NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ramar

DVD ripping/editing software

OK heres the deal. I'm going to Norfolk for the weekend, and I want to rip some goals off a football DVD, I only want the goals, and then stick the clips on my iPod. I just wondered if anyone knew of any free programs that could help me edit the clips. I could rip the whole DVD, but I want to edit it.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers dudes.

I feel ashamed to admit this, I don't know how to use it.

Edit - Just noticed, I can only rip to mp4, which Movie Maker doesn't deal with.

If you were just after a quick fix you could use Movie maker and then convert the resultant wmv file to mp4 with something like ... videora?

Usually when i rip dvds, i use Smartripper. If you have say a dvd with 4 episodes on it, you can select the episode you want. Forgot the website, google it

If you were just after a quick fix you could use Movie maker and then convert the resultant wmv file to mp4 with something like ... videora?

Thats what I plan on doing, but I thought I could configure videora to rip it to a windows format first, which it doesn't, so I need a DVD ripper.

Final Edit - Got a program called Fly DVD Ripper, it has 5 free trials, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Converted half the DVD to mpeg format. I am now saving my first clip made in movie maker. The quality isn't great but I don't really mind for a minute clip.

DVDshrink.

This will allow you to select which part of the 'main movie' you want to add. Click the movie, then edit the starting position and ending position to only capture that area, then do it all over again.

DVDshrink.

This will allow you to select which part of the 'main movie' you want to add. Click the movie, then edit the starting position and ending position to only capture that area, then do it all over again.

but with DVDShrink you need to have nero in order to burn out. IDK if its like this with all software.

You don't need nero with DVD Shrink. You can use it if you want but don't have to. There are freeware burning programs out there.

Sign in to follow this