NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Spider-Man (PS4)

The console itself looks superb...but that controller looks daft. 

I had the same thoughts about that Darth Vader PS4 from a few years back: great console, not-so-great-looking controller.

vader_ps4.0.0.jpg

But anyways...JUST HURRY UP AND BE SEPTEMBER ALREADY. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

I don't really mind that controller at all. Quite like it! It's definitely better than the Darth Vader one, though. By quite some distance.

This is literally the only game I give a shit about in the whole world right now. My expectations are so high that if it's bad it could kill me at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not particularly happy at the high preorder price for this everywhere at the moment. I don't tend to pay over £40 for a game and despite my love of Spider-Man, I doubt I will here either so I may end up getting to this game late once it's gone down in price.

• Sad 1

I'm in two minds about this game. Can't quite make up my mind over whether to pick it up or not. The trailers look fantastic but listening to Brandon talk about it in the EZA preview made it sound so dull to me (mainly cause of things like the towers and collectibles, that kind of stuff that ends up dragging down some open world games).

I know if I don't pick it up that when it comes out and I hear people talking about it, I'll want it so I'm likely going to get it and hope it gels for me as it really does look great in trailers (not so much in the boss battle footage I saw from E3).

2 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

I'm in two minds about this game. Can't quite make up my mind over whether to pick it up or not. The trailers look fantastic but listening to Brandon talk about it in the EZA preview made it sound so dull to me (mainly cause of things like the towers and collectibles, that kind of stuff that ends up dragging down some open world games).

I know if I don't pick it up that when it comes out and I hear people talking about it, I'll want it so I'm likely going to get it and hope it gels for me as it really does look great in trailers (not so much in the boss battle footage I saw from E3).

Yeah, I kind of have the same worry nagging away at the back of my mind (albeit a very small one, because I’m still as hyped as can be), but I think what’s ultimately going to make the towers/collectibles stuff fun is the traversal, and by all means, I think that’s going to be awesome. I think the problem at this stage is that the average gamer hasn’t had hands-on time with this game, and I feel that a short free demo would help appease our fears with regards to this. 

Going to trade in Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy and Skyrim to pre-order this for 9.99€ :D 

Can't wait :peace: 

Edit: Pre-ordered! 

Edited by drahkon

On 8/12/2018 at 5:58 PM, Happenstance said:

Not particularly happy at the high preorder price for this everywhere at the moment. I don't tend to pay over £40 for a game and despite my love of Spider-Man, I doubt I will here either so I may end up getting to this game late once it's gone down in price.

It really is a bit pricey isn't it... With Shadow of the Tomb Raider also being £45 it's a potentially expensive month....

Stuck in a pre-order for this. Even though I'm not entirely sure about the game I know it's going to end up being one of those ones where if I see people playing or hear friends talk about it, I'll want to play so I thought what the hell. If it ends up not being to my taste, I'll trade it in towards Divinity Original Sins 2 as that's out the week before this.

September really is stacked though. I've got this, Tomb Raider, Spyro and Life is Strange 2 pre-ordered and that'll most likely keep me going for the rest of the year on top of other things I'm currently playing and have pre-ordered. I think I'll be playing catchup on the games that come out in October, November and December well into next year and then it'll all kick off again at the end of January/start of February. You'd think developers would learn to use the summer months to spread all these releases out (I know some say that things don't sell in those months but put a good game out and it'll shift units).

I didn't watch much of that but I read some comments that there's not a lot of momentum in the webswinging? I'm starting to get cold feet on this pre-order, what with that pricetag...

I dunno, everyone who has actually played it seems to love the swinging so I'm happy enough to just take their word for it at this point.

22 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Just a quick heads-up to anyone that doesn’t want tie-ins/potential surprises to the rest of the world/Marvel universe to be ruined: stay away from this video. I haven’t seen anyone particularly attempting to avoid those beats, but I thought I’d just mention it. 

In the event that you don’t mind:

Spoiler

We’ve heard about it being in the game beforehand, and we’ve seen Avengers Tower in the skyline before, but, if I recall correctly, I think that this is the first time that we’ve actually seen Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum (in the shot prior to Spidey descending adjacent to Avengers Tower) in the game? I recall there being rumours about that and the Wakandan Embassy featuring in the game last year. 

@Shorty and @Happenstance if you are still wanting a cheaper deal on the game, Ebay are doing a code for 15% off and this also works for Shopto's Ebay store. This will bring the game down to £41.52. Still not great but certainly better than most places.

Details are HERE

• Thanks 1

Hm, appreciated but I'm getting " This code can't be applied to your order. "

Edit: managed it with guest checkout in incognito window

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Hm, appreciated but I'm getting " This code can't be applied to your order. "

Edit: managed it with guest checkout in incognito window

Good stuff. I was going to mention that someone over on HUKD managed to get it to work with the guest option but you seemed to have sorted it now....unless you are in fact soap_box over on HUKD? :p 

Worth noting you seemingly don't get the steelbook but that's a plus for me :p

The first chapter of Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps is Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist, and it will be released on October 23. As you play the base game, you’ll realize that Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, is back in town and she’s leaving clues around town to toy with Spider-Man. In Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist, she finally reveals herself. Featuring new missions and challenges, as well as a brand new faction of enemies and three additional suits to unlock, you won’t want to miss it.

In addition, we’re also excited to share the full release calendar for the second and third installments of the Marvel’s Spider-Man: City That Never Sleeps:

• October 23: Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist

• November 2018: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Turf Wars

• December 2018: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining

I’m as excited as everyone else for Spider-Man, but this does concern me quite a bit. I know that DLC is standard practice in the industry, but to have DLC so soon after release, and to be drip feeding it in this way...it screams of exactly why so many gamers aren’t fans of DLC. Telling us a week prior to release about their DLC plans, especially that it will be teased in the main game, seems like a slap in the face to me.

I think that they (read: probably Marvel, or whoever is ultimately in charge of this game) could have handled this so much better. Look, I understand that they’re just doing their fiduciary duty to their corporate overlords, but it’s almost like they don’t get that we really don’t want to be told this stuff before a game is released. Just let us enjoy the game and not feel like we might as well wait for the GOTY version, which will inevitably drop this December. 

I mean, let’s imagine that they didn’t tell us about those hints in the main game, and vaguely told the public that “we have plans for DLC”. Over a month after release, on October 16th (a Tuesday, giving people a chance to talk about it with their game-loving friends at work during the week and game-loving family during the weekend), you drop a 30 second teaser, which at best hints about what might happen, and let’s us know that they’re going through with the seed that they planted in the main game with Black Cat. Of course, it ends with “releasing next Tuesday, only on PlayStation” and you show the date - October 23rd - that the DLC will drop. Rampant speculation ensues, and everyone is way more interested than if you just randomly let this slide a week before the main game released, because it doesn’t seem like you’re just trying to milk us for all that we’re worth. Heck, end each piece of DLC with a breadcrumb large enough to keep people speculating and you’re golden.

But this is undoubtedly just a mess, and now, as a consumer, I’m worried about what else they’ll go out of their way to overtly hint at in the main game just to have it show up in DLC. And statements like these certainly don’t help:

Real confidence booster. ::shrug:

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I was reading about this yesterday and it certainly does sour me on the game a little. I usually don't bother with DLC when it's handled like this as I feel it's a slap to the consumers face. When stuff like this is announced before a game has launched, and the first content drops so soon after launch, you can't help but feel that the DLC was cut from the main game, despite what the developers and publishers may tell you. 

I've gotta pin this on Marvel. Insomniac haven't done DLC like this in any of their other games that they've made for Sony and in recent years Sony's own studios have released Uncharted 4, God of War, Infamous and Horizon, all without this kind of DLC attached to it. The way Horizon Zero Dawn handled DLC was perfect and if more developers/publishers want to add to their game after release then that should be the model to follow. 

Sign in to follow this