NEurope
Shorty

House buying is the worst

Eevils dead on, you should get someone in the know to go over it if you can. If not a homebuyers survey (the slightly more expensive one) will cover any possible issues that they can pick up.

I'm dropping my deposit over to my solicitor and he's requested the remainder from the bank. Very very very close!

Have started packing!

Had a creep round the back garden, and met one of my future neighbours!

The garden is small but bigger than i remember (i've got awful depth perception lol) and i've got a washing line... how exciting!!!

(have been living in a flat for over 18 months with no dryer or outside space)

Had a creep round the back garden, and met one of my future neighbours!

The garden is small but bigger than i remember (i've got awful depth perception lol) and i've got a washing line... how exciting!!!

(have been living in a flat for over 18 months with no dryer or outside space)

Haha I know what you mean (our flats sound very similar by the way, with the damp issues, shitty heating and it constantly being cold). I will be looking forward to putting washing up outside (weather permitting).

We have no dryer either, so we have 3 drying stands constantly taking up space in our living room right now. I think I will also invest in a washer/dryer combo. Or maybe put a dryer in the garage. I don't know yet!

Yep I got a massive 6 foot tall dryer (a minky, its very good) and a 4xline that goes over the bath. Hate it. And I just CANNOT live on tumble drying, it just goes against everything in me, 1 for cost and 2 for environment. I do see the benefit of having them for emergency use or to just get the last of the wet out of stuff you've had to pull in, but I wouldn't rely on it. Might get a combo when I need to replace my washing machine. Have a big T bar in my garden and bought another small airer from ikea to go outside for smaller things that I can keep away from neighbours eyes (ie underwear lol).

I just can't bloody wait! The novelty of washing will probably wear off :heh:

I got an email saying the money from bank would be through on monday 6th. And I'm hoping my payment has reached my solicitor now. Was on the phone looking him today but he wasn't about. Will be trying again tomorrow lol.

Crossing my fingers that they let me have the keys on monday!

Keeeeeeyyyysssss

I have a migraine and i'm extremely tired, this is only the beginning.

Week of chaos ahoy!

Have you had that moment yet where you stand in your house and go "ohshitohshit, this is MINE"

Go cut one of your trees down and make it into a bench, see how that works out for ya.

I could find a place where nobody would notice. But my biggest problem would be making the bench itself.

Have you had that moment yet where you stand in your house and go "ohshitohshit, this is MINE"

I have that moment most days. Feels good man.

home-alonegif.gif

That's the bit that I'm excited about most.

I'll be able to look at a wall and say, "I want to put a picture there!" without worrying about a fucking landlord being angry with me.

(although our landlord is pretty chill, so we're good there)

Hnnnngggggg.

Question!

Do I need to ask the seller to provide us with a list of fittings and fixtures that they are leaving behind, or is this something my solicitor will do?

It's not really something we discussed with the seller, but I don't want to buy a house and then find it completely stripped... I don't care about things like the beds etc, but I would like to keep things like the oven and cooker, and the built in dishwasher. I think they said they would leave those, but I want to be sure...

So do I ask her directly if she can provide me with such a list, or will the solicitors do this? The issue is that the vendor is not using an estate agent (think she's just doing it all herself through Purplebricks) and her solicitor is one of those online ones (offered by Purplebricks as well). :S

We were provided with a list of what was staying and what was being taken. Can't remember whether it came from the estate agent or through the solicitors though.

I'd have thought solicitors, since it should be part of the contract, as you're buying them along with the actual house.

Yeah a list of fixtures and fittings comes as part of the contract from the solicitor. I got a detailed breakdown of everything, and some things were offered for sale or "left if wanted".

Yep solicitor got me a list of fixtures etc too. Although mine was pretty much as is, as it was a rental, and renters had left.

Have had no internet at new house, and poor signal to even try logging on on mobile! (am currently at parents house acquiring their fibreoptic)

Got keys a week today, everything is crazy! Pretty much moved in, and waiting on internet & phone, and getting someone out to sort out my TV connection on Wednesday.

Had a moment like @Shorty said the first morning I woke up in MY HOUSE. Scary and exciting!

I'm officially exhausted.

Just about everything is in place, & now typing this on my PC, with internet, in my house! And the TV on in the background.

Had a guy out sorting out my TV, sky dish needed wired to my tv, he rooted it through the attic (as my tv is not on an outside wall) and we made a discovery..... LOADS of rubbish in the attic. Absolute fuckers.... UGHHHHHHHHH

Question!

Do I need to ask the seller to provide us with a list of fittings and fixtures that they are leaving behind, or is this something my solicitor will do?

We were pushing for one (via our solicitor) because we were told we could have everything in the house, furniture included, which is why we offered more money. The first fixture list they gave us didn't mention anything about the furniture (which we assumed was just the same list they gave to the previous prospective buyer, who thankfully backed out), so we sent it back asking for a revised one.

I'm prepping my new living room to paint it (im bloody sick of magnolia from the past 2 years of renting). So going round filling holes etc. Someone put holes for what i assume are curtain tie hooks within millimeters of the window frame... ok not only is that a really stupid place to put them, but hey you're risking half of the plaster falling apart... which of course it did. Not only that, the renters in this place put filler in holes with a knife you use to eat with... ridiculous. So sanded it all down and added copious amounts of filler and hopefully just repeat that and you wont even see... like magic.....

Its amazing the things renters get away with. I never have, but some of my friends have done very similar things and got all their deposit back.

Bastards.

I did once shoddily fill some holes and used white-tac to cover up and when that didn't work just moved the warddrobe a bit.

But then the landlord didn't bother to clean the flat before we moved in so I wasn't too fussed!

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the lady who rented our house before we bought it let her cats piss everywhere. We got the keys about 4 months after she moved out and I swear the carpets were still damp. Horrid place. Better now though.