NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Gran Turismo Sport (Let it cooook)

Demo is out! Really good impressions so far.

13 hours ago, Nolan said:

Granted I haven’t played Driveclub since neat release, I think a lot of games top it visually. Maybe not for pure photo realism but that’s not the only metric I judge visuals by personally. Alternatively, I haven’t played it, what about Project Cars?

Oh this is miles ahead of anything else check out the thread on neogaf. Seems development team matters more than just pure hardware. The main advantage is in the game and mechanics. Alot of people are going to like the newbie to expert approach.

Edited by Choze

Alright So I hit level 9 which will carry over. Unlocked afew cars and tried alot of stuff

Start off with the bad:

The big one people will talk about is: The game is always online(at least in the beta). Besides Arcade mode and split screen which are offline. Progression counts across the board.

Limited weather and conditions. There is a 'wet' special event but seemingly limited so far. This is the first wet course we have seen actually which is a surprise.

Not a numbered GT. Smaller game overall even if its many times larger than the prologues.

The good:

Quickly showcases why nothing is like GT.

Fun progression. Lots to do(100+ events) and lots of rewarding prizes.

No DLC from the looks of it. Progression seems more rewarding.

New approach to beginners with more emphasis on learning to drive. Extra events to help. Easy ways to earn cars(mileage).

Lots more helpers and aids. Including for braking and turning to new visual indicators.

Expert drivers get long events(demo has 30 lap race with refueling).

Track learning events to improve your times bit by bit. Like the Nurburgring section in GT5.

You can customise the camera in chase and cockpit. Can set dynamic or stiff for example, its up to you.

Online lobby is back from GT5/6 alongside the new Sport mode.

Nearly 20 locations. Lots of track variations. Feels fully fresh.

Livery editor extends to Clothing and helmets(no DLC here!) and you can import files from your computer for layers.

Sound FX is redone and very good. Fantastic in surround. Fun to do loops with lots of cars around you. Can be better in some respects/cars.

Graphically really strong. Big jump from past beta. Photo realism to the extreme in places. Tons of light sources, objects(track and dynamic), effects, and high res textures.

Extras are excellent: Scapes, Museum, galleries, social etc.

Overall I am well happy so far. Much better than I anticipated. Cant wait for the real thing. Glad Iron Banner is this week.

Edited by Choze

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/10/12/lewis-hamilton-to-provide-expert-in-game-advice-in-gran-turismo-sport/

Following the release of the limited time demo, we’re excited to share more exciting news with everyone; Gran Turismo and Lewis Hamilton will be joining forces in the latest iteration of the franchise, GT Sport. Lewis will be appearing in game as a mentor to share his racing wisdom with players from around the world to help them improve their driving technique.

“I have been playing Gran Turismo since I was a child, so to actually be part of the gameplay design has been an incredible experience.” – Lewis Hamilton

Lewis will reveal his driving philosophy and techniques through driving images and interviews for players of Gran Turismo Sport, providing valuable advice to many players who strive to be as fast and strong as Lewis himself.

:grin: Good work!  Could not have gotten a better person for the job!

Cant believe how well they have handled everything all round so far.

Beta was pretty popular as well(even if free), especially for a racing game.

Edited by Choze

Got the digital deluxe which comes with a ton of early unlocks. Looks like single player is quite sizeable but you also have rewards for just doing anything(mileage, time etc all give rewards). 👍

Track content is excellent(17 locations and over 40 tracks). Cant wait to dig in all the training to endurance races. 

Edited by Choze

On 21/10/2017 at 3:48 PM, Cookyman said:

Enjoying the game and doing surprisingly well on the driving tests!

I am terrified of your timings... I never managed to get close in Driveclub :cry:

there is is a good thread on waypoint rather than neogaf now. 

Edited by Choze
  • Like 1

FIA GT Manufactuter series started today. Hurry to loan two free cars for the series. Choose you ur manufactuter. 

The FIA GT Natuons cup has also started. Both are season 1 which will continue for the month 😊

Rewards are not fully known but should be good. 

Will do some sort of review later but am having tons of fun. 

Edited by Choze

On 23/10/2017 at 5:31 AM, Choze said:

I am terrified of your timings... I never managed to get close in Driveclub :cry:

there is is a good thread on waypoint rather than neogaf now. 

Just wait till I get it

• Like 1

The updates have been awesome. There is now an offline leagues update for the single player among other stuff for Christmas.

The interesting thing is how the daily reward frequently gives you new cars. Kind of shows off how in other games loot boxes are ruining progression.

Also some expert tips:

• Like 1