NEurope
killthenet

Euro 2016

Hodgson apparently making 6 changes for England's game against Slovakia this evening.

If that's the case then I can see why given Vardy and Sturridge have been better in 45 minutes than Kane and Sterling were in 135. At the same time I would rather we win the group and avoid having to play a group winner in the knockout rounds so hopefully the team isn't disturbed too much. Wales have an easier final game than England imo.

This Russia side aren't great. Wales are already 1-0 up, as I had put them down in my prediction, but I can honestly see them winning this 2-0 or 3-0 now.

England will beat Slovakia. I'm sure of it. 2-0, I reckon.

This Russia side aren't great. Wales are already 1-0 up, as I had put them down in my prediction, but I can honestly see them winning this 2-0 or 3-0 now.

I had put them down with 2-0 but there's no way they won't score at least another goal :(

England will beat Slovakia. I'm sure of it. 2-0, I reckon.

2:1 for England was my prediction. Slovakia won't score, they are way too harmless.

England keeps on missing...COME ON :D

I had put them down with 2-0 but there's no way they won't score at least another goal :(

2:1 for England was my prediction. Slovakia won't score, they are way too harmless.

England keeps on missing...COME ON :D

This is one of the best games I've ever seen Wales play. Should be 5 or 6 up, easily. Ramsey and Bale have just walked through them so easily. They've shown how to play great football using an unconventional system with the wing-backs.

England just can't finish. They really should have scored by now.

That was hugely disappointing.

I know that they lost against England in the last game, but Wales played so much better than England against both Slovakia and Russia. They hit them with pace and width, which England just aren't doing. It's all too slow and pedestrian.

At least Jack Wilshere got his cardio done for today. Has he reached his game-time quota for the year yet?

Well, at least we didn't finish in 3rd I guess. Still, the only team we managed to beat finished ahead of us...

The round of 16 will be interesting if the so called top teams continue to play like this...

We don't seem to be able to score... I know lets bring on the striker who started the previous two games and played shit in both. I'm sure this time he'll be good...

Wilshere was pretty dross.

We should have tried to build momentum from the Wales game which could've then been taken into the last 16, instead Roy makes six changes.

Roy Hodgson doesn't have a clue. We've played three games without a single bloody winger. Absolutely zero pace or urgency to break quickly. And then pumping balls into the box when we don't have a target man.

Why start Vardy if you aren't going to give him something to run onto?

Bizarre tactics again from Hodgson. Slovakia did defend well, but England were too impatient at times and too slow at others.

Really happy for Wales, they looked all over Russia from the start and fully deserved their win. If the groups play out as planned then Wales could face Belgium in the Quarter Finals, whereas England look likely to play France if they manage to get that far but if results go the right way England could face Portugal next Monday. Granted Portugal don't look too good so far, but they're a real bogey team for England and I'd really worry about their prospects if that ended up being the fixture.

In all 3 games teams have sat back against us. I'm with Ian Wright on this one, when teams start to attack and leave some space we'll be much better. We had so many chances tonight and this was by far the best we played, just a matter of time a patience and it will all come together.

@Ramar is absolutely right. We're missing stuff coming down the wing.

Clyne was great in the first half but the second half we weren't creating any clear cut chances. Too slow, no cutting edge.

Only positive is our next game isn't when I'm at Glastonbury, but next Monday instead.

God when is everyone gonna stop banging on about 'possession' and 'dominating games' when we do flap all with it!

Hendo in the last 10 seconds summed up the whole second half, last chance to lump the ball in the box; hey let's pass it backwards! :angry:

Obviously I'm bias but I really feel we could have used someone like Townsend today.

Bloody England, if only they won that game I could have watched the R16/QF games. As it is now I'll be in work for both - if we even get that far. I'm off for the semi finals at least, so it looks like no more England games for me this year.

Roy Hodgson doesn't have a clue. We've played three games without a single bloody winger. Absolutely zero pace or urgency to break quickly. And then pumping balls into the box when we don't have a target man.

Why start Vardy if you aren't going to give him something to run onto?

THIS.

I have no idea what Roy is thinking in terms of the wings. I was watching the players last night and I haven't a clue of who is supposed to be where and I think the players feel the same. There were so many times where our lads were all clumped together, none one was giving anyone an outlet.

God when is everyone gonna stop banging on about 'possession' and 'dominating games' when we do flap all with it!

THIS.

Yup. I was sick of the commentators saying how we are dominating games. If we can't put it in the back of the net then it means sod all.

Obviously I'm bias but I really feel we could have used someone like Townsend today.

THIS.

It's absolutely baffling that Townsend didn't get taken. Roy was clearly planning on relying on Sterling, which was ludicrous given the form he was in this season.

Some of our passing has been awful. Simply awful. At this level we should be at least getting the ball near the guy but most of the time it was over hit. Also, Alli needs to stop taking pot shots outside of the box. You ain't that good, pal.

If England had beat Slovakia, as they should have, we'd have been through by now! It's gonna be an anxious wait to see if our 3 points and goal difference of 0 is going to be enough.. but I'm hopeful :yay:

Michael McGovern was awesome :hehe:

To make this competition fair, Spain should only be allowed to score from headers and volleys inside the box.

I admit I was against bringing Townsend, now I'm thinking he should have been given a chance.

With Turkey currently winning 0-2, i believe that result would send N Ireland through? That's pretty good.

Man, that bottom half of the draw is stacked. Germany, Italy, Spain, England and France fighting for a place in the final, with Wales, Croatia, Poland and Switzerland in the other half of the draw. Belgium and Hungary likely to progress to that half of the draw too, incredible that one of those 6 teams is set for a place in the final.

Looks like it's all set up for Wales v England in the final.

Man, that bottom half of the draw is stacked. Germany, Italy, Spain, England and France fighting for a place in the final, with Wales, Croatia, Poland and Switzerland in the other half of the draw. Belgium and Hungary likely to progress to that half of the draw too, incredible that one of those 6 teams is set for a place in the final.

Looks like it's all set up for Wales v England in the final.

No chance, the German's will do us in the semis again. 20 years on we shall relive the hurt. ;_;