NEurope
Sheikah

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/Xbox One - 26 October 2018)

I'm in a similar situation to @Blade. We were both #TeamNintendo last gen, so I'm just as in the dark as he is.

Speaking of Bioshock, I've just bought the collection! Looking forward to giving that a whirl.

My girlfriend bought me The Bioshock collection for my birthday so i'm looking forward to getting into it. Moving away from Team Nintendo has definitely opened my eyes.

As someone who also largely missed out on the PS3 and 360, I can definitely recommend 'Red Dead Redemption' after playing through it for the first time in September. It's a really rich open world and the main plot is really interesting. I know that you've played and enjoyed 'Uncharted' Flink, and this employs similar cover-shooter mechanics so if the original game ever comes to PS4 through PS Now or a remaster then you should definitely check it out.

Red Dead Redemption tends to be thought of as one of, if not the best game of the last generation by a lot of people.

I mean what's the worst they could announce? Just a remaster of red dead redemption for pc/PS4/Xbox/NX

Either way red dead news is awesome

I was also TeamNintendo so have also never played the first one. Seen a few videos here and there and it's Rockstar, so I'm all in if it does turn out to be a sequel.

I played about half of the first one, and it was fantastic. I'd definitely be up for a sequel.

I played about half of the first one, and it was fantastic. I'd definitely be up for a sequel.

So good you played half of it :)

Apparently Rockstar have registered Read Dead Online!

Well that means this is either a MMO or they are doing a GTA5 and having a singleplayer and online

GET HYPE

I don't know how to embed tweets, but 'Red Dead Redemption 2' is coming Fall 2017 to PS4 & Xbox One, trailer coming on Thursday at 16:00 GMT.

Edited by killthenet

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Seems like it might be an MMO then? Or something like GTA Online.

Seems like it might be an MMO then? Or something like GTA Online.

No I expect it'll be just like GTA online.

Two teases, one full reveal. That's how you do it. *wink*

Time to figure out when to play RDR again. :D

I can't imagine the online will be as good as GTAs, mainly due to there being less things for the players to buy. It's not like they can keep adding new horses.

Less things to buy - less microtransactions - less money to Rockstar - less (free) updates/support.

Not sure if it's a bad thing, as I'm not a huge fan of how GTAV/Online went, I just don't think it'll have the same scale/impact as GTA Online.

I'll mainly be buying it for single player anyway, so it's largely irrelevant to me.

It will be interesting to see how they make it different from GTA Online. The last Red Dead Redemption did have cars in it so we could still see a few as the high tier purchases. They'll probably just make it a better version of the last Red Dead's multiplayer though, getting together in posse's to do missions etc.

Can see Red Dead online being similar to that of the original's multiplayer, a vast open world with players competing in various activities. Could also have bank robberies in different towns, something that was missing from the original. Who knows, either way i'm looking forward to it.

That, and a nice new single player campaign with an epic story.

Realised I got the time wrong for the trailer, it's at 16:00 GMT, so 17:00 CET on Thursday.

It's interesting that they haven't mentioned PC yet, I thought GTA V was a pretty big success on PC?

Hopefully the multiplayer is much more like RDR than the atrocious multiplayer in GTAV. And hopefully it and the singleplayer don't suffer from the stupid amount of money they made from microtransactions.

Couldn't they also add something like buying your own homestead and doing it up?

They always released the PC version like a year or so later after the console version.

Unless it's Red Dead Redemption, which never got released on PC at all.