NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Dragon Quest Builders

English release has just been announced for PS4 and Vita!

As part of the 30th anniversary of Dragon Quest we're proud to announce Dragon Quest Builders is coming to the West on PS4 (boxed & digital) and Vita (digital only) in October this year!

(Today is the 30th Anniversary)

Edited by Ike

While I don't care for Minecraft, i'll be all over this due to it being Dragon Quest.

So we have I Am Setsuna in July, FFXV at the end of September and both this and World of Final Fantasy releasing in October. S-E are killing it this year.

Never played Minecraft myself either(big Terraria fan tho) but the trailer does make me somewhat tempted for this! Something about that gather/build/forge etc sort of thing. Hopefully gives lots of options for re-playability and different paths(if that makes sense).

I NEED THIS. :laughing:

Now that I will start a job in October, this is a day-one buy for me. Not sure which version to get, though...

Is the world randomly generated?

Pre ordeded it a month ago. Looking forward to play what seems to be Minecraft with a story . Think it's out a few days after Tomb Raider though.

Have we heard anything about multiplayer for this?

They said they'd look into for Builders 2, but this one doesn't have any.

Holy shit, that's awesome. :yay:

Maybe it will make my decision easier...still not sure which version I should get.

Niiice! Think I'll download/take for a spin tonight! Anyone know how big the demo is?

630 MB on PS4

231 MB on Vita

Checked out the demo. Man, this game is super cute, I love it. :D

Anyone know if the save data from this demo passes over to the full game?

Checked out the demo. Man, this game is super cute, I love it. :D

Anyone know if the save data from this demo passes over to the full game?

Save doesn't transfer.

I had a quick go of this last night and loved what I played. I hate Minecraft due to the lack of goals or missions and this seems to sort that issue out.

The game seems to be pretty funny. I had a good chuckle right at the start when the voice is trying to tell you about your destiny and you're just not interested. :D

Only thing that I wasn't too keen on in this was the button configuration. Kept on trying to use X to jump. :shakehead

Just been reminded about the controller mapping thingy in the PS4 system settings though, so might try it out again with X and O swapped around. :hehe:

This looks cute but as a huge fan of MineCraft and regular player I don't know how I'll find it. I'm downloading the demo now though so we'll see.

What were your(and others) thoughts @Josh64? I left the demo last night(thought it was rather comprehensive, wondering when it was going to end!) - ofc I'd had to have left it basically at a bit just before it DID end, but it didn't save all my progress anyway so I quickly re-did some stuff and wrapped it up.

I think I like it. Mostly due to the building nature - kind curious as to where it'll go next, what the difficulty will be like throughout, and how generally the 'levelling' system is tied to the building of the town's things. Would be interesting to see how tools go next and further exploration and building after that too.

It's got a fairly good humour to it so far that I've enjoyed - but I'm not sure how I feel about it all round. The control/camera feels a bit weak at times, and I end up placing stuff not always where I want which is frustrating. Jumping up/out of places more than 2 blocks high is a bit annoying sometimes too(dug a hole then struggled more than I'd have liked getting out). I reckon it's something I'll def consider picking up when it's a bit cheaper maybe though.

I had completely written this off as I hate Minecraft and games of its ilk but finally decided to (at least) give the demo a go earlier today, after all it is Dragon Quest of sorts. All I can say is, wow, the thing is cute as fuck and now I'm eagerly awaiting its release.

Will probably go for the Vita version as it will be a perfect fit for the machine, just disappointing that it won't be a physical release on that and I can't be bothered importing.

I had completely written this off as I hate Minecraft and games of its ilk but finally decided to (at least) give the demo a go earlier today, after all it is Dragon Quest of sorts. All I can say is, wow, the thing is cute as fuck and now I'm eagerly awaiting its release.

Will probably go for the Vita version as it will be a perfect fit for the machine, just disappointing that it won't be a physical release on that and I can't be bothered importing.

It's amazing just how many people like yourself ( I also feel the same ) hate Minecraft but love this. The demo has done a fantastic job with getting people excited and interested in the game.

The reviews started pouring out yesterday and it seems to be a hit with the press. Hopefully it will be a hit with the general public as well and give the DQ name a boost over in the West.

Only thing that I wasn't too keen on in this was the button configuration. Kept on trying to use X to jump. :shakehead

Just been reminded about the controller mapping thingy in the PS4 system settings though, so might try it out again with X and O swapped around. :hehe:

Can you do that game-specifically or is it a system wide thing you'd have to change every time? Dunno how I missed this post earlier but I certainly had a similar issue regarding key bindings(all felt a bit strange to me).

Sign in to follow this