NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Stardew Valley coming to Wii U this year

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-coming-to-consoles-q4-2016/

Hi everyone!

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that console ports were in the works, but I couldn’t give you any more details at the time.

So today, I’m pleased to officially announce that Stardew Valley is coming to the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Wii U!

With the help of Chucklefish and Sickhead Games, I’m expecting to have these versions ready in time for the winter holidays!

It’s very important to me that playing Stardew Valley with console controllers is intuitive and effortless. I’ll be the first to admit that the current, rudimentary controller support in the PC version is far from ideal, and it will need to be adjusted prior to the launch.

I’m also excited about the possibility of utilizing special console features like the Wii U’s second screen

Chuffed to bits with this. I've heard great things about it and the Wii U seems like a perfect fit, providing they optimise the GamePad usage.

Never heard of this game.

Anyone wanna explain what it is?

You Nintendo fans wouldnt be able to understand it

Never heard of this game.

Anyone wanna explain what it is?

sorry yeah. Its a lot like Harvest Moon with a lot more added to it. Giantbomb did a decent Quick Look on the game when it came out:

Edited by Helmsly

You Nintendo fans wouldnt be able to understand it

I really hope that's a joke...

Fucking amazing. Harvest Moon dudes have been smoking crack or something the past 15 years so it's about time another great farming sim came to console.

Ah, it's a farming simulator?

Not for me then, those kind of games put me to sleep. But the presentation is very charming.

Ah, it's a farming simulator?

Not for me then, those kind of games put me to sleep. But the presentation is very charming.

It's a combination of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.

There's also a cave that you have to fight your way through, which lets you get materials to upgrade your tools.

It's a combination of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing.

There's also a cave that you have to fight your way through, which lets you get materials to upgrade your tools.

Don't worry, I noticed that in the trailer.

Still doesn't interest me.

Old news but I thought I'd post it in this thread in case anyone didn't see it in the Switch thread last week:

Stardew Valley will not be coming to the Wii U, however. Looking at Wii U and the current gaming landscape, we made the difficult choice to shift our development efforts to creating a version for Nintendo Switch. I am really looking forward to the Switch, and I believe that the Switch’s unique capabilities could create some exciting opportunities for Stardew Valley. I do want to emphasize that I am absolutely committed to seeing Stardew Valley on Nintendo platforms, and I really do appreciate your support and understanding in this.

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-console-release-dates/

Sign in to follow this