NEurope
Deathjam

Nioh [PS4]

HALF WAY?!

I think so...The Iga Escape is the mission you've done, right? If so then you're basically only halfway through.

I think so...The Iga Escape is the mission you've done, right? If so then you're basically only halfway through.

Just did the one after it where you go back through the house, so yeah.

Good to know.

I'm rocking Red Demon armour and a Spear. Think this is my set up now. Just need to farm for the armour text so I can forge my own. Under 30% weight, 20% damage buff to spears and a 30% reduction to Ki regeneration. It's INSANE.

Edited by Daft

I'm at the iga escape.

Really enjoying all the traps and the level layout!

Anyone know when unlock the third set of dojo tests? Really want to use the points I have on the last set of skills

Decided to crack on and finish the game because once you do that you start NG+ but can also easily switch to "normal mode". : peace:

Great game. Had some issues (lacking enemy variety, not that difficult, one-hit-kill attacks from some bosses, one horrible mission) but other than that it's been a joy.

Can't wait for the DLC :)

I won't grind for the trophies, yet, because I just want to experience NG+ without any distractions.

I've been chipping away at this over the past couple of weeks. Man, this game is really something special indeed. I've been in a bit of a gaming slump recently but this has managed to get me going again.

My weapon of choice has been the spear. Using it to do a good deal of damage, while being able to keep at a distance, has been a great way to learn the attack patterns of enemies.

I loved fighting Nue. He reminded me of fighting Zinogre in the MH games. That beastie is also a fast lightning based creature and the whole battle with Nue felt just like I was playing a Monster Hunter game on the PS4.

I've been tackling each region fully, before moving on the next. I would do a level, find all the collectibles I could and then repeat it if I missed some, before moving on to the next stage. This has provided me with a great source of exp and allowed me to level up nicely. I'm currently something like level 138 with 2 or 3 missions left to do.

@drahkon I was looking at your trophies and you've clearly done the blacksmith trick as well, haven't you? :D

@drahkon I was looking at your trophies and you've clearly done the blacksmith trick as well, haven't you? :D

I didn't want to at first but my inventory has been bugged quite often (i.e. materials/consumables gone) so I decided to fuck it and do the trick. If I had the materials to forge I'd have done legitimately but not like this :D

Finished the game this morning. Absolutely fantastic game. I'll need to keep firing it up over the next few days, though. I'm missing a single trophy which is tied to the final mission I have left to complete. Sadly. it's one of the Twilight Missions, so I'm gonna have to wait until it pops up. :(

The hardest mission for me was a side mission in the final area. It requires you to fight two bosses at the same time in a very small area. They butchered me when I tried it last night and I couldn't make any progress. I tried again this morning and done it first time. Go figure. :D

*twiddles thumbs and continues to wait for the Twilight Mission I need to pop up*

Man, I wish there was a way to trick the clock to change and give me my mission. I think it was Friday that I last seen it, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday....

I forgot to mention during my ramblings the other day how I played this game like Bloodborne. Having never played a Souls game and only playing Bloodborne, I wasn't used to blocking. With Nioh I was just dodging and side stepping my way to victory as I just couldn't get it in my head that I could actually block an attack. :D

*twiddles thumbs and continues to wait for the Twilight Mission I need to pop up*

Man, I wish there was a way to trick the clock to change and give me my mission. I think it was Friday that I last seen it, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday....

I forgot to mention during my ramblings the other day how I played this game like Bloodborne. Having never played a Souls game and only playing Bloodborne, I wasn't used to blocking. With Nioh I was just dodging and side stepping my way to victory as I just couldn't get it in my head that I could actually block an attack. :D

Exactly how I play. I only block when I have slowed things down and the dodge window becomes really unpredictable. That said it's still either before or after a dodge.

Still not done. Being doing all the side missions as I went along. Love this game. Found dual swords and kusiragama a bit stale so re-specced and changed to katana and spear. So many more tools to use I found and so fun.

Playing a bit of hammer time too and that makes me play like souls/bloodborne even more. Love how it just chews human opponents ki/stamina.

Found dual swords and kusiragama a bit stale so re-specced and changed to katana and spear. So many more tools to use I found and so fun.

Playing a bit of hammer time too and that makes me play like souls/bloodborne even more. Love how it just chews human opponents ki/stamina.

I loved using the dual swords. I never got to use them in my main play through and only used after I had finished, just to rack the points up needed for the trophy. You can stun lock an enemy stupidly fast with them when using the right setup.

I don't usually bother with DLC and Season Passes but I may pick it up for this game.

I loved using the dual swords. I never got to use them in my main play through and only used after I had finished, just to rack the points up needed for the trophy. You can stun lock an enemy stupidly fast with them when using the right setup.

I don't usually bother with DLC and Season Passes but I may pick it up for this game.

Stun lock doesn't even need to happen, one combo got me thru too many battles and that's why I was getting a bit bored of them:

Low stance - [] - /\ - /\ -> R1 + () > repeat till drained of ki then /\ for down stab and then R1 + (). Most trash died after first part of string. Yoki would be dead after full string. Dangerous to use on larger stuff but still effective. Could switch down stab for high stance - L1 + /\ technique (not windstorm though I have read that's it's very effective) for larger foes but must have an escape strategy.

My final mission finally showed up! I just pegged it to the boss, steamrolled him and popped the platinum. :D

Nioh got a new patch.

Patch notes at Eurogamer.net.

Besides some fixes and improvements (you can pause the game in singleplayer now!!!) they added new sub missions, titles and smithing texts. From what I've read the sub missions are just double boss fights reusing assests, but hey, they're free :)

Still saving my NG+ playthrough (and all the remaining trophies) for when the first DLC drops.

Reminder for anyone who's interested/got the season pass:

The first DLC - Dragon of the North - will be released tomorrow.

New missions, two new Guardian Spirits, one new weapon type, new armour type(s?), new skills (Ninja and Magic).

Can't wait to get back to Nioh again :D I still have NG+ to do...will probably go for the new missions first, though.

Edited by drahkon
Removed live stream link as it's over

Patch is up, DLC is on the store :)

Just gave it a go and got wrecked by the first Yokai...:D

Will be picking up the season pass today, having got back into the game over the last couple of days, just so damn good.

I'm about halfway through the NG+ and still need a couple of trophies for the Platinum, one for finding all Kodama (which will come easily enough) and the bloody blacksmith request one. Unfortunately I made the mistake of requesting discounted items/forging/soul matching etc early on which has resulted in making it far harder to spend the required funds to get the requests. Oh well, I'm sure that trophy will come soon enough.

Will be picking up the season pass today, having got back into the game over the last couple of days, just so damn good.

I'm about halfway through the NG+ and still need a couple of trophies for the Platinum, one for finding all Kodama (which will come easily enough) and the bloody blacksmith request one. Unfortunately I made the mistake of requesting discounted items/forging/soul matching etc early on which has resulted in making it far harder to spend the required funds to get the requests. Oh well, I'm sure that trophy will come soon enough.

Does the blacksmith glitch still work or did they patch it out?

Does the blacksmith glitch still work or did they patch it out?

Unfortunately it's been patched which is typical, as I only found out about it after the fact.

The first DLC boss is kicking my ass. Holy hell :D

Spoilers, oviously:

Attempt #2 was interrupted by someone at the door, so William just stood there and took a beating.

Attempts #4-20 ended similarly. :blank:

You don't seem particularly good at that game.

You don't seem particularly good at that game.

After some more time with the DLC I have to agree. My skills have declined a lot...

I might play NG+ first now...

Managed to beat that freaking boss :awesome: No other boss has given me that much trouble in the main game. Either I got really bad or the boss was that difficult.

I'll complete the non-DLC missions on "normal" mode first now. Still haven't done all of them :woops:

After that it'll be a mix of new missions and old NG+ mission. : peace:

Managed to beat that freaking boss :awesome: No other boss has given me that much trouble in the main game. Either I got really bad or the boss was that difficult.

It's likely that your skills have just declined. I got one hit away from beating that boss on the first attempt, until I rolled INTO its combo instead of evading to close in for that final hit. A couple of attempts later (as I started to rush it on attempts two and three) and it was dealt with.

I had a lot more difficulty on the next boss (in a sub-mission), which initially appeared to be easier than it proved to be.

I just need to do the final DLC boss now (and one more sub-mission) which has also given me more trouble than it should.

After looking at the DLC trophies a couple really stand out and will take some considerable grinding for gear and (it appears) completion of the newly created NG+2. Given some of the struggles I've had in the NG+ so far, I don't see those trophies popping any time soon. Although I love the fact that the DLC has bought with it trophies to keep you invested in the main game.

It's likely that your skills have just declined.

That's probably the biggest issue. I was, however, also incredibly underlevelled (level 101) and my equipment isn't anything to write home about. It took about 50-60 hits until the boss died...not sure if that's a lot but it sure felt like it :D

Can't wait to get back from work and start up Nioh : peace:

Think this is second only to Bloodborne as my favourite Ps4 exclusives go, the only problem being that I've let it lie for a few weeks while I was playing Zelda and the command list and controls are so involved and deep that I almost feel like I should start the game again. Even a little bit of rust is really fucking with my flow right now.