NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

The N-Europe Smash Bros Tourney #2 Thread

giphy.gif

Yup! Smash Bros Tourney 2 is almost here! It will be happening in the last week of this month (some time between the 25th and the 30th).

Speaking of which... We need you to tell me what times and days work best for you all! We're looking at three brackets again as detailed below...

For%20Glory_zpsapyaad7o.png

For Glory will play out much as you'd expect. No items, Omega Stages only (plus Battlefield), no customisations, no custom movesets. Miis can be used, but must use the default 1111 moveset. In this bracket, due to us only managing to gather 4 players, these matches will have a winner decided by best out of 3 games.

For%20Fun_zpsxaxrplso.png

For Fun will of course be much more open and less restrictive than For Glory. Featuring all stages (including DLC stages), items on low and allowance for custom movesets.

Crazy%20Smash_zpswhtdtduj.png

All stages are allowed, including DLC and custom stages. Items are on high, custom movesets are allowed and customisations are allowed as well. On top of that there will be an unannounced set of special rules in place that you will only see announced right before your match.

Ok, so with that out of the way, just a few things I should note as well...

You may change your character during the tourney at any time and do not have to stick to the one character all throughout.

In terms of set up, I will be hosting all matches on my own Wii U across all three days. All players will need to add my NNID (Nuclear_Muffin) and just join me when their match is due to begin. I will lose all my stocks at the start of each match and then the battle begins.

If your Mii's name is different from your username here on N-Europe, please let me know in advance so that I'll know who you are when you join.

This cant happen without you, so tell me what time during the week works best for you and let me know which brackets you are interested in taking part in! (you can take part in just one, two or even all three! Let me know!)

As a reminder of the insanity that took place last time, here's a little video that should jog your memory...

Though you would hope that I'm better prepared this time around...

Awesome! Sign me up for all 3! :bouncy:

Between 20:00 and 23:00 is my preferred time slot.

: peace:

I may have to make a new custom stage for this. :hehe:

Awesome! Sign me up for all 3! :bouncy:

Between 20:00 and 23:00 is my preferred time slot.

: peace:

I may have to make a new custom stage for this. :hehe:

Awesome! Please do so! (In fact, if you have any requests for Crazy Smash rules, I'm listening ;)

I'm in for all 3. For me it will have to be evenings and am unavailable between 7 and 9 on Mondays and Fridays

opu0pt.jpg

(for the win!)

For%20Glory_zpsapyaad7o.pngFor%20Fun_zpsxaxrplso.pngCrazy%20Smash_zpswhtdtduj.png

All three tournaments!

My preferred time would be 9:30PM or later.

(If on a Friday then 11PM or Saturday 10PM)

OR

Any time after 8PM.

(If on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday)

If it turns out to be For Glory on Saturday then For Fun on Sunday and CrAzY Smash on Monday though then I'll likely just play in the latter two again to make things easier.

giphy.gif

My body is ready!

:awesome:

(But is yours?)

:p

Damn right, I'm in for all three!

And don't worry @Dcubed, I'll be sure to ruin your custom stages again!

Come on guys! Let's fill out those brackets!

Get IN! and get involved in the Smash insanity! : peace:

Should note that I will be livestreaming everything as well!

Right now, we're looking at 11 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, going by people's preferences so far. Thus far, we have managed 6 people (Myself, @S\.C\.G, @Glen\-i and @Ugh first aid). We could really do with at least 2 more people!!! Come on guys! get IN!

Edited by Dcubed

Right now, we're looking at 11 PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, going by people's preferences so far.
I'll probably have to give this a miss then if that ends up being the start time. :hmm:

Too late for an old-timer like me, especially if playing Smash! :heh:

I'll probably have to give this a miss then if that ends up being the start time. :hmm:

Too late for an old-timer like me, especially if playing Smash! :heh:

Hmm... What about 22:00 on this upcoming Saturday, Sunday and Monday? Hopefully that's fine by @S\.C\.G and @The Mole!

Hmm... What about 22:00 on this upcoming Saturday, Sunday and Monday? Hopefully that's fine by @S\.C\.G and @The Mole!

That should be fine for me, it was mainly the Friday which would have been the issue as I would still be travelling home at 10PM on that day. :p

Saturday though? I usually get a lift home so that should be fine. :)

Sunday I'm home all day, no worries there! :grin:

Monday is a Bank Holiday so... I'm home earlier, so that'll be perfect. :D

That is fine with me :grin:

Well, that's a bit better. If you could also put me in the first matches (so I can lose quickly :heh:) that'd be good.

Well, that's a bit better. If you could also put me in the first matches (so I can lose quickly :heh:) that'd be good.

Watch, you're gonna win now because of that.

* ^ * What's this?! I didn't sign up for this! @Dcubed is abusing his powers in all of this signing me up against my consent! ( 8'D I actually don't mind one bit though this'll be fun! )

Right, I'm announcing the brackets later on today at around 13:00. This is your last chance to get in on it, so as Wario would say... HUHUHUHUHUHURRY UP!

Just to remind everyone, the For Glory bracket starts tonight at 22:00. The For Fun bracket is tomorrow at 22:00 and Crazy Smash is on Monday at 22:00

Right! @Glen\-i, @S\.C\.G! So here is the bracket for tonight's For Glory match...

For%20Glory%20Starting%20Bracket_zps1eervxvy.png

Sadly, Ugh First Aid has had to drop out at the last minute and thus, I have had to drop out as well, since it's impossible to make a 5 man bracket work in any decent way...

Super Flashy Graphics are currently in production (since we have a dodgy number of players, we've had to get... creative... and this may perhaps feed into the setup for For Fun and Crazy Smash ;)) and you will see brackets for For Fun and Crazy Smash very shortly... ;)

Reminder: Tonight's For Glory match is at 22:00! The matches will be livestreamed at https://www.twitch.tv/dcubednmuffin The stream will probably start at around 21:30, while we get everything ready, so feel free to tune in then if you want to hear us running around like headless chickens and crying about why everything is broken and not working :p

Edited by Dcubed
Automerged Doublepost

It's a shame about the lack of interest. But oh well! Can't be helped...

I like how my avatar seems to be glaring at @The Mole's.

Possible revenge shall be mine maybe!

It's a shame about the lack of interest. But oh well! Can't be helped...

I like how my avatar seems to be glaring at @The Mole's.

Possible revenge shall be mine maybe!

Possibly, I must admit I haven't played smash in a while. I look forward to do battle with you Sir, once I wipe out @RedShell :awesome: (hopefully)

Sorry for the delay.

DCubed tried to be ambitious.

As expected, it backfired in his face.

He's just as PROFESSIONAL! as always.

Please Understand.

Ok!!! Sorry for the delay! The stream is now live at http://www.twitch.tv/dcubednmuffin.

Take your places! : peace:

@S\.C\.G! Get on here!

@RedShell! Not yet! Stream is live though! :)

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congratulations go to The Mole for a clean sweep! And for making Glen-i look PROFESSIONAL!!11111!!! in the process! : peace:

See you all again at 22:00 tomorrow for For Fun! The bracket for that will go up tomorrow morning! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I was kinda hoping I'd win at least one match against @The Mole.

Still, great fun. Only a few PROFESSIONAL! moments this time. Compared to last year, it was an improvement.

I'll get you next time!

Great games last night!! Thank you all for playing and I'm glad I held onto my title.

Looking forward to tonight, lets see if @Glen\-i can get his revenge or look PROFESSIONAL!!1111!! again. :awesome:

Great fun last night, good to see we are keeping the usual PROFESSIONAL!!1111!! standards at an all-time high. ;)

Also, I haven't played Super Smash Bros. in ages and it most certainly showed last night :p let's hope that I can perform a little better tonight in the For Fun! category. :D

I can't wait. :hehe:

And here's tonight's For Fun bracket!

For%20Fun%20Bracket_zpsg7gmjdxr.png

@S\.C\.G, @Glen\-i, @Ugh first aid and myself are all taking part. Due to the fact that we have 6 participants, we will have a losers round after Round 1 has finished. This will be a three way match (yes, three players at the same time), where the winner will move onto Round 2 and take the 4th slot at the bottom (coming out of the warp pipe as helpfully shown on the slightly convoluted looking bracket diagram :p )

As this is For Fun, all stages are allowed, all items will be turned on (and set to low) and all customisations are allowed.

See you all at 22:00! : peace:

Sign in to follow this