NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing Heading To Mobile

A mobile companion app for animal crossing is really a great idea! Make patterns on the fly, realtime stockmarket for the turnips... There is sooo much potential!
That.. does not sound like fun.

Note that the press release states:

Both of these are pure game applications. Compared to Miitomo, they have more prominent game elements, and the game content will tie closely into Nintendo’s dedicated games business

Which sounds more like a game than a companion app, but open to interpretation.

The games will be free to download/start/play, as expected.

TOKYO—Nintendo Co.’s next two smartphone games will be free to download, the company’s partner said on Wednesday, increasing the likelihood that long-loved console game titles will rank high even in fiercely competitive app stores.

Tokyo-based DeNA Co., which develops and runs its own smartphone games, teamed up with Nintendo, the Kyoto-based videogame powerhouse, last year for the joint project. They released their first title, Miitomo, earlier this year, and are expected to produce four more by March 2017.

Both games have been pushed back until after the release of Super Mario Run.

Super Mario Run represents the next phase of Nintendo's expansion to mobile platforms, following the release of Miitomo earlier this year. After the launch of Super Mario Run in December, Nintendo plans to deliver its previously announced mobile device titles in the Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem series before the end of March, 2017.

I thought the AC game would have been out before the Mario one and then tap into the new update for A New Leaf in someway. I guess both will arrive in the new year now as I can't see them launching Mario alongside another phone game in the same month. Saying that, they often do that with their consoles and handhelds, so what do I know? :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

so connectivity with a 'main' game Animal crossing? so surely it would connect with an NX launch window animal crossing?

Man writing "Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem" several times for the news article made me think that should be a crossover...

Man writing "Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem" several times for the news article made me think that should be a crossover...

I would let Olivia get Permadeath'd so goddamn fast!

Stupid snobby cat...