NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Watch Dogs 2

I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed the first game (never got the Platinum, though, as I traded it in before a patch that made one near impossible trophy easier to get was released...:()

Looking forward to Watch Dogs 2. : peace:

Yeah, I really enjoyed this game and had a fantastic time with it. I'll be definitely interested in a follow-up and I hope that they can go a step further to make the game even better.

The online aspects were great. I loved the invasions and the online modes. It was really special, imo and it made the game stand apart to stuff like GTAV.

Unless it shows something really new then I expect this will be a game that I get in a Steam sale when its really cheap. I didn't hate the original but I just found it very bland.

Typical Ubisoft over-promising is how I felt about the first, it completely under delivered. Not fussed about this as a result.

Quite enjoyed the first game, so i'm certainly going to look into this.

Really enjoyed the first one too. Got the platinum on it twice. Looking forward to the sequel since I beat it the first time.

I think this series could work really well if it was set in the UK (or another non-American location). It doesn't depend on the American satire like GTA, and focusing less on guns would help the game (with more focus on using the environment).

Doing so would make it stand out a lot more, and I can see London becoming a "connected city" with the government spying on everyone and stuff (perhaps set it in an alternate reality where the UK leaves the EU).

IGN looks to have jumped the gun. 15th November release date and San Francisco seems to be the setting.

large.jpg

As indicated by the above image, a site banner over on IGN shows a release date of November 15th, 2016. It appears to have been uploaded a day early before the world reveal of Watch Dogs 2 on June 8th. Clicking the banner link directs the user right to Ubisoft's main website for the game where a countdown clock ticks down to the inevitable reveal trailer

As a web developer, I'm not sure how this stuff could ever leak "by accident", no with the way version control works these days. You don't slip and accidentally put something like that live.

I can't wait to see how this looks...

And then how UbiSoft downgrade it massively for the release.

Watch Dogs would make sense coming out this year, seeing as Ubi haven't got an Assassin's Creed game coming until next year. Still, will wait on the reveal trailer tomorrow (probably see more at E3)

Adored Watch Dogs, probably my favourite game I've played on PS4 so far. Can't wait for the sequel.

Why reveal things before E3 though!!! Such a shame, as if my hype around E3 could get any lower.

I found WatchDogs to be a little... bland compared to GTAV. I played WD before GTAV and it really felt like GTA-lite. Hopefully the sequel will improve on the hacking mechanic and have lots more to do.

I enjoyed the original game, which I got dirt cheap and had no hype for when I set down to play it. If this is good I'll definitely check it out, probably once it goes down a little in price. I try to avoid paying full price unless it's a really amazing game.

[tweet]740412510654898176[/tweet]

At first I was afraid ,I was petrified it was just another "youth rebellion boring shit".

Now I have hopes that this is an indication that the game/plot doesn't take itself too seriously which will in turn bring some wacky hackings with it.

Man, leaks be happening everywhere. :D

I managed to watch the trailer/teaser/TV spot before it got taken down. Not impressed. Music was awful, as well.

Not bad. I watched a video on Eurogamer which shows some gameplay, but it's not available anymore.

It actually looked really good (yeah, yeah, lame downgrade joke, blah, blah), both from a graphics/design and gameplay standpoint.

And the music is great @Hero\-of\-Time

It's N.E.R.D., they are good :p

Looks interesting enough, San Francisco as a setting sounds promising indeed. Main character i'm not too sure on at the moment, probably will grow on me as more is shown over the next few months.

Typical Ubisoft over-promising is how I felt about the first, it completely under delivered. Not fussed about this as a result.

Yeah I kinda felt that after release but I jumped on the bandwagon rather late on in its life so my expectations had gone down quite a bit by then - for what I did play(for a tenner, too) I quite enjoyed it but I did feel it was a bit too much in places(some aspects of repetitiveness) but I, to quote yourself, really can't be arsed with sticking it out these days. I haven't gamed much at all for a month or two now, I might look to go back to the first for a bit if I can remember how to play smoothly enough.

I'd possibly be interested in it from a multiplayer aspect if it has it, considering recently playing Payday 2 a fair few times with a crew of 4 of us online; working to do some of the stuff in a game like Watchdogs with mates could possibly be quite good.

However coming back to your own original point this wouldn't be something I adopt straight away necessarily - will wait for user reviews and general opinion then consider it.

Surprised there doesn't seem to be much buzz about this on here given it's out tomorrow. I'm really excited, loved the first one and from reviews so far it seems this one is better. The main point of contention is the online is broken atm (can't say I'm surprised) and there are some frame rate issues on PS4, the latter of which I'm really disappointed by, especially given how long the console has been out. I hope it's not a things to come with devs optimising their games for the PS4 Pro and putting out sub standard versions on the regular one.

Still, really excited. The protagonist seems far more likeable.

Thought the first one was alright. It came with my PS4 so played it mainly because of that. Felt like GTAV-lite to me. Will probably give this one a go when it drops in price.

The first one was poop (although there were a couple nice mechanics). I'm expecting this to be completely unremarkable.