NEurope
Goafer

MadDog Marathon [£1750+ raised!!]

Sorry I couldn't make it there to help out guys but good luck to you all! Will try to tune in at some point if I can!

OK so a little later than planned but here we go!

:D

sl0m0n.jpg

The game line-up, NES mini up and running, the stream running...

...on the Wii U gamepad no less - don't fail me now! - and a cup of tea in a lovely MadDog Marathon mug!

Super Mario Bros. 3 (chosen by @Glen\-i) followed by Ghosts 'N Goblins (chosen by @Ugh first aid) with Castlevania after that and hopefully a Justin Bailey run of Metroid.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

https://www.twitch.tv/maddogmarathon

And with that, Let's-a-go! :)

Edited by S.C.G

We're over three hours in. Numerous tech problems but we appreciate people sticking with us!

Did a live tour on Facebook on the maddogmarathon page but then it said it couldn't upload the video even though I did it on Facebook... Going to try again on the N-Europe one and will try and record one for YouTube too.

Thanks for all your amazing donations so far. We're at £850 now and we're keen to get over £1000. The UK stream still has just under 21 hours, at which point its over to Canada for 24 hours so plenty more time to donate!

Good on you guys for arranging all of this! :) I'm proud of you! <3 I donated earlier and just ordered a t-shirt with Goafer's brilliant design. :) (Oh, and I spent all of my daily thanks in this thread. :heh:)

What are the tech issues btw?

I don't know how to do anything :heh:

The game capture thing didn't want to work with the PS4, then we couldn't get it to pick up a Twitch stream, nor could we get it to pick up a Chrome browser window, then when we tried to switch to the Xbox One it took about half an hour to get both audio and video.

We've just reached the 1/3rd point and we're just over £900 online and more coming in through the club. Thanks to those that have donated and helped spread the word.

You'll smash £1000, the next checkpoint is £1500!

What are the tech issues btw?

1500 would be incredible! I definitely think we will smash 1000 looking forward to waking back up in the morning for our stream to see where we are at.

We're over the half way point of the UK stream (and thus 1/4 of the way through all of them) and on £1,122.

Thanks to all the people that have donated so far. You're all wonderful human beings.

OK, again a little later than planned but here we go for Day 2!

:D

312ybg4.jpg

The game line-up with Sonic, Sega 3D Classics Collection with Sonic...

...Cup of tea in official mug on standbyand as I'm playing on the small screen I'm now watching on the big screen.

So that's Sonic along with Sonic 2, then just going for as long as possible on Puyo Puyo 2.

I'm keeping it simple today because although I did manage a complete run of SMB3 yesterday, it did take me a while. :blush:

I'll post some pics after the event but in the time it took me to complete one game, there were loads finished in the live stream so the rest of the games I planned were very brief. :red:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Anyway, everyone at the Arcade Club did really well I thought, especially raising over £1,400 by the time the stream finished. :)

The next stream has been live for just over an hour now but still just under 23 hours to go so come join us if you can. :D

https://www.twitch.tv/flameboy84

And with that, GottaGoFast! :smile:

We're all blown away with what we've raised so far. Thank you to everyone that helped organise it, to flameboy for doing the Canadian stream and his tech support (and sorry I'm too tired to be as active with yours as you have been with ours) and of course everyone that has donated and raised awareness. We were blown away when we reached £1000 and amazed that we've nearly hit £1500. It's been a long and at times exhausting 24 hours but it's been a great experience. Thank you to those as well that tuned in, particularly during our tech issues and also whoever heard my incoherent rambling commentary during Mount Your Friends this morning. I was just trying to keep us all awake but it probably was nonsense!

Arcade Club has been a wonderful host whose generosity knows no bounds. What they do for the video game industry is fantastic and their kind and accommodating nature made the whole thing much better and simply being that visible helped us raise several hundred more so we can't thank them enough.

Thank you to Goafer for his help in organising, putting up with my frequent stress and panic and for driving us up and doing all the graphic design. To flameboy for his aforementioned tech support, his stream and the competitions he has set up. To Mike1988UK and The Peeps for slogging it out with us and Nicktendo coming to support for the 24 hours. Thank you to SCG for doing his own thing too.

Now I'm just hoping the next four hours hurries along so I'll be back in London.

Was a lot of fun watching the stream, kept me going through work yesterday afternoon and the early hours of this morning. Watching cricket with Banjo Kazooie in the background makes it a lot more fun!

I think you also convinced several people that they need to buy Cloudberry Kingdom! It was addictive to watch despite it looking very frustrating and very unfair at times to play!

You should all be very proud of yourselves for raising so much money for a great cause, in memory of a great guy who is sorely missed around here. Gutted I couldn't join you because of work, but it looked like you were having our great time and I hope all the conversation in the chat helped keep you going!

Once again, a massive well done :D

Don't forget we will haven't finished guys we have 18 hours left over at twitch.tv/flameboy84 we have a bunch of giveaways going all day and our Mario Kart Tournament at 8pm. We are just £47 off raising £1500!!!!

Just made a small donation. Want to say how proud I am of everyone involved with the event, I haven't had the chance to catch any of it unfortunately but I can see it's been a huge success. It's great to see this website has so much love for its community. We lost a top guy in MadDog I'm sure he'd have been overwhelmed by all of this.

Well done N-E.

Did many members of the public end up coming along and watching?

The club was crazy busy last night, lots of people stopping by and chatting / watching us play. The raffle was a big success and I think we made well over £100 in raffle tickets and club donations from the public alone.

Nice.

I was just saying to flameboy that I think I'll have to come back to doing the 24 hours again next year. I figured after struggling last year I was done with it but I didn't like being on this side of it all, just watching!