NEurope
Sheikah

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/Xbox One - 26 October 2018)

So I was browsing Eurogamer today and it seems there is some pretty solid evidence that RDR2 is in development. Full article can be found here.

This image recently leaked:

jpg

And was verified by TechRadar using a credible source.

Fans have also redrawn this map to include the map of the old RDR game:

why-fans-are-excited-about-this-leaked-red-dead-redemption-2-map-146097767263.jpg

Anyway, needless to say...I am so, so excited. Read Dead Redemption was one of my favourite games last generation...nay, all time. I far, far preferred this game to any GTA.

Are you excited at this potential release? :)

Edited by Sheikah

Anyway, needless to say...I am so, so excited. Read Dead Redemption was one of my favourite games last generation...nay, all time. I far, far preferred this game to any GTA.

Are you excited at this potential release? :)

Same on both accounts. An absolute masterpiece from last generation. The setting, characters and story were right up there with the best of what videogames have to offer. Dat ending. :bowdown:

I was also a fan of the original game on the PS2. I wonder if that will end up on the PS4 as part of the PS2 classics range?

I wonder if that will end up on the PS4 as part of the PS2 classics range?

I hope so. I NEED this :D

As for this rumour...I don't buy it until I get official confirmation.

I enjoyed RDR a lot, but never finished it. I think I'm pretty done with open world games for now, I just can't seem to see them through to the end. You either ignore sidequests and either feel you're not getting your money's worth or you end up grossly underlevelled. Or you follow the sidequests and you get sidetracked forever. God forbid you put the game down for a few weeks, you will forget everything you were doing, every control, every aspect of your character or team that you were working on....

That said, I could be swayed, there's not enough variety in settings these days.

I still can't understand how out of all the games from last gen this has not had a HD remaster for the current gen AND never has a PC release.....its mind boggling

Hopefully they will do a remaster along side this, or something to get it available on current gen consoles/PC

Wasn't this the game Nintendo were rumoured to be funding as an exclusive, similar to Bayonetta 2? I might be remembering the wrong game

Wasn't this the game Nintendo were rumoured to be funding as an exclusive, similar to Bayonetta 2? I might be remembering the wrong game

There's no way that it's 'Red Dead' that you're thinking about - Redemption sold like 5 million copies so I don't think Rockstar would have any qualms about making another one.

I hope to Christ it's on the NX though - the kind of third-party title that Nintendo platforms have been crying out for, would be fantastic if it turns out to be an NX launch title.

Yeah saw that map a few days ago, along with the rumour it will be a prequel.

Still haven't played Red Dead, despite being tempted on so many occasions. I guess I always held out hope for that PS4 re-master.

A prequel makes me somewhat less hyped as I feel it's more likely to fit into stories that already exist, rather than being it's own separate thing. But I'm very much looking forward to learning and seeing more from it if it's real.

If it's fake, it's an easy one to pull off, as every year going into E3 people are hoping for RDR2.

That was the Beyond Good and Evil sequel.

Decided to stay positive and post this in here instead of the Red Dead Redemption Remaster thread. Rockstar just posted this to their twitter.

[tweet]787639249864630273[/tweet]

Decided to stay positive and post this in here instead of the Red Dead Redemption Remaster thread. Rockstar just posted this to their twitter.

[tweet]787639249864630273[/tweet]

That can only mean one thing.....finally.

Agent-game-logo.png

It could still be Table Tennis tho.

Maybe they'll keep revealing more each day and the sunset will be revealed as a giant ping pong ball.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of release date this has, Redemption came out 6 years ago now which is already longer than the development of GTA V so it must be pretty close to ready. I don't expect them to release it this year because there just isn't enough time to market it, even coming from a company like Rockstar, but a release in March/April seems like an odd choice and I'd be really surprised if they announce it now and it doesn't release until October/November 2017.

Edited by killthenet

It might not happen. I'm just guessing, at 16:00

Just like you did with the Neo final name, Last Guardian delay and movement of Gravity Rush 2 release date. :wink:

It'll be interesting to see what kind of release date this has, the original came out 6 years ago now which is already longer than the development of GTA V so it must be pretty close to ready. I don't expect them to release it this year because there just isn't enough time to market it, even coming from a company like Rockstar, but a release in March/April seems like an odd choice and I'd be really surprised if they announce it now and it doesn't release until October/November 2017.

To be fair we dont know when development started

Just like you did with the Neo final name, Last Guardian delay and movement of Gravity Rush 2 release date. :wink:

No idea what you're talking about.

I don't even know what the game is about? Is it a western shooter?

The PS3/X1 game was a third person open-world shooter borrowing mechanics from GTA, set in the wild west. It was pretty darn amazing.