NEurope
drahkon

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

The biggest thing that makes it feel it's changed somewhat is the change to netcode, the lag-compensation is a little too aggressive these days, so you'll find cases of bullshit more often (people being bullet-sponges, dying after having got into cover, insta-deaths etc).

I miss the good old days of dedicated servers.

Hang on... it's called Infinite Warfare, and the way that speech is worded...

Time travel? I'm calling it now. :P

New trailer is set to hit around 5pm tonight. Also...

Apparently there will be 2 trailers.

One for Infinite Warfare and another for Call of Duty MW remaster. Source is from Kanyetothe lool

He knew that Nuketown was gonna have hints before it happened, and the reveal date. He posted stuff about BLOPS 3 too before it dropped IIRC.

[tweet]726886465700024322[/tweet]

Rumoured to be the Infinite Warfare reveal.

Inb4 the "urgh, another future-space-generic-fps"-comment.

It looks cool. Obviously we need gameplay, but as it stands now it has my attention.

Call of Duty is slowly turning into Halo, it seems. Looks good though.

Call of Duty - Dead Space - Halo edition! :D

Might actually be reasonable though, for a Call of Duty title... ;)

For the record I really enjoyed the first Modern Warfare, so I may be buying for the remastered game.

Looks great and MW remake.

Looks like it's set on At least one other planet/moon. You can see Saturn very clearly in one of the skies.

Love the music choice for the trailer.

The game looks insane! Ground battles & space battles look off the charts. Looks like it's gonna be taking a shot a Halo, not that it can be any worse than what that series has become.

Well happy that MW has been confirmed. I wonder if the Legacy Edition is the only way to get it?

It's over to EA now to see if Titanfall & Battlefield 5 can deliver the goods. The end of the year is gonna be brutal if all 3 of those come out. Although, I can't see both TF and BF arriving at the same time. It wouldn't make any business sense for EA to do that.

Yeah that was an epic music choice!! :D Fantastic trailer.

Never played a COD, I don't really go for FPS', but I think I'm more than happy to jump in on this one. Remind me; because I thought that looked fantastic. I'd be really interested in playing the original MW as well, so like @Hero\-of\-Time said, hopefully pre-ordering isn't necessarily the only way to get it. It would be good if it turned up as it's own download at some point, even if it's a more expensive option initially.

Good point about Battlefield and Titanfall 2. But I feel I should give COD a go at some point anyway. And those space battles.

Still no information about whether the Remaster will be sold separately or not...:hmm:

Most likely I'll be to buy a COD in years, looks pretty sweet. Dat space combat!

Just what the world needs, even more CoD, as if they don't make enough money releasing a new iteration every year.

"Infinity Warfare" is a brilliant apt title though

Yes this is exactly what the industry needs. Just like it needs smaller titles that try new things. And it needs genre re-defining titles. And mainstream buzz. And titles that raise socio-political issues. And titles that just give you something to do for five minutes on the train.

The games industry does need big selling titles like these, even if they get released year-on-year. It keeps people employed (and hopefully helps to build more permanent positions within the industry as it is one that has a problem with just relying on contractors who have less employment security and rights) and it keeps pouring money back into the industry, thus helping the console manufacturers, the retail outlets, the press etc that all financially benefit from a successful industry. It in turn leads to more people interested in games, more resources for training and getting into gaming, more voices and ideas in gaming and that leads to an expanded industry with new ideas. The games industry is a machine of many different parts.

The games may not be your cup of tea and they may seem like money grabs but it doesn't mean they're unneeded in the industry (and the sales clearly indicate they're not unwanted). Why are you against Activision making money from these games? It's an open market. They've made it clear that their intent for this series is annual games that refine and evolve the series in some capacity. It may not be as big an evolution as you might like and it's fair to criticise them for not trying hard enough, but we all know by now what the CoD series is about.

Full details on Infinity Ward's ambitious return to the fray

We are thrilled to reveal that Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is officially the next title from our studio, and we’ve got a ton of fresh info to share with you today.

Infinite Warfare represents a departure for us in several ways. This will be Infinity Ward‘s first Call of Duty to benefit from a full three-year development timeline. That means we’re bringing an ambitious approach and employing state-of-the-art design methods during our development. We’ll also have a little extra time for even more of the high-quality polish and refinement to make this game everything it can be.

Infinite Warfare will redefine what players think of as the traditional narrative experience for the franchise. Human conflict under extreme pressure unpacks character personalities, character depth, and story in a manner that few games have explored. Our goal is to create the most gripping and immersive story ever told in a Call of Duty game. We’re doing that by thrusting players into wartime leadership against a relentless enemy, and making them truly feel the weight of command.

Finally, Infinite Warfare will be the first game in the franchise to venture beyond the reaches of Earth, framing a plausible future war in our solar system. To be clear, we aren’t developing a science fiction or space battle game — Infinite Warfare is first and foremost a Call of Duty game, which means visceral boots-on-the-ground infantry combat as well as piloting combat vehicles. But, by expanding the scope of the action into the vastness of space, we are taking this experience to exciting and surprising places in many ways.

Though we are putting a great deal of emphasis on the game’s engaging story, Infinite Warfare will of course continue to push boundaries for online multiplayer. Our maps will showcase never-before-seen environments depicted for the first time in franchise history. And, with fast, fun, and frenetic gameplay, our multiplayer will challenge players to achieve their goals in various, novel ways.

Additionally, Infinite Warfare will introduce an original cooperative Zombies mode that takes players on a wild ride through a new storyline with unique gameplay features and mechanics. More details about multiplayer and the new zombies experience will be announced at a later date. For now, we’re excited to say that PS4 owners will get DLC Map Packs 30 days early. So plan your upcoming holiday season weekends carefully.

One more thing — we’re delighted to confirm that we are working on the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition, which includes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered,* bringing the most critically acclaimed title in Call of Duty history to PS4 for the first time. Executive produced by Infinity Ward and developed closely with the amazing team at Raven, Modern Warfare Remastered will include the full, iconic story campaign, and the original multiplayer mode with ten of the biggest fan-favorite maps that redefined Call of Duty forever, fully remastered for PS4.

Set your countdown and be ready for launch. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare blasts off worldwide November 4.

Thank you reading up on and watching the latest. We’re excited to share more details about Infinite Warfare in the coming months. For the latest intel, check out the official site

*Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered contains only 10 MP maps from the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download. Internet connection required. For more information, please head here.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/05/02/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-launches-4th-november-on-ps4

Liked the trailer but I never really bother with CoD campaigns, with the exception of the Modern Warfare ones, the others just didn't do it for me.

I'll wait for the multiplayer trailer... so glad to see MW multi is included, even if it's just 10 maps, this is a big sway for me getting it!

I'm still way more hyped for Battlefield 5 though... although I'm not keen on the rumblings that it'll be set in WWI. I prefer modern combat, jets and helicopters in the games are a must!

Edited by Kav

Still no information about whether the Remaster will be sold separately or not...:hmm:

Seems that info is now available:

In addition, the support article states that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered will be available only if you get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s Legacy, Digital Legacy, Digital Deluxe, or Legacy Pro.

http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/02/stats-original-call-duty-4-modern-warfare-will-not-transfer-modern-warfare-remastered/

:hmm: That sucks...

And I have just read that MW will be download only...Here's hoping it will be available as a standalone download eventually.

Edited by drahkon

Well, I was quite far off with the time travel theory, wasn't I? :heh:

It still looks interesting, but the Modern Warfare remaster is what has me interested. Mind you, if the space combat is implemented into Infinite Warfare's multiplayer, then it could be really interesting. If there's not a map like Unreal Tournament 2004's AS-Mothership, then they're really missing out on a huge opportunity.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

This guy speculating on what Activision will do for the CoD4 remaster has me worry about the points he makes too...

Well I for one am not surprised... Activision, so what did you expect? :p

Of course they will hold back ten of the maps for COD4 multiplayer and then charge you for the rest, this seems obvious as it always comes down to money. ;)

Don't tell me that anyone actually expected better of them? :laughing:

The entire game is being remastered at least, just some maps will be paid for DLC, if you really want them... then buy them, if you don't then do not buy. ::shrug:

I don't think I'm interested in a CoD right now but I am digging it the more space-cartoon it gets.