NEurope
drahkon

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

As many of you already know, the name has apparently leaked.

I'm very excited to hear more about this. The first CoD I've played was Modern Warfare 2 and I couldn't get into it, which is why I haven't bought another installment until Black Ops III.

The latter is incredibly fun and I enjoy it a lot.

Really hoping the next CoD will deliver a similar experience to me :)

I'll be well happy if this is the case. Myself and a lad at work often talk about how Activision is leaving money on the table by not remaking/remastering the earlier CoD games but it looks like they may have finally seen some sense.

Wow, that would be amazing. Hopefully the remaster will include the multiplayer.

If it has CoD4 Multiplayer, it's a certainty that I'll buy it!

Edited by Kav

I really enjoyed World at War. Has Call of Duty changed much since then?

If it has CoD4 Multiplayer, it's certainty that I'll buy it!

It'll have the multiplayer but they will patch system level voice chat out.

It'll have the multiplayer but they will patch system level voice chat out.

Hahaha! If it's released on NX they might!

After feeling disappointed with BlOps 3, I would've said I was done with CoD but the possibility of getting to play a remastered CoD4 would be more than enough to pull me back in. If Activision put it out on its own as well as bundled with the new game, I'll happily opt for the remaster. Hoping this one turns out to be true as I have a lot of fond memories of not just playing the campaign but also the multiplayer (back in the day before 8 year olds ruined the CoD multiplayer experience by shouting abuse).

If they are remastering CoD4, do we reckon they'll remove the Martyrdom perk as that did become a problem in the game.

Can anyone remember that guy who leaked loads of NX stuff and said the new call of duty was coming and gave it a name. Can anyone remember what they said it was called?

I'll be well happy if this is the case. Myself and a lad at work often talk about how Activision is leaving money on the table by not remaking/remastering the earlier CoD games but it looks like they may have finally seen some sense.

Just what the world needs, even more CoD, as if they don't make enough money releasing a new iteration every year.

"Infinity Warfare" is a brilliant apt title though

Just what the world needs, even more CoD, as if they don't make enough money releasing a new iteration every year.

If the demand is there then why not release it? From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense.

Absolutely, I just never figured CoD needed remasters.

Some of the maps and weapons from the earlier games were some of the best in the series. I think it was due to it's simplicity. Also, the earlier campaigns were far more enjoyable than recent entries as well, especially the one from CoD4.

It will be interesting to see if it's just the single player content, multiplayer or both.

Looks like it may not just be a rumour... I hope this isn't just a joke.

AF4CD4EC-7DF2-47C8-BCB6-2D859A4348E2_zpsmm2cvwku.jpg

Looks like it may not just be a rumour... I hope this isn't just a joke.

A listing for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Collection popped up on Amazon yesterday as well. While I don't care about the 3rd one, the first 2 are amazing.

Please have multiplayer. Pretty please.

(never played the older CoD multiplayer, but really want to)

The original Modern Warfare is from what I've heard an absolutely brilliant game. It's not that games fault. He didn't know what he would spawn... If only he had :p

I've always been quite tempted to pick up the original over the years, never having played a COD. It would tempt me to pick up this new one.

I expect this will be the first Call of Duty game I've bought in a couple of years (as long as it ends up looking good of course). I really enjoyed 4 so thats a nice incentive but I'm also just finally back in the mood to play a Call of Duty game again. I think the last one I played was Modern Warfare 3.

I really enjoyed World at War. Has Call of Duty changed much since then?

It's changed shit-loads. Boost-jumping/sliding, wall-running... generally speaking though, the "boots on the ground" gameplay is still very similar.

The biggest thing that makes it feel it's changed somewhat is the change to netcode, the lag-compensation is a little too aggressive these days, so you'll find cases of bullshit more often (people being bullet-sponges, dying after having got into cover, insta-deaths etc).

Higher resolution image that confirms the CoD4 remaster, unless it's an elaborate prank. Seems legit though. (The pic appears to be a Canadian one, which is why it looks so expensive.)

call_of_duty_infinite_warfare_leak_high_res_1.jpg

Only 10 of the original 16 multiplayer maps are packaged with it? They'd better not be holding some of them back for DLC. Mind you, this is Activision we're talking about...

Of course they will add those extra maps as DLC :p I except one particular post in here when that happens.

I hope the remaster will be available as a standalone, too and not only in the Legacy Edition.

Edit: Do games in the US really cost 80 bucks?

Edit²: Nevermind, it's Canadian $

Edited by drahkon