NEurope
Nuntendo

How old are you?

How old are you?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

Ah well I remember playing a pong machine in the late 70's and my first console was an Atari 2600 (you've got admire the faux wood effect paneling).

I had a Mega Drive with Sonic the Hedgehog when I was 4.

My first console was an N64 when I was maybe 14, I believe? Maybe a bit earlier. I didn't get into gaming until I came back to England, so was quite late.

Oooh, fun reminiscing!

I started out with ZX Spectrum 48k when I was young (no idea on age). My most played game was probably Bubble Bobble. I remember looking at magazines (Crash in particular) and being super jealous of C64 and Amstrad graphics.

Sometime in the early 90s my brother and I got a Megadrive. For some reason, that now escapes me, we bought a japanese import, so it had purple colouring instead of white. Most played games were definitely Strider, Golden Axe & Sonic.

Around that time we also bought a SNES (jap import too). I spent so much money on Street Fighter II iterations and Mortal Kombat. I think my favourite ever game is still Super Mario World though. Perfect platforming.

We had an Amiga A500 too. 99% of why I bought that was so that I could play copied games from my cousin. I played a lot of Championship Manager 90, and Frontier Elite 2.

Then I decided that gaming wasn't my thing (far too cool a teenager), and skipped out of gaming from 1995 until about 2003/2004.

Since then I bought a Gamecube (largely for Super Mario Sunshine), a Wii (mainly played Mario Kart) and a Wii U (Splattoon seems to be the game this time around!).

My dad bought a computer in '88 and plonked 2 year old me on it. I thank my parents for my typing skills which landed me my job :heh:

most of my early stuff was DOS games. I didn't get into nintendo until.... the Wii. I joined this forum before the wii came out as my friend @soag made me. The only console I had in the 90s was a PS1.

Happy birthday?

:p:p

What age would everyone here like to be? Or are you happy with the age you are now?

I would like to be 21 as thats when I feel like I really started to grow, properly, in to a fairly adult person but, at the same time, I hadn't become the fat mess I am today (:p:weep:). Also, I had just left home and moved far away so everything was very new and exciting.

The worst age is probably something like 14 years old. So much craziness. And also fuck school.

Edited by Nuntendo

What age would everyone here like to be? Or are you happy with the age you are now?

17 again... so I could experience playing Metroid Prime again for the first time. ;)

Not so much for everything else in my life at that time, College was cool but I only really enjoyed it half of the time. :p

Although regularly going down to the town on my hours lunch break was great, many excellent game bargains were found around that time. :)

I'm happy enough being 30 though, it really doesn't bother me that much... it bothers me more that I'll be turning 31 in almost exactly a month but, it's just another year really. ::shrug:

First game I played was Super Mario World at the age of 3.

Why yes, it was @Dcubed's copy. How'd you know?

At least I've always been consistent with my mooching.

First actual console I owned was the Game Boy. I was 4. It was the Tetris/Dr. Mario bundle.

And I'm still worthless at Tetris 22 years later.

I saw this post and I just wondered.

I'm 25 :)

Getting closer and closer to 30 :weep:

:p

You've no idea. It starts to panick at 26, and then 27's still kinda the 'non-30' mark, but 28? Bam. You're there. You're PRACTICALLY THIRTY RIGHT NOW.

Also totally not voting in the poll until Friday btw, when I can join all the cool/popular kids in the 29 bracket ty.

:p:p

I'm actually really enjoying this stage of my life. :bouncy:

In my late teens early twenties I was being diagnosed with this that n the other... now I've grown a bit and learned to accept them. My body is still (somewhat) forgiving but its fighting back enough for me to motivate myself to be a bit healthier, whereas in my 20s I was a big ball of chaos. Wouldn't even go back to the earlier part of my 29th year as I was really ill and even admitted to hospital. Only just getting over the glandular fever now!

Edited by Raining_again

Can we all just take a moment to dote over @dwarf gourami for being the baby of the group?

->

D'awwww he's so cute and he's growing up so fast! He looks just like his father did at that age. All the girls had better watch out! Such a handsome young man. *Pinches cheeks*

:grin:

Edited by Nuntendo

It's crazy that there's nobody below 23 on there so far. Considering a lot of us longstanding members were in our early-mid teens when we joined. The average age is clearly way above what it once was. I wonder if the results would be the same if this was posted in the Nintendo board.

No young person uses forums anymore. They're all using their Snapchats and their Vines and their Tumblrs and their Periscopes. We're a dying breed.

It's crazy that there's nobody below 23 on there so far. Considering a lot of us longstanding members were in our early-mid teens when we joined. The average age is clearly way above what it once was. I wonder if the results would be the same if this was posted in the Nintendo board.

Would you be polling biological age or mental?

I'm completely with bob on this, especially the Periscopes. Forums are old hat - who needs social like that now? Why do you need a forum when you can have facebook and the like? Literally. And the like. People don't just want to interact, they want to flaunt themselves and get likes too. They need gratification, not a meaningful conversation! Quick thrills and cheap lols. Cats and cleavage pics. It isn't new(myspace angles for the latter, anybody?), but it's being more and more perpetuated by the social medias.

DONT TRUST THE SOCIAL MEDIA.

I'm completely with bob on this, especially the Periscopes. Forums are old hat - who needs social like that now? Why do you need a forum when you can have facebook and the like? Literally. And the like. People don't just want to interact, they want to flaunt themselves and get likes too. They need gratification, not a meaningful conversation! Quick thrills and cheap lols. Cats and cleavage pics. It isn't new(myspace angles for the latter, anybody?), but it's being more and more perpetuated by the social medias.

If only the young people of today understood that the generation that came before them knows best when it comes to almost all matters! When will they learn?

:p

No young person uses forums anymore. They're all using their Snapchats and their Vines and their Tumblrs and their Periscopes. We're a dying breed.

Wait, Periscope is an actual thing?

I thought bob was making a [ironically insert old technology into list of new technology] kinda joke.

Fuck.