NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Spider-Man (PS4)

I hope there are lots of things to unlock. I want to earn lots of costumes not just get them from microtransactions and pre-order bonuses. Spidey is exactly the kind of theme that'll drive me to unlock every costume and bonus etc.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

I hope there are lots of things to unlock. I want to earn lots of costumes not just get them from microtransactions and pre-order bonuses. Spidey is exactly the kind of theme that'll drive me to unlock every costume and bonus etc.

Insomniac have said that the game won’t have any microtransactions, and that the suits available as a pre-order bonus can be unlocked without pre-ordering the game — it just gives those who pre-ordered access to those suits from the beginning, should they want to use them.

And, about the number of suits, this is from Game Informer’s interview with Insomniac:

“We want players to be the Spider-Man they want to be,” Intihar says. When walking us through the suits, Intihar showed us an image with 24 indiscernible silhouettes representing different potential unlockable suits, but he cut me off when I wrote down the number 24. “That’s not the right count so don’t worry about that,” Intihar says, “There are a lot of them.” The suits will be inspired by the comics, the movies, and some have been made exclusively for the game.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Well, I haven't played a Spider-Man game since The Amazing Spider-Man Vs The Kingpin on the Sega Mega-CD, I haven't watched a Spider-Man film since the original modern Spider-Man 2, I've never really properly read any of the comics since... a while ago; and I'm actually considering buying this game.

Maybe not on release, but at some point, if it turns out to be the 9/10 excellent Spider-Man game that I think it will be. :D

On 11/04/2018 at 12:29 PM, S.C.G said:

Well, I haven't played a Spider-Man game since The Amazing Spider-Man Vs The Kingpin on the Sega Mega-CD, I haven't watched a Spider-Man film since the original modern Spider-Man 2, I've never really properly read any of the comics since... a while ago; and I'm actually considering buying this game.

Maybe not on release, but at some point, if it turns out to be the 9/10 excellent Spider-Man game that I think it will be. :D

It's good that you stopped with the movies there :p If you want to catch up, skip the rest and watch Captain America: Civil War and then Spider-Man: Homecoming.

And if you want to scour any retro (ish) games to keep you going til this comes out, Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man on the Gamecube and PS2 were great fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Shorty said:

It's good that you stopped with the movies there :p If you want to catch up, skip the rest and watch Captain America: Civil War and then Spider-Man: Homecoming.

And if you want to scour any retro (ish) games to keep you going til this comes out, Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man on the Gamecube and PS2 were great fun.

I’m seriously thinking about getting out my PS2 to play through Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro and Spider-Man 2 over the summer. Way too many memories, and I’m really keen to make some more with this game. 

On a completely different topic, the second of the three pre-order bonus suits has been (unsurprisingly) revealed to be the Iron Spider suit as it will be seen in Avengers: Infinity War.

hxfc68u95jr01.jpg

There seem to be speculations that Marvel is planning to do a Marvel game universe. I hear the Sanctum Sanctorum is actually in the game. The excecutive director wouldn't confirm, but also not deny, the game having links with the Square Enix games..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/spider-man-ps4-start-marvel-gaming-universe-bill-rosemann-talks/

Could be cool if true. They have a larger pool (pretty sure they can use whatever they want?) of characters, and being games, they have less limitations.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

There seem to be speculations that Marvel is planning to do a Marvel game universe. I hear the Sanctum Sanctorum is actually in the game. The excecutive director wouldn't confirm, but also not deny, the game having links with the Square Enix games..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/spider-man-ps4-start-marvel-gaming-universe-bill-rosemann-talks/

Could be cool if true. They have a larger pool (pretty sure they can use whatever they want?) of characters, and being games, they have less limitations.

I think it’s a cool idea, and it certainly makes sense. If I recall correctly, the Avengers Tower and a Wakandan Embassy are also present in Spider-Man’s New York, so they’re certainly teasing. 

I wonder how something like that would work, though. From a gameplay perspective, if this is the best Spider-Man has ever felt to handle in a game - which seems increasingly likely - I’d want him to feel that way in the S-E’s Avengers, and I’d want the same for other characters (I don’t care much for Anthem because of EA’s involvement, but it does make me hungry for an Iron Man game). And then it becomes an issue of tone, camera perspective, etc., carrying over, which seems a fairly difficult undertaking in the video game space, but certainly isn’t impossible. We’re supposed to be hearing more about it this year, so perhaps E3’s the time?

Surely it would be a nightmare to have other controllable characters in the same game.

Sure, have interlinking stories and locations, but can you imagine how hard developing the physics system to have Spidey swing about would be, and then you try and put in a flying iron man, or a jumping hulk, whose physics systems will have been developed by a different studio from the ground up? I don't see how it would work.

A gaming universe doesn't mean you have to play as all of those characters though.  It could just be that the stories interconnect and the characters pop up in the others, or you end up with more 'basic' characters that you control (rather than those that are flying, swinging and twirling towards freedom).

A gaming universe doesn't mean you have to play as all of those characters though.  It could just be that the stories interconnect and the characters pop up in the others, or you end up with more 'basic' characters that you control (rather than those that are flying, swinging and twirling towards freedom).
Yeah, I wasn't sure how it would work since it's never been done before.

Linked stories would be pretty cool, though.

Looks like we'll be seeing more of this game at E3. It's exactly 3 months until launch.

I have high hopes for this game. There hasn't really been a good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 and even that had it's problems. But Insomniac are good developers and everything I've seen suggests that they know what they're doing.

I only really started playing on PS4 last year and it isn't even my own copy but this would be the first of a few games coming to the console that I would be interested in getting this year.

On 12/06/2018 at 3:25 AM, drahkon said:

Love it. 

Green Goblin at the end, riiiiiiiiiight?

EDIT: or Venom? Or Doctor Octopus? Actually, I think it probably is Doctor Octopus. There’s definitely a mechanical noise, and I suppose the reveal of Otto Octavius as Doc Ock would be just as surprising for Peter as a Norman/Green Goblin reveal would be?

Edited by Julius Caesar

It’s going to be a long three months... :( 

Thinking of finally finding myself a copy of Spider-Man 2 (played it around a friend’s house as a child, but never got a chance to own it myself) and playing through that and Activision’s PS1 Spider-Man games through the summer :D 

On 04/07/2018 at 4:33 PM, Shorty said:

Why isn't this game just out now :angry: stupid future

Cos they are polishing the game atm. Only way to get it now is freeze yourself or build a time machine out of a delorean.  

Sign in to follow this