NEurope
drahkon

Final Fantasy XII Remaster (PS4 - 2017)

Late to the party, but is definitively worth it. Looks fantastic, and the new job system, autosaves and 2x speed are great improvements.

8 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well, I've played the original when it was released years ago. I just wanted to know whether the remake is worth 30€, but H-o-T and S.C.G. had to be veeeeeery funny...:indeed::p

I was being serious. :D

It is certainly worth the money. I love the effort that S-E put into their remasters and then they do the customer a solid by not over charging for them. 

Are you gonna completely break the game and get the Seitengrat? I had no regrets picking 3 up and that was before the 100% method was found.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Are you gonna completely break the game and get the Seitengrat? I had no regrets picking 3 up and that was before the 100% method was found.

Not sure, to be honest. I like breaking RPGs but I also want to experience the game without breaking it again :D

@Hero-of-Time Do you know of any missable trophies?

Picking the game up later today (hopefully) and I'm ready to jump right in :D

Still undecided whether I'm going to break the game or not. Would have to look up how.

Edited by drahkon

There are no missable trophies.

Personally, I would get the Seitengrat after the main story. The main story is easy enough and the end/post game is pretty hard.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tales said:

There are no missable trophies.

I don't remember asking you... :p Just kidding. Thanks. That's good to know :)

Personally, I would get the Seitengrat after the main story. The main story is easy enough and the end/post game is pretty hard.

Will probably do that.

I don't remember much of the game. Played it way back when it was released in 2006. The remaster will probably take me back to the good old teenage years...oh I feel old now. :laughing:

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Get the OP weapon and break the game, Drahkon. Do it! :D

Nah :p

The game introduced the two-job-system just now. Since I want to use every job available I did some research. Going with:

• Vaan - Breaker/Hunter
  • Balthier - Samurai/Knight
  • Basch - Red Mage/Archer
  • Fran - Time Mage/Uhlan
  • Ashe - Black Mage/Monk
  • Penelo - White Mage Machinist

This isn't the optimal way to do things, but I always try to use every job or class that's available :peace:

I also used every job. Also wanted to be true to the lore, spesifically Fran as the archer and Balthier as the machinist.

Played this for 6 hours yesterday and today.

Reached the dungeon where you get your first Esper.

Completely forgot how tough it is to get a lot of Gil early game. If I remember correctly I'll be able to farm some Gil soon, though.

Made a lot of progress over weekend.

Started to finally do some Hunts and...the fights themselves are great but the fact that you have to accept the hunt at the notice board, travel to the person who posted the bill, then go to the monster's location and after the fight go back to that person is annoying. It's tedious.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Made a lot of progress over weekend.

Started to finally do some Hunts and...the fights themselves are great but the fact that you have to accept the hunt at the notice board, travel to the person who posted the bill, then go to the monster's location and after the fight go back to that person is annoying. It's tedious.

Yup. They should really found a way to streamline this when they made this remaster. Hunts where the weather has to be a certain way were also annoying/tedious.

• Like 1

Alternate title; Final Fantasy XII: An Exercise in Tedium. 

I got a Seitengrat. Initially I only found a brute force how to and it was basically "Spend hours zoning!" So I was amazed that anyone would get more than one. Further investigation yielded healing up with Reks and loading the autosave. I can get a chest 100% of the time now. I'm 1 for 3 on the timing of opening it though. Did it perfect the first time and fucked up the other two times.  

Well, FFXII is still one of my favourite entries in the series.

It was also partly my fault for making the hunts tedious as I haven't completed a single one until way into the storyline and then completing 17 in a row :laughing:

• Like 1

Haha, yeah they're best done as you go on with the main story. There's around 45 of them I think. I did a couple at a time during story to mix things up. I could imagine it's less fun if you go there overlevelled, beat it easily and you do the return trip straight away. If you intend do the 80 rare hunts as well, it's probably a good idea to do all in one area instead of having to keep returning.

Anyway, I agree, it's on of my favourite entries.

As for the Seitengrat, the reason why some people could get multiple in no time while others never got a single one is the way RNG works in the game. Basically everyone, through a number of reasons, has a different set of values when exiting the airship, with time and moving NPC will change the values further. The method does work for everyone, but what is a 20-step method for some is a 23-step method for others. The Reyk method just assures everyone have the same values when exiting the airship, so anything that happens after you exit is equal for everyone. With that method I got 6 in 8 tries, of them 5 in a row.

Edited by Tales