NEurope
Ashley

MadDog has passed away

Don't even know what to say. The strength he showed after sharing his prognosis was unparalleled.

Rest in Peace MadDog. Scott. You will be missed.

Edited by Shorty

I didn't even know madDog all that well but this is a blow, he was always such an nice bloke and came across really nice, positive and kind in all the conversations i had with him. I had heard he was ill and when i did i found it incredibly courageous, i know with cancer its never good, but with all the positivity he had i didn't think we'd get his sort of news any time soon if at all.

I had noticed MadDog hadn't been around lately and wondered where he was, i just didn't even think this could be why

RIP MadDog

Just a quick note (at work) but I had similar ideas for what we could do but first of all I'd like to write to his family and see if they have any objections (unlikely) and a preferred cause to raise for, whether that's a specific cancer charity or the hospital he stayed at.

R.I.P MadDog :weep::(

Thoughts are with MadDog's family at this time.

Honestly, i'm lost for words. His presence across N-Europe will certainly be missed, i do feel like there is a huge void which will never be filled. Such a nice person, and had a positive outlook.

R.I.P. MadDog. Don't know him very well like other but I admired him for stay positive through past few months after got the terrible news.

Just a quick note (at work) but I had similar ideas for what we could do but first of all I'd like to write to his family and see if they have any objections (unlikely) and a preferred cause to raise for, whether that's a specific cancer charity or the hospital he stayed at.

Good stuff Ashley, please keep me informed.

I'd like to do something involving his family as I think it would be nice for them to see just how many friends he had. Parents don't always understand the extent of their child's online social life, so I think it might help them to know that he was known and loved by more people than they realised.

Even if it's just something small, like a card signed by all of us or a bunch of flowers with a list of members names on the tag.

This is such a shame. MadDog will always be remembered by me as the head coach of MadPool FC, the Xpert Eleven team that Bob was so closely modelled on. I have many brilliant memories of his in that game, and in the football threads in general.

Definately sign me up for any condolence efforts as well. Signatures would be quite hard to do, but just printing our names seems a bit impersonal.

Although I rarely visit here anymore this has totally shocked and saddened me.

Rest in peace.

Definately sign me up for any condolence efforts as well. Signatures would be quite hard to do, but just printing our names seems a bit impersonal.

Maybe a list of names and a message from each person to make it a bit more personal?

The problem I have with a list of names (and/or more) is that it will slow things down and could result in people being left out if they've not checked the forum for a few days.

Instead I think a card and note on behalf of the site to the family now would be best, with an indication of the size of support, and then a more 'open' show of support through some fundraising and memorial efforts.

Open to discussion though.

The problem I have with a list of names (and/or more) is that it will slow things down and could result in people being left out if they've not checked the forum for a few days.

Instead I think a card and note on behalf of the site to the family now would be best, with an indication of the size of support, and then a more 'open' show of support through some fundraising and memorial efforts.

Open to discussion though.

That sounds good to me. Maybe have a main site news story and the end of any fundraising which we could link them to which explains what people did.

Rest in peace MadDog.

He has been a member on the forums for 9 years and I don't remember anyone having a bad word to say about him. His presence has made this community a better place and for him to be tragically taken at such a young age is devastating.

He will be sadly missed. My condolences to his friends and family.

Also, thank you to Ashley for the touching post and for getting in touch with his family. I speak for everyone here when I say for your efforts are much appreciated.

Oh no :( I only read he was ill a week or so ago, going through the bad stuff thread for the first time, and I was gutted to think I was probably too late to pass on my wishes. As someone else already said, I was hoping he'd be there to see the Europa final on wednesday. From the rests of his posts over the past few months I'd never have known.

A real legend amongst the Xpert crowd, and I always found him to be a great presence in the football thread. He was also kind of spiky on occasion, which I loved - especially a total treat for the Xpert banter. Seemed to me to be a pretty smart guy aswell, and as others have said, a really nice guy. To think he was my age is awful.

We should, without a doubt, name the first season of the new Xpert11 league that starts in September in his honour. I'll message @Haden to remind him - he's not often on the forums but he'll definitely remember maddog fondly and want to honour him.

I know I don't really visit here anymore but when I heard this I had to login.

Shit man. 24 is no age at all.

RIP Mad Dog.

Just to let people know I'm about to go post the card and note. Apologies for the delay but couldn't get to a post office because of work.

Thanks Ashely

Just a thought, but is there any way we can remember him on the site? rename a section after him or something? or would that be a bit weird?

We could have the football thread names after him? Or the forum games section perhaps?

I think there is an intent for the Xpert 11 next season to be named in his honour.

Was he particularly active in the games forum outside of Xpert?