NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Watch Dogs 2

Well not surprisingly the uPlay servers are dying so people can't login to claim the game anyway.

Re: character voices, I think they wanted people to know the game takes place in London.

It looks interesting, a bit OTT goofy imo but still fun.

I gave up in the end. Managed to get into uPlay then their link to get Watch Dogs 2 free took you back to the website where you had to login again and of course I couldn't.

Been playing this for a while now that it's out on PS+ Super Bowl XLV Edition.

It's basically an improved Watch Dogs. Which is great, because the first one is a good game by itself.

Engaging missions stealthily is even better in this iteration and it plays beautifully. You can hack more things to create distractions or take down enemies, you can fly a drone to scout an area, you can bypass combat completely by using the remote-controlled small vehicle. The options are varied and a lot of fun.

Side-missions and activities are enjoyable and range from races (drones, cars, bikes, sailboats, eKart) to actual small stories. 

What surprises me the most was: no typical Ubisoft-towers. I don't mind them (I actually like them) but it was quite unexpected to see them gone.

A couple of things I don't like:

• the protagonist - he's (and yes, I'm gonna use that word because I'm a cool kid) cringe, just like the entire crew - never quite understood the criticism Aiden Pierce got in the first game; I enjoyed is story and his cold, revenge-driven ways
  • the writing is also cringe - not funny at all
  • driving is even worse - it feels sort of heavy and clunky sometimes there's a noticeable "lag" when taking corners; it's like a lag you experience in online games from time to time
    • driving a motorcycle, however, is awesome (just as in the first game) ::shrug: 

These are minor issues, though, as the great gameplay from Watch Dogs has been improved and gameplay is king.

Watch Dogs 2 is on its way to a 9/10. Let's see if it can reach it.

I remember enjoying the game a lot more than I did the original. Although I didn't care for the characters or story. I think the gameplay is much better in the second game but the narrative is better in the first.

I keep meaning to check out Legion  at some point. Lostmario had a cracking time with it and with it being usually around the £7-10 mark, there is really no excuse for me to not pick it up.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

20220927132629.jpg

On 9/23/2022 at 11:02 AM, drahkon said:

Watch Dogs 2 is on its way to a 9/10. Let's see if it can reach it.

It could :D 

Awesome game. Even though the characters/writing was atrocious, the game reached higher heights than its predecessor. Gameplay was amazing :) 

On 9/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I keep meaning to check out Legion  at some point.

I will definitely do the same eventually :peace: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1