NEurope
drahkon

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Yeah the zombie mode is fun. In fact all modes are really fun. Kind of surprised given all the hate given to the game prior to release.

Finished the single player last night and it is safe to say this is one the best single player fps in along long time. Certainly since MW1 for me. :o

The setup is essentially like Star Trek or a naval ship. From their you launch missions. Flying parts are like Starfox or the old Tie Fighter type games but set to easy. You get story moments with twists and turns no matter what you are doing. Character fit their roles well and are well handled. Ethan the robot was fantastic and is part of afew great iconic COD/gaming scenes in the game.

The engine upgrades are superb. It feels like they could make actually make a full BF multiplayer game in this lol. Flying and on foot transitions are seamless in gameplay(when you go back to ship it covers up loading screens). Skyboxes are the best in the business. Much more dynamic, complex and 3d than the ones in say Destiny. For example one mission sets you on to a meteor which rotates very fast (avoid sun/heat mechanic) and it looks amazing.

All round just super impressed with the single player. Will maybe be the first time i replay a COD in harder difficulty.

I will talk about multi later. But am enjoying it. I really like the inclusion of a mode where you have base spawning like in Overwatch/Killzone etc.

There are only two things that annoy me so far:

1) the lack of Hardcore game modes...there are only 4 modes available in Hardcore.

2) some challenges are basically impossible in Hardcore (like heal yourself with a certain passive trait and kill enemies once fully healed; can't do that in Hardcore as you don't regenerate health) - while it's not that big of a deal as those challenges give you XP which can be earned in a myriad of other ways, but it still bugs me :D

So this is the lowest selling COD in a long time in the UK. Though other games like BF1 also saw declines, COD's is quite significant and signifies some sort of problem compared to Advanced warfare and before. Perhaps a WOW type issue that occurred after Cataclysm? UK market also going to be down too etc.

I am enjoying the game a ton nevertheless. I think they are on good footing in many ways and have the flexibility/talent to make changes if needed.

Will provide a Pro update later.

Edited by Choze

Finished a couple more side missions and made my way through another main mission. I'm having so much fun with the campaign. Titanfall 2's is supposed to be even better...can't wait to give that one a go when it drops in price :D

Played the multiplayer a lot yesterday. Managed to reach level 48. :) Loving it. : peace:

I'm neglecting MWR, though. :woops::D

Finished a couple more side missions and made my way through another main mission. I'm having so much fun with the campaign. Titanfall 2's is supposed to be even better...can't wait to give that one a go when it drops in price :D

Played the multiplayer a lot yesterday. Managed to reach level 48. :) Loving it. : peace:

I'm neglecting MWR, though. :woops::D

48 already? lol. I thought 17 was high :p

I have heard Tf2 has a good single player though this one is meant to be better overall. I will be checking out Tf2 and Bf1 soon enough anyway. Though my plan is to play lots of Destiny soon too.

edit: So this is one of the few games to have a full 4K checkerboard mode for Pro ala Tomb Raider and Horizon.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

48 already? lol. I thought 17 was high :p

Double XP weekend :p Had a lot of time last Sunday.

So I just started playing this game today and I must say I'm very impressed with the SP campaign mode. Absolutely brilliant opening few missions. The graphics are absolutely incredible and the facial expressions/voice acting is up there with the best I've seen (who needs a PS4 Pro - PAH).

While graphics are good, the gameplay feels super tight. Just the feel of the guns and the sound...everything just feels good you know.

Runs like a dream too. Seamless integration between ground and air combat which also helps mix things up a bit.

All in all, very pleasantly surprised. Haven't taken to a COD game this much since Advanced Warfare. Bravo!

This will be £23.99 at Sainsbury's tomorrow on both the PS4 and One. Very tempting....

If you won't play the multiplayer...not sure if it's really worth it. The campaign, while great, is quite short and for the Platinum you need to play the Zombie mode (not tried it, yet. It's supposed to be doable solo but there is some luck involved)

If it comes with the Modern Warfare Remaster, you should definitely get it, though. Both campaigns for that price is a steal :)

If you won't play the multiplayer...not sure if it's really worth it. The campaign, while great, is quite short and for the Platinum you need to play the Zombie mode (not tried it, yet. It's supposed to be doable solo but there is some luck involved)

If it comes with the Modern Warfare Remaster, you should definitely get it, though. Both campaigns for that price is a steal :)

It's just the standard edition of the game.

If I do decide to buy it I will be doing so just for the single player campaign and possibly the Zombie mode ( love that thing ). Still, the game has bombed in price pretty fast and with FFXV just around the corner I may just hold on for a bit.

Still, the game has bombed in price pretty fast and with FFXV just around the corner I may just hold on for a bit.

Yeah, none of the 3 big FPS have done really well. Pretty sure you'll find similar offers throughout the next months.

I'd say: Don't go for it because FFXV! :D

Have to say: I enjoy the multiplayer a lot. Didn't find the time to play much in recent weeks (especially since my mate also doesn't have a lot of free time right now) but I can't wait to really get into it right before the holidays.

And with Kill Confirmed now available for Hardcore in MWR I'll try to play this more. It's not a campfest as Team Deathmatch is. Much more enjoyable :)

And with Kill Confirmed now available for Hardcore in MWR I'll try to play this more. It's not a campfest as Team Deathmatch is. Much more enjoyable :)

That's the mode with the dog tags, right? I loved that mode on previous CoDs. It stopped everyone from just camping and they had to get out and about to pick the things up. Easily my favourite mode.

That's the mode with the dog tags, right? I loved that mode on previous CoDs. It stopped everyone from just camping and they had to get out and about to pick the things up. Easily my favourite mode.

Yeah, it is.

In Infinite Warfare, camping in Team Deathmatch is not that big a deal. The movement system makes most of the players utilize it.

In Modern Warfare, though...holy smokes. 95% of the people I've seen in Team Deathmatch camp all the fucking time. :nono: It made me stop playing the multiplayer after a couple of hours...

Played two KC matches yesterday and it's much more bearable. Will definitely spend more time with it now.

Yeah, none of the 3 big FPS have done really well. Pretty sure you'll find similar offers throughout the next months.

I'd say: Don't go for it because FFXV! :D

Yep. The big oldies are doing less well in general. There is also some saturation in terms of big releases (overall software sales up). Plus Destiny seems to be killing it.

This year's COD is actually one of the best ones so should get some decent word of mouth at least. This is a good team. The pre emptive hate is not new for Activision. Competitors do get very jealous. WOW for example has had loads of nonsense from people online. The worst did coincide with the EA MMORPG releases.

I didn't end up buying the game, despite it being very cheap. I did snap up 2 copies for my nephews for Christmas, though.

Just finished the SP campaign and loved every minute. Great game, well done to the peeps at IW.

Shopto have just put the Legacy Edition ( it's the one with Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare ) on sale for £25! Just snapped it up.

Shopto have just put the Legacy Edition ( it's the one with Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare ) on sale for £25! Just snapped it up.

Awesome, looking forward to wrecking noobs onli...oh right, you're the single-player-only-guy. :p

Awesome, looking forward to wrecking noobs onli...oh right, you're the single-player-only-guy. :p

Haha. Indeed.

Really I just bought it to play through Modern Warfare. :D

Really I just bought it to play through Modern Warfare. :D

You should give Infinite Warfare a go, too (unless you want to get the Platinum and don't want to play Zombies in Spaceland).

I recently got the Mile High Club trophy. Didn't even finish the whole game on Veteran before but I wanted to get that trophy out of the way :D Took me 2 hours of practice. :laughing: