NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Spider-Man (PS4)

Just need to have Nickelback's Hero on Spotify while playing the game and everything will be as it should be. :D 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just need to have Nickelback's Hero on Spotify while playing the game and everything will be as it should be. :D 

Well, I guess I’ve found the suit that I’ll be playing in when I pick up the DLC and have my second playthrough...probably put Danny Elfman’s score on in the background too :D 

• Like 1

I normally don't give a shit about costumes in games, but this announcement has made me unreasonably happy. I can't wait to get home tonight and download it!

• Like 1

Got this for Christmas and 100% it last night.

What an incredible game. I thought the balance with the open world challenges/missions and main story was perfect. Crazy amount of things to do around New York which looks amazing on the PS4 Pro.

They crammed so much into the story yet they somehow still teased so much for the sequel.

• Like 2

Finally finished off the last DLC. It was pretty good, but more of the same. I actually think the DLC was pretty good value for money - you get quite a few missions and extra things to do.

Insomniac have teased some sort of Fantastic 4 content, which may just be an Easter egg or a new suit, or it may be a new DLC. Don't know if it'll be included in the season pass or not, if it is though.

Just finished the game 100% and it's become my third Platinum. Really, really enjoyed it. Amusingly, my last trophy was the one for fast travelling 5 times.

I got the DLC for a tenner and "platinum'd" it, it was pretty good but yeah, didn't mix things up at all. Still it was nice to swing around again and get all the new suits.

The DLC could definitely have tried to mix things up more. Perhaps different gadgets or something like that. I know there isn't enough space for more, but they could perhaps add different "paths" you can switch between. New suit powers and mods would have been nice, too.

Still, more of the same is still good.

The DLC could definitely have tried to mix things up more. Perhaps different gadgets or something like that. I know there isn't enough space for more, but they could perhaps add different "paths" you can switch between. New suit powers and mods would have been nice, too.
Still, more of the same is still good.
I'm ok with them saving that sort of stuff for the sequel though. That and fleshing New York out a bit.

I dunno, I kinda feel like DLC should feel like more than missions that didn’t make the cut. Great DLC in the past has told new stories with new main characters even. We could’ve had some Miles DLC or we could’ve actually been Black Cat. Don’t settle for less just because you want more later! 

I am absolutely in love with this game but my GOD the drone challenges are horrible! It's literally the only thing stopping me getting my first ever Platinum trophy (buy all suits). I have three left to get and I basically need to reach the highest tier on all challenges. The only challenges left to get the highest on are the drones and one combat challenge! I want to cry!

Other than that, this game is basically perfect and I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Final Fantasy XV. Since that, it's the only game I really wanted to do absolutely everything for.

I am absolutely in love with this game but my GOD the drone challenges are horrible! It's literally the only thing stopping me getting my first ever Platinum trophy (buy all suits). I have three left to get and I basically need to reach the highest tier on all challenges. The only challenges left to get the highest on are the drones and one combat challenge! I want to cry!
Other than that, this game is basically perfect and I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Final Fantasy XV. Since that, it's the only game I really wanted to do absolutely everything for.

Just start a new game +. You can get extra tokens from that game, which is enough to buy all the suits without having to do the challenges.

Picked this up in the sale yesterday. I’m sure there’s a good game in there somewhere but I’m finding it so frustrating at the moment. Of course, I’m used to the Arkham combat and accept that fighting as Spider-Man will be different as you can’t just hold your ground as Batman does. But would it have hurt to have the option to remap the controls? Keep pressing triangle to dodge which, granted is happening less and less now, but the whole dodge mechanic seems broken to me as your Spidey sense goes off when you’re nowhere near an enemy and you can dodge one attack only to get hit by another seemingly unavoidable one. This, coupled with the fact you die with only a few hits is making the game too hard for me and I’ve had to set it to Friendly mode which is disheartening as I’m no expert gamer but I can handle most games on normal mode at least. It wouldn’t be as bad if they introduced enemy types gradually, but they throw armed, shielded, RPG, Brute and grenade enemies at you all at once right from the off, without really giving you chance to hone your skills. I can imagine it getting a bit easier once you unlock skills, but it all seems very unbalanced to me. 

Like I said, I really want to enjoy this game and I am having fun with most of it. But I hate the combat with a passion. 

7 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Picked this up in the sale yesterday. I’m sure there’s a good game in there somewhere but I’m finding it so frustrating at the moment. Of course, I’m used to the Arkham combat and accept that fighting as Spider-Man will be different as you can’t just hold your ground as Batman does. But would it have hurt to have the option to remap the controls? Keep pressing triangle to dodge which, granted is happening less and less now, but the whole dodge mechanic seems broken to me as your Spidey sense goes off when you’re nowhere near an enemy and you can dodge one attack only to get hit by another seemingly unavoidable one. This, coupled with the fact you die with only a few hits is making the game too hard for me and I’ve had to set it to Friendly mode which is disheartening as I’m no expert gamer but I can handle most games on normal mode at least. It wouldn’t be as bad if they introduced enemy types gradually, but they throw armed, shielded, RPG, Brute and grenade enemies at you all at once right from the off, without really giving you chance to hone your skills. I can imagine it getting a bit easier once you unlock skills, but it all seems very unbalanced to me. 

Like I said, I really want to enjoy this game and I am having fun with most of it. But I hate the combat with a passion. 

Just keep at it and you’ll eventually get the timing down. It can be tough but when you get it you’ll be sorted.

I tried coming back to the game recently to play the dlc and couldn’t get very far through it at all. I’d completely forgotten how to play. Need to put it back on really and just fight a load of random thugs to get used to it again.

• Like 1

GOTY edition announced.

I finally got around to watching Into the Spider-Verse for the first time the other week (brilliant film) and really felt the desire to play through this again. Sadly, there are just too many other games to be played at the moment for me to revisit this yet but I can see me doing so before the end of the year. I still have the DLC to play through.

@Eenuh played through this game not too long ago but mistakenly did it on my account. I initially said I was going to do it on her account, she's playing through Red Dead 2, so I ended up doing it on my account and got the easiest platinum I think I'm ever going to get. She did virtually all of the hard work and I got maybe...4 trophies myself? :laughing: You can imagine her reaction. 

I played through the game in a week pretty much 100% it myself anyway. It's too fucking fun. Even though there's about a million things to do with the amount of crimes, bases, research tokens, etc, I did them all anyway. I spent so much time swinging around the city to the soundtrack from the best Spider-Man film. Yes, that's right, Into The Spider-Verse. Took so many photos, too.

Basically, I loved this game. 

A few criticisms though. At times, it perhaps tried to do a bit too much.

Spoiler

The story and writing was great. But, I think some of the pacing was off during the game. It's got a very fast paced start, then a huge lull, and then too much at the end. I'm not sure if the Sinister Six really needed to be in this because they didn't really add a lot and I don't feel that we spent much time fleshing them out anyway. The game was about Spider-Man, Doc, Li and Fisk. Should've based it around that.

A few too many MJ missions for my liking, particularly that huge stealth mission in the apartment virtually at the end of the game. Coupled with the Miles stealth section a bit earlier, too. It was just...a weird place to put those bits. I'd maybe keep them but have them earlier.

I love this interpretation of the characters. This is my favourite version of Peter Parker and Mary-Jane. A great version of Miles, Aunt May, Fisk and Doctor Octavius, too. I really enjoyed the writing for the game and the cinematic feel to it. A lot to like about it. 

• Like 2

[mention=689]Eenuh[/mention] played through this game not too long ago but mistakenly did it on my account. I initially said I was going to do it on her account, she's playing through Red Dead 2, so I ended up doing it on my account and got the easiest platinum I think I'm ever going to get. She did virtually all of the hard work and I got maybe...4 trophies myself? :laughing: You can imagine her reaction. 
I played through the game in a week pretty much 100% it myself anyway. It's too fucking fun. Even though there's about a million things to do with the amount of crimes, bases, research tokens, etc, I did them all anyway. I spent so much time swinging around the city to the soundtrack from the best Spider-Man film. Yes, that's right, Into The Spider-Verse. Took so many photos, too.
Basically, I loved this game. 
A few criticisms though. At times, it perhaps tried to do a bit too much.
Spoiler The story and writing was great. But, I think some of the pacing was off during the game. It's got a very fast paced start, then a huge lull, and then too much at the end. I'm not sure if the Sinister Six really needed to be in this because they didn't really add a lot and I don't feel that we spent much time fleshing them out anyway. The game was about Spider-Man, Doc, Li and Fisk. Should've based it around that.
A few too many MJ missions for my liking, particularly that huge stealth mission in the apartment virtually at the end of the game. Coupled with the Miles stealth section a bit earlier, too. It was just...a weird place to put those bits. I'd maybe keep them but have them earlier.
I love this interpretation of the characters. This is my favourite version of Peter Parker and Mary-Jane. A great version of Miles, Aunt May, Fisk and Doctor Octavius, too. I really enjoyed the writing for the game and the cinematic feel to it. A lot to like about it. 

I agree. I feels like they crammed the extra bad guys in when they didn't particularly need them. I feel like it would have been better if they'd spaced them out throughout the game, but i realise that wouldn't have fit with the story.

They need to do a similar thing with the entirety of the new Avengers game. Every character model in that one looking like a weird off-brand version of what you're expecting.

5 minutes ago, bob said:

They need to do a similar thing with the entirety of the new Avengers game. Every character model in that one looking like a weird off-brand version of what you're expecting.

The problem with that game for me was that they really did look like off brand MCU characters when they should have gone more comicky.

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

The problem with that game for me was that they really did look like off brand MCU characters when they should have gone more comicky.

1000% this.

Everything from the character appearances to the muted colour palette are leaning really heavily on the MCU, and my issue with that is that I can't buy the "yes, this is our vision of the Avengers" line they've been feeding us since the start. 

Lean more heavily on the comics for design inspiration, have brighter colours, make things look different enough to the point where I'm not questioning why you didn't just talk to Disney about using the MCU likenesses. Give me that cel shaded, comic book art style that we got in Spider-Man's comic book suit! Still one of my favourites. 

marvels-spider-man_20180907133935.jpg

As for the video though, I think Willem and Tobey look a bit off, but Kirsten's face translated really well. Definitely got me in the mood to revisit the game before Miles Morales, been meaning to pick up the DLC and try out the Raimi suit...

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

Definitely got me in the mood to revisit the game before Miles Morales, been meaning to pick up the DLC and try out the Raimi suit...

The Raimi suit is gorgeous. I'm using it for my current second playthrough.

What's the DLC like for this? Is it worth it? Really enjoyed this game and it was great fun just swapping between the different suits and using their abilities. That comic book skin that got earlier is wonderful. 

Sign in to follow this