NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil VII

It looked amazing. Haven't been exxcited about a Resident Evil since 4. Had P.T. (Silent Hills) vibes. :D

Although I've pre-ordered PSVR, not sure I'll cope with horror VR..

When they said that they were erring away from action, they weren't kidding!

VERY interested in this one! Will be keeping a close eye on it :)

I can't help but feel disappointed in that trailer?

It obviously doesn't give anything away, so it's a bit early to judge, but it did look more like Silent Hill which is not a good thing at all for me.

Also a move from third person to first? For the main series? Unsure.

I will try and be optimistic... but I'll have to keep a close eye onthis!

Hm kinda looks like it's fits amongst the recent jump scare horror PC games... doesn't really look like Resident Evil.

That said, nothing can be worse than the direction they went in for 6, so I'll wait and see.

I personally thought it looked absolutely amazing! Scary as fuck!

I love how over here its called Resident Evil VII: Biohazard and in Japan its Biohazard VII: Resident Evil

[tweet]742628913872932868[/tweet]

That's more like it for Resident Evil. Less "actiony", more scary!

Edited by Kav

I'm glad Resi has changed it up a bit (a lot). And anything even slightly as scary as PT is good in my book.

I love how over here its called Resident Evil VII: Biohazard and in Japan its Biohazard VII: Resident Evil

Haha, I was going to ask about that. Or if they were going to call it Biohazard VII: Biohazard.

That's more like it for Resident Evil. Less "actiony", more scary!

That's what I (partly) disagree with though. Resi was not just a PT/Amnesia style horror game, the market is saturated with those at the moment. It was the just right blend of survival/action/puzzle.

I'm personally glad of the change. Freshen things up for the franchise.

That's what I (partly) disagree with though. Resi was not just a PT/Amnesia style horror game, the market is saturated with those at the moment. It was the just right blend of survival/action/puzzle.

Yeah, this would be my thoughts. Except that I don't really like the original Resi. I'm more of a 4 dude. Also, 1st person? Blech!

This just seems like another horror game which I won't have any interest in.

That logo is dope though!

That's very cool as well.

I recently spoke about my lack of interest in the Resident Evil franchise in its most recent form and that it would need to change drastically in order to lure me back in. Also, despite never having the opportunity to play the P.T. demo, I had the impression that somethng like that would be frighteningly cool and engrossing with VR.

It seems like Resident Evil VII has ticked both of those boxes and it could well help make the PS4 a more attractive proposition for myself somewhere down the line.. unless we get it on NX, of course :grin:

that's a shit load of NOPE right there! NOPE NOPE NOPE

I don't think my heart is strong enough for VR horror, I might die!

I'll likely buy it but surely it can't be forced first-person for the entire game? :blank:

That's not Resident Evil for me, the overall tone felt like a Resi game in part but also jumping on that recent horror bandwagon.

Let's hope we see lots more between now and January! ::shrug:

Because I'm not buying PSVR so I hope the game isn't compromised to accomodate it.

The *logo does look amazing though. :awesome:

*So if the game does fail to impress then I suppose I could just buy the empty box. :indeed:

I would guess that the VR version is always first person, for that extra horror element.

The normal version might incorporate a third person perspective.

Doesn't look like it. The demo that's available now is first-person, and nowhere mentions a third-person mode.

After watching the trailer, and playing the demo, I'm pretty hyped for this! This is really not what I expected RE7 to be (but then who did), but it really works, and the presentation helps it to feel like an RE game. It's definitely not as scary as PT, but it's an extremely tense experience. It looks like there's going to be puzzle elements to it again too, judging by things scattered around the environment.

Although, whilst this is a big change of formula for the series, the fact it's called "Resident Evil 7" makes me believe it'll be a continuation of the story somehow. Whilst we have a trailer and a demo, there's really very little info, which makes me think there's gonna be some big links to the previous titles.

This looked great in the conference. Am going to give the demo a try and see what's up. :D

Had a go on the demo earlier. It didn't feel like a Resi game to me at all, but I guess that's a good thing at this point, and what most people want. :hehe:

It played well though, looks pretty good and has a great atmosphere. It'll obviously be an amazing experience in VR. :awesome:

Finished the demo and quite enjoyed it. It's nothing like other Resi games but that's no bad thing, it's more like a spiritual successor to PT.

Had a go on the demo earlier. It didn't feel like a Resi game to me at all, but I guess that's a good thing at this point, and what most people want. :hehe:

Is it? I thought people just wanted Resi to return to its roots a bit. It fell off the deep end when it took the Resi 4 formula to an extreme, but personally I still want to remain attached to Resident Evil. Otherwise it may as well be another horror franchise altogether.

Is it? I thought people just wanted Resi to return to its roots a bit. It fell off the deep end when it took the Resi 4 formula to an extreme, but personally I still want to remain attached to Resident Evil. Otherwise it may as well be another horror franchise altogether.
Well, that's the impression I get. ::shrug: You're right though, if it changes too much then it may as well be another franchise.

Anyway, it's difficult to tell from such a small demo, perhaps the final product will have more of a Resi vibe to it. :blank: