exploring the upstairs bit and knocking one of the mannequins downstairs. Went to the kitchen and into the next room to find the bolt cutters. Used that to get the tape, did the next section with the three guys and found the secret hideout. I got the backdoor key and found that either one of the mannequins had moved from upstairs (it felt to the ground where you use the bolt cutters) or it had moved from earlier and was in a totally different place to before. I promptly died when trying to escape out of the door.

I went straight for the secret room and found the fuse. Used that on the stairs to drop the ladder. Heard the phone ringing and answered it. Died in the same room!

Will definitely keep an eye on this. :D

EDIT: Demo is getting an update.

At Tokyo Game Show earlier today, Capcom confirmed several new details about the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo. Currently available exclusively to PlayStation Plus subscribers, it broke records as the most downloaded demo in the first seven days of its release for North America on PS4. Capcom shared that the demo has just recently reached over 3 million downloads worldwide to date. It was also announced that the demo will receive a brand new update that allows players to explore more of the mysterious, derelict mansion. This new “Twilight” version will be available tomorrow, September 15, and will be available for all PS4 users to download.
Edited by Hero-of-Time

Damn! That's a fantastic trailer!

Actually really looking forward to this one! I really didn't think that they'd be able to recapture my interest after RE6, but this really does look horrifically fab! :D

That's going to be terrifying enough without VR, but with it.. heart attack central.

Just gave "Beginning Hour" another go as it's now been updated.

My poor, poor heart. It can't take these scares.

I left the first room and noticed that you could access the room on the right now (instead of proceeding down the hallway on the left) and this took me to a toilet/shower room and a locked basement door. I went back to the kitchen and picked up the usual items (dummy finger, bolt cutters, then tape). I didn't watch the tape. I pulled the handle in the fireplace to open the hidden room and picked up the fuse to go upstairs. After going upstairs, I noticed that there was a new area, with a ladder that led out of the house, with a locked door. I picked up the key which allowed me to go through the basement door and got THE SHOCK OF MY FUCKING LIFE. Legit screamed.

Not touching anything with this right now, going to play it on the VR when it comes out!!

I can't imagine anything worse than trying this in VR.

Incredible atmosphere and tension. I was actually shaking and I think I'm usually pretty good with this sort of stuff usually.

Looks like RE7 is reviewing well and VR might be the best way to play it.

If you don't want to die of a heart attack!

Well I have a copy en route - I have no idea how long I'll last in VR.

Picked this up earlier.

Didn't have any intentions to, but got back from a break in York early this afternoon and thought, why not.

Hadn't even tried the demo. Didn't like it was first person, bitched and moaned about it not being 'proper Res' when it was first unveiled etc etc :p

Anyway turns out I should have had more trust. Or just at least tried the damn demo! I've been playing only for around 2 hours, and I really like it. It doesn't feel like RE in a traditional sense. Like you wouldn't know it was RE until someone told you. But then as I play it there are so many nods to the older games (particularly the original) with the doors and keys and herbs, and I'm just loving it.

It's very very gruesome so far. And it is so atmospheric, reminds me so much of 'Condemned', a game I lost a lot of underwear to. Haha.

Actually can't wait to play more.

It's really good. Classic Resi fun but in first-person. My entire playthrough so far has been in VR and I can't imagine playing it in 2D. Being inside that awful house, being able to peek around corners yourself - it's a blast.

Hopefully more developers will follow suit and make their games playable in VR and not.

Fantastic.

Go to play this just now and load up the game. Click continue. "Loadable saved data could not be found".

Won't let me lod anything or continue the game. What gives?

Looks like I'm going to have to start all over again.

And now the game won't even load. Clicked new game and it's just stuck on the loading screen and has been for 10 minutes.

It's really good. Classic Resi fun but in first-person. My entire playthrough so far has been in VR and I can't imagine playing it in 2D. Being inside that awful house, being able to peek around corners yourself - it's a blast.

Hopefully more developers will follow suit and make their games playable in VR and not.

How terrifying is it? Don't know if I like cope :)

Fantastic.

Go to play this just now and load up the game. Click continue. "Loadable saved data could not be found".

Won't let me lod anything or continue the game. What gives?

Looks like I'm going to have to start all over again.

And now the game won't even load. Clicked new game and it's just stuck on the loading screen and has been for 10 minutes.

Did you get to the...

...first save room? With the tape recorder, item storage box and the telephone?

That's where I left the game the other night after my brother and I started playing the game as he wanted to see the game while he was down for a couple of days, we're both intrigued by the game so far as it really seems decent but in a familiar yet new style of Resi way. :)

I haven't tried the continue option yet but was planning on loading it up in a bit so I'll let you know if anything similar happens, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with it though. :hmm:

I quit the game, turned the console off, took the disc out, put something else in and loaded that, then went back to it.

And it loaded thankfully.

So I was just being a little bitch truth be told but still annoying that it basically fucked up and then froze!