NEurope
Ashley

MadDog has passed away

It is with deepest regret that we have heard that MadDog has passed away.

Many of you know he battled cancer for two years and while it sadly took away a lot from him over the years it never took away his kindness, warmth and positive attitude. Many of us were surprised when we found out about his cancer as he was always a positive person and he remained that way through his life. I personally found his approach to life in the face of such adversity inspiring and I'll never forget that.

I spoke to him privately in the last few months and I know he appreciated the support and kindness he was shown here and I hope he realised that even though we're a bunch of random people he interacted with on a forum, we cared about him a lot.

A little while ago we sent him a signed Liverpool shirt as he was a big fan and I know (from the tracking receipt) he received it some time before he last visited here so while I never heard directly from him, I hope it provided a bit of comfort and joy in his last weeks.

So here's to MadDog and his family. Rest in peace and you'll never walk alone.

Gutted. :( He was one of the regulars in the football thread and was one of the biggest Liverpool fans on here. It won't be the same.

Rest In Peace.

Truly saddening news. I will remember him from mafia games and xpert eleven but he was a prominent and valued member of the whole forum and there will be many of us affected by this news.

Rest in piece my friend

So sorry to hear this :( Was thinking about him the other day and checked his profile and saw he hadn't logged on for a while and feared the worst. Awfully sad to hear that he has passed away, but we should all take inspiration from his brave spirit in the face of adversity. It was truly admirable. Rest in Peace MadDog.

I really don't know what to say other than R.I.P. MadDog... :(

He was a rare individual with more courage and grace than I could ever muster in day to day life let alone what he must have gone through.

My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

MadDog will most certainly be missed, we could all learn a great deal from how he went through life and how he conducted himself on the forum.

Even though I feel like I never knew you properly, I still have a huge amount of respect for you and I always will, that will never change. :heart:

Extremely saddening to hear. I also noticed that he had not been around here as of late and feared the worst.

RIP MadDog

Terrible news. He was such a nice guy, and somehow managed to maintain such a respectable outlook through such a tragic ordeal. Thoughts with his family.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

He was a great presence on these forums, the football thread especially won't be the same without him.

RIP MadDog.

I was very upset to hear the news. I did notice the absence as well. He was an awesome dude. Through it all, he still remained positive where loads wouldn't have. He was exceptional.

R.I.P MadDog. You will be so missed!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

He was an incredible person. An inspiration to us all.

My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in piece.

It doesn't seem right. Even though we knew about his situation, nothing can prepare you for the title of this topic.

Very upset to hear this news. He was a great guy. A genuinely nice and down-to-earth person who I have had the pleasure of chatting with over the years. It sounds silly, but a message would always pop up on PSN whenever he logged in - now he won't, and that somehow feels very empty.

I'm just totally gutted that we've lost a really great guy.

I am gutted, my eyes have welled up. I was hoping Liverpool would win the Europa League for him, so he could enjoy that feeling one last time.

Can't believe he's gone. I will miss him, as will everyone on this site. Not just in the football thread.

Rest in Peace MadDog, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Devastated to hear about this. I still struggle to comprehend how he dealt with it so well. So much to go through at a young age and yet he handled it with such dignity and honour. Life is so precious and we all owe it to MadDog to make sure we try and make the most of it.

RIP MadDog

This has made me very sad...

He was an amazing person for the way he dealt with what was happening to him. He was always nice to people on here as well, just generally a great person. He will be missed. :(

Still can't believe his positive attitude during the last few months on here. I hope I can be half as brave as that if I ever face the inevitable.

We should do something. I've no idea what, but it feels wrong to just let his passing just go past as another thread.

Edit: just saw from his profile that he was 24. That's just not fair. Not fair at all.

Edited by Goafer

Still can't believe his positive attitude during the last few months on here. I hope I can be half as brave as that if I ever face the inevitable.

We should do something. I've no idea what, but it feels wrong to just let his passing just go past as another thread.

Edit: just saw from his profile that he was 24. That's just not fair. Not fair at all.

I mentioned something in the football thread. Two ideas I had was;

1. Next season name a fantasy football league in his honour. Everyone who enters donates some money to cancer research.

2. Liverpool play in the Europa League final soon, for every goal they score we donate a pound or so to charity.

Very sad to hear this. I, like a few others have mentioned had started to fear the worst when I saw he hadn't been online for a while. He had an amazing attitude toward this all.

Maybe our Extra Life group could switch to cancer research this year in his name?

I didn't even know that he was ill, I wish I had kept a closer eye on the forums. I ran a mafia game with him a few years ago, genuinely nice guy and a fellow red. Thoughts go out to his family, RIP MadDog, YNWA.

Absolutely horrible. Same as Esequiel - I didn't even know and I just wish that I'd kept tabs on the forum more. But I remember very clearly that he was one of the good ones - really passionate about everything he enjoyed: games, Liverpool, etc. We should all try to live our lives in such a way. RIP.

Tragic news. The passing away of someone is never an easy thing but for it happen the way it did and to someone so young is absolutely heartbreaking.

The way he handled the situation, keeping positive and never moaning or complaining, was truly inspiring. We could all learn something from MadDog and the attitude he had, even when facing his own passing.

I loved his banter in the football thread, as well as the few times he played FIFA with the N-E crew. He had a a passion for the sport and for his club. The football thread will not be the same without him.

Goodbye to a fellow Liverpool supporter, a fighter, a passionate person, an amazing guy and a N-Eer.

R.I.P MadDog, you will be sorely missed. :(

Damn it. I knew he had some serious health issues, but I kept hoping things would get better.

It's really not fair.

Very sad to hear this. I, like a few others have mentioned had started to fear the worst when I saw he hadn't been online for a while. He had an amazing attitude toward this all.

Maybe our Extra Life group could switch to cancer research this year in his name?

Don't the Extra Life team have a name? You could put it in his name or on camera, you guys could put little tokens around the room or something?

Absolutely devastated to hear this. Maddog had been around for the forums for what seemed like years.

RIP Maddog.