NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Injustice 2

...950 megs.

That's a lot of megs!

d8fb8d2977fae3f61f54c0f0d3f736d8.jpg

This is a really good looking game. I was watching the cutscenes through again yesterday from the first one and its a much bigger jump than I realised.

I wasn't sure about Injustice 2's story compared to the first one but it really starts to pick up in the second half!

EDIT: Completed it. Really good! Probably going to have to go read the comics now though!

Edited by Happenstance

Snapped this up on Saturday and put a bit of time into it. I think i'm on chapter 7 of the story mode, which has been great. The graphics/animations are amazing! Apparently the game looks even better on the Pro. :o

Out of the characters I have used I think Black Canary has been the most fun. She's quite fast and has some pretty cool combos. Firestorm has been the worst.

Some of the special moves are great to watch. The move The Flash pulls off got a good laugh out of me. :D

Really good! Probably going to have to go read the comics now though!

As I mentioned, I really like the story in both of these games. Do you know if the TPBs worth are picking up?

As I mentioned, I really like the story in both of these games. Do you know if the TPBs worth are picking up?

The trades for the first game were good so I'd recommend getting the first one at least. If you are ok with digital comics then they are currently on sale at Comixology but the sale ends today so you'll have to be quick

https://www.comixology.co.uk/comics-sale?list_id=17015〈=

The trades for the first game were good so I'd recommend getting the first one at least. If you are ok with digital comics then they are currently on sale at Comixology but the sale ends today so you'll have to be quick

https://www.comixology.co.uk/comics-sale?list_id=17015〈=

Thanks for the link but I like my goods in physical form. :D I'll have a gander over on Amazon and see how much they are going for at the moment.

Thanks for the link but I like my goods in physical form. :D I'll have a gander over on Amazon and see how much they are going for at the moment.

Yeah I was like that but I just completely ran out of room with all the trades I had collected over the years. Finally just had to switch over to digital. Got it all stored on my Surface Pro 4 now which thanks to the size and screen quality is basically the perfect comic viewer.

I...really enjoy playing as Darkseid.

Darkseid, Black Canary and Flash are my current go-to characters.

Completed the main story. It's fun. I found Brainiac cheap, though.

I'm disappointed by the lack of levels. I swear the first game had more, or at leas they felt more varied.

Now that you guys have completed the story mode, I ask again:

Do you know if the story mode just continues the story from the first game or if you have to have followed the comics to get something from it? I don't have any console to play this on but really enjoyed the first one so might watch the story mode on Youtube once it's there at some point. But I haven't started reading the comics (I have the first two complete volumes) so I don't want anything spoiled.

:)

Now that you guys have completed the story mode, I ask again:

I haven't finished the story yet but the game does follow on from the events of the first game.

I put a bit more time into this last night. I sidelined the story for a bit and decided to give the online modes a try. I had a fair few games against others online and was happy to find there was no lag and the game ran super smooth.

I also gave the AI battles a go. This is quite a neat feature and was surprised just how well it worked. I set up my team, let them loose and racked up some exp, loot and wins. This was great as I just had to press X once in a while, in the man time I was sat playing on my Switch. :D

There is only one plot point/character that I had to look up which apparently came from the comics

I had to look up who this version of the Green Arrow in Injustice 2 was as that worlds version was killed in the first game's comics. He casually mentions in the game that he's from another Earth but you get no explanation other than that. He's not the character from the first game you can play either.

Turns out Doctor Fate took Black Canary to another Earth after Ollie died in the Injustice universe and in that universe she had died so they just hooked back up (weird) and had a son

Easy Allies

Review

Looks good, I'm interested. :)

Not at full price though. :hmm:

And not at launch. :p

*waits for GOTY edition*

: peace:

I finished the story last night. Loved it. It felt like a DC version of Civil War. Man, Wonder Woman is a nasty piece of work in this. Superman ain't much better, either.

I see there are alternate fights and a different ending to be unlocked. I'll have a crack at that this evening, methinks.

I love the spectator mode. I was after a KOTH trophy and joined a lobby. I then put myself as AFK and I could just sit and watch who was trying to defeat the king. The guy who was the king was an amazing Black Canary player. I sat watching him demolish all challengers, while eating my tea. It made for some entertaining viewing. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I finished the story last night. Loved it. It felt like a DC version of Civil War. Man, Wonder Woman is a nasty piece of work in this. Superman ain't much better, either.

Wonder Woman is so unlike her comic counterpart. She is a complete nutcase. Lady Macbeth through and through.

I really like how they wrote her in both games though. Same with Superman as well, you can really see how they used to be the characters we knew but with just a few pushes in the right direction sending them down these new paths.

I think she's awfully written. Especially if you read the comics, she's just an incredibly vindictive, power-thirsty bitch. There's very little of the Wonder Woman that I know and love in there.

There are times in the Injustice comics (early on) when Superman would doubt that what he was doing was right, but she is always there to give him that little bit of encouragement to keep going.

Aquaman tries to reach out to Clark and Wonder Woman lies about it.

She breaks Huntress' neck in the comic with her noose lasso.

She shows no remorse for the execution of Lisa Snart either. Nor does she bat an eyelid at stabbing Harley.

In the first Injustice game the Wonder Woman from the 'normal' earth is disgusted by what Injustice Wonder Woman has done.

She's basically written like she is in John's Justice League run.

9d2b5ebd62d30a04ee16af9442733cf4.jpg

Which is awful.

Not to mention this exchange with Darkseid? Is she after the Anti-life equation?

Go to 16:09. Dumb shortcut isn't going to the correct place.

This Wonder Woman is off-the-scale nuts, written solely to make push Superman into the tyrant that there's basically no other way he'd become. Which is fine. It's an elseworld, but really not muh Wondy.

Edited by Daft

I finished the story mode again tonight, this time I went with Supermans ending. Things got pretty dark in that ending. I wonder which ending is canon? I prefer how the game ended when playing as Batman but that's because I was rooting for him. :p

Sign in to follow this