NEurope
Ike

Old gaming magazines - worth keeping?

Basically I've got a load of Nintendo magazines going back to maybe Cube to NGamer to the official Nintendo Magazine before they closed down.

Are they worth keeping? To be honest they're just taking up space and I never really re-read them. I doubt they are worth anything either.

Do you guys keep worse or recycle them?

I got rid of my massive collection of Nintendo magazines a couple of years back. Sure, they are nice to look at when you want to feel nostalgic but they really do take up a stupid amount of room. I ended up getting rid of them in bulk on eBay. They weren't worth much but the space it freed up was massive.

If it were me, I'd spend some time looking through them and scanning in anything that seemed of interest - like reviews and previews of iconic games or rumours and speculation about future consoles. I remember that NOM used to print some crazy rumours about the Dolphin.

I got rid of all mine, they were simply taking up much needed space. I did keep the ones i got a letter printed in though.

I sent a letter into N64 magazine, and they spelt my name wrong when they printed it. So the next time I sent a letter, I signed my name wrong, and they fucking corrected it and spelt it right!

Damn magazine trolls.

I've got about 75 issues of N64 magazine at my parents house that I've not done anything with. Probably just keep them for nostalgia value until I am forced to throw them away in 20 years.

I've got about 75 issues of N64 magazine at my parents house that I've not done anything with. Probably just keep them for nostalgia value until I am forced to throw them away in 20 years.

..or send them my way immediately :heh:N64 Magazine was great :yay:

I love old magazines, they are a treasure trove of knowledge! I would take them off your hands, or you could get good money on eBay?

Yeah I've kept all of my gaming magazines. Nintendo Magazine system and N64 magazine are the mains ones, with random issues of CVG, Gamesmaster and Edge.

I got rid of my huge collection about 4 years ago. Thankfullly, a lot of the old N64 / NGC magazines have been scanned and put up online, not all of them are there, but it's still great to read through them again for those wanting a nostalgia trip.

http://www.oldgamemags.com/n64-magazine/

I've boxes and boxes of NMS/ONM/NOM (whatever incarnations it went through). I don't think there's anything else to do with them except keep them at this point?