NEurope
Goafer

MadDog Marathon [£1750+ raised!!]

Nice.

I was just saying to flameboy that I think I'll have to come back to doing the 24 hours again next year. I figured after struggling last year I was done with it but I didn't like being on this side of it all, just watching!

Yeah, this was the first time I've taken part and it was an awesome experience despite the tiredness, especially in a place such as the Arcade Club. Would be well up for doing something for a good cause next year. Thanks again to everyone in this wonderful community for supporting us and helping us smash our target 3 times over. :yay:

I know I don't really visit the forum anymore due to life n stuff...

But thanks for the support and donations members have given for a great cause. Cheers for all the organisational support Ashley and Goafer did leading up and during the event.

My play list -

1200 - Forza Horizon 3

1700 - Gears of War 4

1800 - sonic 1

1840 - Sonic 2

1930 - s3 and sonic and knuckles

2255 - sonic cd

0010 -* sonic 4 episode 1

0245 - sonic 4 episode 2

0600 - forza horizon 3

0730 - occulus demos

0830 - 'mount ur friends'

0930 - cloudberry Kingdom co-op

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who donated, watched the stream or supported us in any way. It's been unreal.

The generosity of Andy, Gaynor and the whole arcade club team has been phenomenal. Even after the event, I still have a hard time believing it. Everything we could have wanted was supplied to us. TVs, consoles, facilities, advice everything. Utterly unbelievable levels of generosity. And the sense of community from the staff and customers was incredible. It sounds a bit tacky, but there was a genuine love for the place coming from everyone. Everyone spoke with a fondness for all the machines and the venue, which fed into our event nicely. After having some non-gamers literally laugh in my face when I told them what we were doing, it was a welcome change.

And the generosity from our donors was also staggering. When I set the target at £500, I worried I was being too optimistic. When we beat it, I was relieved and hoped we could maybe get to £1,000. Once we'd broke that, I was amazed and although I thought it would be incredible to get £1,500, I didn't think for a second that we would. But the donations kept coming (and still are) and I am genuinely amazed by it.

I really can't thank everyone enough for everything. Please, if you are ever in the area, call in at Arcade Club. I guarantee you'll find it hard to meet a better bunch of people.

Double post

Fuck, knew I forgot something. I also want to say a huge thanks to Adam (@flameboy). He was the one that organised the first Extra Life, so without him, none of this would have happened. I've always seen Extra Life (and by extension, the MadDog Marathon) as his project and we just keep it going (in this country) in his absence.

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

I tuned in at regular points, along with @Eenuh and just think that all of you guys are amazing for doing this. Things like this are why I keep coming back; the sense of community here is amazing. Well done, everyone. :)

Arcade Club looks utterly sublime! :o We watched the video on his website and were blown away. Desperate to go there now!

Arcade Club looks utterly sublime! :o We watched the video on his website and were blown away. Desperate to go there now!

@Goafer has suggested he might look at seeing if their is interest in having a meet there sometime?

It's well worth the trip for anyone that loved arcade games back in the day! Because of the free play aspect of the machines I have been able to complete games I had never done (time crisis, silent scope etc).

IMG-20161112-WA0008_zpsnaxijfhy.jpg

The team, after 24 hours...

@flameboy has finished the Canadian stream, bringing an end to the 48 hours of MadDog Marathon.

Thanks to everyone's support we have raised £1622 so far, which is just amazing. You can still donate and buy merchandise (at least 25% goes to Teenage Cancer Trust) and hopefully we can raise even more.

Once again thank you to all involved and all of you that have supported us. It has shown a wonderful sense of community that I am immensely proud of.

image.jpg

It was an absolute pleasure to tune into this during your wee hours. Well done guys; I'm super proud to be vaguely associated everybody involved. That donation total is amazing

I want to tell you all good luck, we're all counting on you.

Time lapse of the whole UK event is now up:

Edited by Goafer

@flameboy has finished the Canadian stream, bringing an end to the 48 hours of MadDog Marathon.

Thanks to everyone's support we have raised £1622 so far, which is just amazing. You can still donate and buy merchandise (at least 25% goes to Teenage Cancer Trust) and hopefully we can raise even more.

Once again thank you to all involved and all of you that have supported us. It has shown a wonderful sense of community that I am immensely proud of.

image.jpg

I'm alive! Just wanted to throw in my thanks as well, was great to bring it home for the team! The Mario Kart Tournament was great to be a part of. Our total now sits at £1642 thanks to another few donations trickling in after the event I'm gonna put it out there....if we hit £1750 I'll do a special thank you weekend stream where I'll take requests or something.

Massive round of applause to everyone involved. It was fun hanging out in the chat room. Looking forward to getting my mug and remembering every time I use it what it was part of :)

£5k next year yeah?? :D

Edited by Shorty

Mount Your Friends highlight. My personal favourite quote "He is literally going from penis to penis"

Edited by Goafer

Well the donations have still been coming in thick and fast and the wonderful guy who made our donation tracker @Proddy3 over on twitter nudged us over the 1750 mark. In celebration of this wonderful achievement I'd like to spend a weekend together online streaming having some fun and hopefully raising one last round of money in memory of MadDog.

To help decide when to host this online event I'd like to try and see when people are available so we can have the most people around possible. Please go to this link here;

http://doodle.com/poll/8yh34bnm4ery4ryh

and indicate the weekends you'd be free to be involved. I'm looking for people who could stream during the weekend as part of the 24 hours, even if its just steaming for one hour from your PS4 or Xbox we'd love you to take part. If you can't stream let us know what days you'd be around to join us in twitch for requests and games.

Ok it's official a second round of 24 hours will be coming up this weekend, due to some constraints it won't be 24 hours straight but will instead focus on being a celebration, current plans are;

Friday December 2nd 8.30pm GMT - 10pm GMT

Me solo playing some backlog games.

Saturday December 3rd 1.30pm GMT - 1.30am GMT

@Nintenchris and myself will be playing Mario Marker (I've made more levels for him) and then perhaps some other multiplayer games with the community if anyone is around?

Sunday December 4th Catch Up Time

Anything goes!

Who is able to join us?

Edited by flameboy

Will be updates on this thread of what was played, don't forget twitch.tv/flameboy84 if you want to join us.

Friday December 2nd

Date at the Park

Hatoful Boyfriend

Binding of Isaac

Downwell

Saturday December 3rd 1.30pmish GMT - 1.30am GMT

Binding of Isaac

Hitman

Superhot

FIFA

Pro Evo

Atari Classics

Rocket League

Mario Maker

@Nintenchris and myself will be playing Mario Marker (I've made more levels for him) and then perhaps some other multiplayer games with the community if anyone is around?

Sunday December 4th Catch Up Time

MARIO MAKER IS ON NOW!!!

Edited by flameboy

I got a newsletter (and a nice Christmas card) from TCT London the other day and we were featured in their special thanks section :)

We'll need to close off the donations soon to actually give TCT the money, so if anyone has been intending to donate but not got round to it, make sure you do it soon. We are currently at 1790...just saying.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/maddogmarathon

Reminds me that during the event @Rummy donated some money to round it up and then someone else donated some more to get it to a weird number again.

Maybe it was you... #thinkingemoji

No, it was definitely Marcamillian. I half expected him to do it and baited it, but it still annoyed me when he put it a penny or something over :p Didn't realise I'd witness it live!

I was thinking, since people have been hankering for a northern meet, should we have a meet at Arcade Club some time in the new year once Christmas is out of the way? There's plenty of hotels nearby, so could always do AC then pub/hotel bants?