NEurope
Ashley

MadDog has passed away

I personally didn't really know him on here but I did see his name around the forums.

Thoughts and well wishes to all close to him.

Always remember the banter with him in the football threads. Its taken me a while to digest this found out second hand via facebook and its definitely shaken me up.I always knew the day would come but I expected it to be one of us old timers. No justice very sad for us as a community but god can't imagine what his poor family is going through.

I'm definitely interested in us pulling together and raising money, I think that would be a fantastic gesture and give his family a sense of the impact he had round here.

Lets do it the MadDog Marathon!

I think there is an intent for the Xpert 11 next season to be named in his honour.

Was he particularly active in the games forum outside of Xpert?

He used to be very active in mafia games. I'm thinking of dedicating my next mafia game to him, though that'll be off-site.. What about "MadDog's playground"?

I just noticed this thread, all my thoughts to his friends & loved ones obviously. I'm glad we were able to say goodbye to him, he will be missed. :(

I spoke to him privately in the last few months and I know he appreciated the support and kindness he was shown here and I hope he realised that even though we're a bunch of random people he interacted with on a forum, we cared about him a lot.

An excellent post for him, Ashley. I spoke to him a little bit earlier in the year after finding out about the terminal diagnosis - as many have said his humility and love in the face of his adversity was truly, truly, remarkable. I don't know where he found the strength from.

I asked him at the time for a picture, that I might be able to post it for his memory. I'd planned to write a greater tribute both to him and the community, but I can't right now and tbh I think Ashley's original post covers it pretty well.

At least however, I will say a thank you to MadDog. For being part of this community and contributing in some ways to our lives as we hopefully did to his. I was never particularly close to him personally, but he contributed across the board and was a noticeable part of the community that I respected and appreciated. I'll remember him most for the mafia games, and the occasional irreverent post, and in particular again, for his amazing strength in spite of what he was facing and the courage with which he took it on.

I asked him for a photo, and he said he liked this one, I've come to quite like it myself - hopefully it'll be a smile and happiness we can remember him by.

dUZjaib.jpg

RIP MadDog. You will be missed, and you will not be forgotten. Thank you for all you gave to us at N-E :heart:

Edited by Rummy

Just saw this obviously very sad :/

MadDog will be for me forever linked with Madpool his Xpert team. They may have never won the big league but like the man himself they were beautiful and admired by all.

MadDog, Madpool, Reggie Hales we salute you!

I will create a new Xpert thread honoring MadDog

745x1000.jpg

Wow, what sad news to come on too. Condolences to all those closest to him and may his soul rest in eternal peace.

This is incredibly sad news. RIP MadDog.

His music taste was spot on, and we often posted the same video to songs we were loving in the thread on here!

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Horrendous. Fuck cancer.

MadDog was an absolute legend. I can't believe his recent strength, absolutely amazing human being.

Just got back from a few days in Portugal and there was a letter waiting from Scott's mother thanking us (for herself and on behalf of Scott) for the letter, support and the Liverpool top.

I'll type it up tomorrow when I'm more awake so everyone can see it, but just wanted to let you know.

Because taking a picture and then uploading it somewhere and then posting it here from my phone would take as much time as typing it and I pretty much went straight to bed last night as I was exhausted.

To Ashley Jones,

Thank you so much for your kind words about Scott, he was such a kind person and a pleasure to have known and so proud to call him my son x thank you so much for the signed Liverpool top that you sent, he saw it and we told him who sent it and he was overwhelmed x please thank everyone for there kind wishes x please donate all fundraising to the teenage cancer trust they were fantastic at St James hospital where Scott had his chemo, wonderful people x

Once again thank you so much for everything xxx

Scott's mum Karen

xxx

So we know where they would like any money to go. Is someone willing to take the lead with the Extra Life stuff? I (both personally and as a representative of the site) will of course support and engage with it as much as possible, but I think it would be beneficial if someone else can take the lead, preferably someone that has organised one before.

Fuck, I only just found this out now. This is so, so surreal. MadDog has always felt like a staple of these forums; it's so unreal to think that he's just ... gone. And at such a young age. Just ... I don't even know what to say. Rest in peace, MadDog.