NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Ace Attorney 6: Spirit of Justice ( 3DS eShop Sept release )

SAN FRANCISCO — May 11, 2016 — Today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, has confirmed that the much-anticipated next installment in the Ace Attorney® courtroom drama series will make its way to North America and Europe as Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® – Spirit of Justice. This narrative adventure stars beloved defense attorneys Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice and sees the return of many familiar faces alongside some interesting new additions. The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems in North America and Europe in September this year at an MSRP of $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice sees Phoenix in a brand new location: a courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura’in, origin of the Kurain Channeling Technique, where mysterious séance trials decide the fate of all defendants. Brand new to the series is the Divination Séance gameplay mechanic that allows the player to revisit the last moments of a victim’s life. Players must fight to unravel the discrepancies and contradictions between the Royal Priestess’s Insight and what is shown in the séance. Meanwhile, defense attorney Apollo Justice faces his own challenges holding down the fort at the Wright Anything Agency, as he takes on a case that will have explosive implications. Both our heroes are joined by a host of returning friends and adversaries in their fight to bring about justice.

The new game is filled with puzzling cases to solve using popular investigative techniques from previous installments. More details on gameplay features will be revealed in the coming months, so stay tuned!

Wahey! A date!

Dual Destinies was a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to this.

Even if we do completely skip The Grand Ace Attorney...

I just wish they would go back to physical copies for this. Not only do I not like Nintendo's digital games method but I liked having all my Ace Attorney game boxes!

Woo!! Earlier than I expected!

Not much more to say other than... The defence is ready! :D

Demo was pretty short, if you've played the previous games then you know what to expect pretty much.

Demo was pretty short, if you've played the previous games then you know what to expect pretty much.

Yeah, incredibly short, and not as well constructed as the previous one, which was tongue in cheek about being a demo. And, there is seriously nothing new to see in the demo (still good stuff though), except for a prolonged dance session.

I was going to get the demo but its not like I wasn't going to buy the game so there's not really any point.

My problem at the moment is that I never actually finished Dual Destinies for some reason so I've gone back to it today. Want to try and finish it before this comes out.

Finished case 2 today, really enjoyed it. Normally the second case isn't very good. Some good twists and the breakdown of the guilty person was great.

Glad they improved Ema, was so disappointed with her in Apollo Justice, I really wanted to like her after her appearance in AA1 but I really disliked her in AJ. She's basically the Gumshoe of this game though.

Nice to see Apollo get out of Phoenix's shadow, finally.

Really enjoying have Rayfa as a partner during the investigation part. I suspect it's to help with her character development later and opening up to lawyers. Pretty funny how she resorts to childish insults if she's proven to be wrong.

Wish we weren't defending Maya again, especially just after having a case defending Trucy. It's getting a bit old.

Hate the new prosecutor, his shtick got old in the first case he was in.

Early days still but I think this game is better than AA5.

Early days still but I think this game is better than AA5.

Whoa, nice. I'll pick this up, but after I clear some of my backlog, which I'm doing rapidly. Yay!

I was going to get the demo but its not like I wasn't going to buy the game so there's not really any point.

My problem at the moment is that I never actually finished Dual Destinies for some reason so I've gone back to it today. Want to try and finish it before this comes out.

Same thing happened to me, but the reason I stopped is I forgot to save as I left it in sleep mode till the battery died. I want this so I'll try and finish it soon.

So I've done the first case, and I loved it! Very ridiculous and very entertaining.

The poor translation team must have had a hell of a workload getting those impromptu singing moments to work well. I very much enjoyed Heavy Metal Jesus, reminded me of Hip-Hop Pirate from the previous games DLC. As far as first cases go, it definitely does a good job of intriguing me with it's utterly borked foreign court. Curious to see what the hell happened to make things like that.

So I completed this last week. Have to say that it was a blast! Quite different to most of the other games but it was nice to see them exploring Apollo as a character a lot more. I've always felt that he's been pretty superficial in previous entries.

The final case is damn great too. Has to go in there with one of my favourites. It does feel like they have made the game overall a bit easier too. Like they are trying to encourage people to just enjoy the story which I think is a good idea.

One of my major gripes though was that there wasn't quite the level of amazing meltdowns that we're used to but the general animations were a lot better. The voice acting was a bit mixed though and I did end up skipping the Dance of Devotion because of the girl's breathy simpering voice.

And holy crap the DLC is expensive. I'm not THAT interested Capcom!

Sign in to follow this