NEurope
Shorty

House buying is the worst

Have you done a credit report? You can do one for free on Experian, just cancel before the 30 day trial is up.

I did one in three different places (I think Experian, Clearscore and Noddle), and they all came back with different scores. I know the scores don't mean much but there wasn't much else to look for... Had my electoral roll address fixed on Experian though. But apart from that, not much there...

Can't check Jim's on Experian as he's had a trial in the past already. Don't think I could even find him on one of the other sites. We are worried that his names might be causing an issue, which is why Nationwide (where the broker went for our Agreement in Principle) is now checking things manually I think. Fingers crossed that they come back with positive news!

Re: solicitors, ask around from other people who have bought in your area, look on forums online for recommendations, you can ring them and get an idea of the fees even if you don't have a property in mind.

Yeah someone we know gave us a name for a solicitor to contact, guess I might ask them what their fees are... and if they know how to do the ISA thing. :P

You know what the worst part about buying a house is? There not being an NE Awards for the year I bought mine, thus forever losing out on probably my only chance at the achievent award.

Thanks a bunch guys.

You know what the worst part about buying a house is? There not being an NE Awards for the year I bought mine, thus forever losing out on probably my only chance at the achievent award.

Thanks a bunch guys.

The awards are member-run so stop being such a member and do them yourselves.

I'm going to run them this year, so hopefully this'll be the year I don't get Biggest Loser, and win something much more awesome.

So I move into my new house (with GF) in like 10wks! Exciting times for sure!

Saw it early Dec and we loved it so wanted to part-ex the GF's house towards it. They gave us 30k under the Estate Agents valuation (we knew them both so they told us what they offered), so we told them to sod off.

The house remained on the market and thankfully dropped by 15k (and sat unfinished as on a new estate!)

Because of this I figured I'd just get it on my own due to savings/decent job and H2Buy being available. So I approached them and cut a good deal to include all turf/appliances/carpets/tiles and £500 toward legal fees.

All sorted and agreed/reserved. Now just gotta meet the mortgage broker and my bank this week and get shit dotted and crossed off. Exciting times...but waiting for the hidden costs etc. And GF needs to sell her house. Thankfully it's getting viewings (and it's lovely and only 2yr old.)

Here's the house we're getting. Looks onto fields too (sloped fields meaning hopefully no future building!) so over the moon. Already agreed that I get a Miyamoto Shrine in the garden and a games room...until triplets probably happen...

Edited by tapedeck

The awards are member-run so stop being such a member and do them yourselves.

I would do it, but I've been to busy working on winning the arceivement award.

(Plus I did it a while back and have therefore served my time)

Is this some game where you try and misspell achievement as many ways as possible before someone calls you out on it?

I blame my fat fingers and my phone's apparent lack of autocorrect.

Sorry late to the party, but yeah ive been waiting 14 weeks for the solicitors to sort out their shit.

Very very frustrating when your sisters was 3 weeks lol

Sorry late to the party, but yeah ive been waiting 14 weeks for the solicitors to sort out their shit.

Very very frustrating when your sisters was 3 weeks lol

We've been waiting since august for our/their solicitors to sort their shit so we can pay the service charge. Managed to finally pay what we owe so far, but the account still isn't in our name, so we can't pay this year's.

Also, achervemernt.

i genuinely hope I don't have to deal with them again for a very long time, they get paid far too much for the amount of sheer faffing around they do!

I'm still trying to decide if later this year when I've finally got enough money aside if I want to try and get a mortgage on a house or just rent somewhere. Getting my own house makes more sense but I the hassle just sounds like a nightmare and also for someone who was unemployed for as long as I was, I have quite a hard time believing that I'll have enough money coming in or even a job in a few years to cover it all.

if its at all feasible and you want to put roots down, i would buy. Know a lot of friends who have settled in nice rentals and had them pulled from under their feet at a moments notice. But if you want to float around and decide where you want to live renting is the best at least in the shortish term. I rented before I bought and I definitely learnt a bit more about what i wanted as opposed to what I thought was important.

Went to see my house again Saturday morning. It was nice to remember that its a good house :D the south facing garden looked awesome in the sun. The fridge, washing machine and mower the owners are leaving me were great. Then they also threw in a workbench and vice in the garage! And I discovered an outbuilding I didn't even know was there! Thought it was just a small space with a gas meter in but it turned out to have quite a bit of storage space.

Then when I got home later that morning, the postman had brought me all the details from the solicitors' searches etc, all the paperwork and lease info, confirmation that they're ready to go on the Help to Buy ISA (no 3-4 week wait... :/) and asking me to suggest a date :D

House buying is the worst...when trying to decide how to store everything. As others have said, think I'm just gonna have boxes of stuff unopened in the garage at this rate. Having a MASSIVE clear out - but my gaming stuff...damn it's emotional to make these decisions. I have a PS2 just for Burnout games. Things like that gotta go I reckon...

Everyone's here getting a house n i'm sitting here since FECKING JANUARY

*blows up*

House buying is the worst...when trying to decide how to store everything. As others have said, think I'm just gonna have boxes of stuff unopened in the garage at this rate. Having a MASSIVE clear out - but my gaming stuff...damn it's emotional to make these decisions. I have a PS2 just for Burnout games. Things like that gotta go I reckon...

I moved house last June 2014, April 2015 and now May 2016.

June - Didn't really throw out much, a few bits and pieces here and there.

April - Basically threw out all the clothes I'd been keeping because I used to like them. If I hadn't worn them in a year they were gone apart from obvious things like my kilt jacket which I will still wear. The amount of crap I got rid of was amazing.

May - I did the same again, got rid of so much stuff and realistically there's probably more I could get rid off.

You just have to go for it. Once you start throwing stuff out you won't stop.

I've just been throwing things out. It's kind of refreshing to stop owning so much useless rubbish. The only things I'm hanging onto are games and consoles since they pack away quite neatly. They're all going to live in the attic though. I'm doing a bit of packing every day or so.

I'm reminded of when we moved from our first owned house to our second owned house. Has anyone else gone through this? At some point you have to hand over your keys, and you don't have the keys to the next place yet. That means all your stuff has to be out of your old house but not put into your new house (if, like us, you don't live near family and don't want to put upon friends). Moving from rental to rental, or rental to owned was easy as you could do it with some overlap. No overlap meant super stress.

I guess we could have gone the route of getting some storage, but instead we packed out life into a van the night before. An awful experience.

Thankfully I'm a first time buyer, I'll still have access to my current house when I move.... Speaking of which, it could be less than three weeks away :blank:

Getting a bit annoyed with all this... we are still waiting to hear about our Agreement in Principle... Think it's been two weeks now.

They keep coming back asking for more information. Now the broker is asking to send over our credit reports, but I will have to order them from Experian (only £2 each, that's not the issue), but that can take days and then it's not guaranteed we'll get them anyway... And they might come back with questions themselves. Urghhh.

The reason we used a broker was to simplify all this mortgage stuff, but at the moment it's all just a big pain. :(

They keep coming back asking for more information. Now the broker is asking to send over our credit reports, but I will have to order them from Experian (only £2 each, that's not the issue), but that can take days and then it's not guaranteed we'll get them anyway... And they might come back with questions themselves. Urghhh.

Why can't you download them and print them off? S'what we did.

Been having fun painting the decking again today since it rained after the first attempt with a shitty product from Wilko. Now got some Ronseal from Home Bargains and (after several recommendations from Daddy) an incinerator bin. It's glorious. Watching the carpet we pulled up (not underlay) burn and sink into the flames like the Titanic into icy waters.

Everyone's here getting a house n i'm sitting here since FECKING JANUARY

*blows up*

Never owning property so you'll get there before me :p

My stress levels are going through the roof....

13 days from completion I'm waiting for the Help to Buy ISA closing letter so I can get that sorted.

And yesterday I get a letter from my solicitors with the closing balance, £200 more than expected, and they decide at this 11th hour to tell me that I need to provide proof of funds (anti-money laundering, cracking a nut with a sledgehammer typical Tory bureaucracy BULLSHIT) for several months (I move my money around in a lot of savings accounts to get the best interest rates) for myself and anyone providing part of the deposit as a gift (both my parents, separately). Having mild panic attack :blank: