NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Watch Dogs 2

I loved the first one and am very excited for this one. Will be picking it up first thing tomorrow.

I thought the first one was very bland.

The footage I've seen from 2 seems interesting though. I'll probably pick it up when it gets discounted a bit.

I got an order down, should be here tomorrow morning. It's strange, Shopto delivered Dishonored 2 a day early but the dispatch email for Watch Dogs 2 came today.

Liked the first one, never finished it, but that was due to the game just not being that stable on my system.

Totally skipping this one though, I can't stand the protagonist. I believe he's what people call a "fucking douchebag". And not just him, all the supporting characters as well. I don't want anything to do with those people.

Watch Dogs 2 arrived this morning, just awaiting my pre-order DLC code to come through from Shopto, then i'll begin.

Ubisoft announced a £30 season pass earlier this month, it's too bad much of the content they are offering is available via pre-ordered copies.

This looks great (and silly). San Francisco is a good choice for the game. :geek:

Apparently this is a pretty good game. I liked the first one and this is supposed to improve on it in every way.

I adored the first game and it's one of my favourite early-PS4 memories. For some reason, the trailer for the second one didn't connect with me. I loved the setting of Chicago and it had a sort of grimy/noir type of feeling to it. It wasn't the most colourful game, but that worked in its favour given the espionage type of feeling and atmosphere that it was trying to convey.

I loved that vibe. I didn't get that same sort of vibe from the second trailer and it almost doesn't feel like the same series. I'll wait and see.

There's apparently nudity in the game, just don't go sharing any screenshots as you might get banned from PSN: http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/14/13631156/sharing-watch-dogs-2-genitals-could-get-you-banned-ps4

Well that sounds like some shit. I don't see how it's fair for them to police what someone shares on twitter. I could see it making sense if perhaps after the share it appeared on his PSN account in some form. I'm not really sure how the sharing fully works.

I adored the first game and it's one of my favourite early-PS4 memories. For some reason, the trailer for the second one didn't connect with me. I loved the setting of Chicago and it had a sort of grimy/noir type of feeling to it. It wasn't the most colourful game, but that worked in its favour given the espionage type of feeling and atmosphere that it was trying to convey.

I loved that vibe. I didn't get that same sort of vibe from the second trailer and it almost doesn't feel like the same series. I'll wait and see.

I would say Silicon Valley is a perfect setting for this game.

Ok got this from Sainsburys. Was £40. Pretty good so far. I am early in the game but the setting is very good. Am enjoying the tech industry references. Even if some are dumbed down in an overly strong manner. Appropriate subject matter given the snooping stance governments are taking.

Do wanna get this. Avoided the first one as it looked boring. I see it sold considerably less first week than the 1st game in the UK so people clearly feel burnt from the first game.

Wait for the bomba sale now.

Do wanna get this. Avoided the first one as it looked boring. I see it sold considerably less first week than the 1st game in the UK so people clearly feel burnt from the first game.

Given how it hasn't sold as well as expected, I imagine it will be £20-25 in the January sales.

The game still has zero appeal to me. Stupid hipsters. :D

People are a bit wary of the 2nd, majorly hyped with the 1st and got burned a bit.

I for one am enjoying it, it's much better than the 1st in many ways. Being able to hack just about anything from traffic lights to cranes is interesting. Certainly makes some of the side-quests different.

Did randomly decide to taze an NPC for urinating on the side of Deadsec HQ.

I think the game is great too, but I haven't touched it since Thursday. One of my favourite things from the last game was being hacked and hacking others in their single player game. So I stopped playing waiting for the online to be turned on again. I'm guessing I have 2/3 of the main and side quests to do, plus a bunch of locations to scout and several cash and research location. Didn't want to be finished with the game by the time the online came back. Unfortunatly with FFXV coming in the next couple days I won't play this as much now anyway even if the online comes back. Too bad, I really was looking forward to this game and from what I've played so far it's really good.

I think the game is great too, but I haven't touched it since Thursday. One of my favourite things from the last game was being hacked and hacking others in their single player game. So I stopped playing waiting for the online to be turned on again. I'm guessing I have 2/3 of the main and side quests to do, plus a bunch of locations to scout and several cash and research location. Didn't want to be finished with the game by the time the online came back. Unfortunatly with FFXV coming in the next couple days I won't play this as much now anyway even if the online comes back. Too bad, I really was looking forward to this game and from what I've played so far it's really good.

Yeah, i feel i could be done pretty soon also. Done most of the side quests, and have a portion of the main story left to finish. Yet to even start the DLC pack yet, unless i have and not realised it.

Enjoying this. It apparently had a bigger than launch week possibly due to word of mouth. If you are in to the tech scene and silicon valley this game is a work of art lol

Started playing this while waiting for the enormous Overwatch update to download.

Really liking it, although I've only placed the opening level. I never played the first one, so I'm not sure how similar they are, but the first time you hack a camera, and then then realise that not only can you leap around the building by hacking further cameras, but can then hack stuff from afar whilst doing so was a bit of a mind blowing moment. Made me realise the potential of the game and I'm looking forward to playing around with those mechanics.

It felt very Assassins Creedy at the start, but as it progressed, I realised it's quite different in the way you play.

Really liking it, although I've only placed the opening level.

Where is it now?

/bobjoke

I adored the first game, and was really looking forward to this, but I ended up putting it down after a few hours. I'm just not having fun at all.

The stealth is a huge step backwards. The AI is ridiculously punishing to the point where I just end up going in all guns blazing which goes against the whole storyline or protagonist's style. No dynamic weather is a bummer, no gang hideouts is criminal, no slow motion Focus makes the gun play a lot less fun. Using environmental hacking to take down enemies used to be great but doing so here puts the entire building on red alert. I can go on and on. So gutted because I loved the original.

I adored the first game, and was really looking forward to this, but I ended up putting it down after a few hours. I'm just not having fun at all.

The stealth is a huge step backwards. The AI is ridiculously punishing to the point where I just end up going in all guns blazing which goes against the whole storyline or protagonist's style. No dynamic weather is a bummer, no gang hideouts is criminal, no slow motion Focus makes the gun play a lot less fun. Using environmental hacking to take down enemies used to be great but doing so here puts the entire building on red alert. I can go on and on. So gutted because I loved the original.

There's a free weekend available on this starting now until Monday I presume. Story mode, co op and online is all included.

So I finished the main story on this the other night. Quite enjoyed it overall. The story and missions were really good and well scripted, and the missions themselves were really fun. My favourite was when you had to break into the FBI building and download data. I managed to find a storage cupboard with RC vehicle access to the AC ventilation system. Drove my little car right into the server room, downloaded the data and walked out without anybody seeing me or having to knock anyone subconscious. Felt very 007. My one criticism was that the story missions went on for a couple of hours longer than I would have liked. Maybe it's because I don't get a lot of time to play games, but I was ready to end two or three missions from the actually end, but it just kept going!

The world they've managed to make was very fleshed out, I thought. I've not played GTAV, but I was impressed at how full the world seemed, with unique dialogue and loads to do.

I might go and finish off the few trophies I still have left to do, but Horizon is calling me, and I don't know how much more bullshit I can take regarding certain trophies. I spent about 30 following drunk people, waiting for them to throw up last night, and then spent another 30 driving around wrecking shit, but couldn't get my police rating above 4 stars...

EDIT: Nah, fuck that. Didn't realise there were so many multiplayer trophies and ones that relied on random events. I'll leave it.

Edited by 130131301364