NEurope
dan-likes-trees

How did you discover N-Europe?

I still remember the moment someone (although I forget who) suggested we change to N-Europe to stop having to change names. We were really put in a tailspin by not wanting to be called Wii-Europe :heh:

We were doing some work in the garden at my Dad's house because it was an absolute mess. It wasn't so long after the GameCube was released and I was playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on my break (fucking amazing game!) and casually browsing the internet as we had only recently been introduced to it at the time.

I remember being huuuuuuuuuge on Zelda and had recently just finished Majora's Mask. That and Ocarina basically killed me. I fucking died after Ocarina and re-died after Majora and just couldn't take any more. I needed to go and find out as much about Zelda as possible. I remember scouring the web looking for Zelda wallpapers and I came across this site. I had no idea what a forum was, so I had a browse. Zelda fans were talking about Zelda games. We even had a Zelda board! Wtf, this is amazing.

Very little gardening work was done in that time. I had discovered the internet and I was going to discover the shit out of it! I posted on here and before I knew it I had a dozen posts. That quickly doubled again and again. Before I knew it, I had 100 posts. The counter has been rolling ever since.

So, I stuck with the place. Somehow, I made it through the ranks and became Moderator and then Admin. I'm not going to lie when I say that it was actually a huge honour for me. I felt like I knew this place inside out and the people I was posting with weren't just avatars...they were actual people. Not just people on the internet, but friends. I made friends on here that I still talk to now.

N-Europe has been a huuuuge constant in my life. I went to Uni and it was a huge step for me. I didn't have much internet during my first year, so I didn't have as much contact with this place. I still checked whenever I could. Things went bad for me with an ex-gf during my second year at uni and I tried leaving for a bit. I ended up coming back and played Super Mario Strikers with the people from here. It was only a game, but a very big fucking deal to me and I treasured playing it with people from here. I became more active on N-Europe again and started to feel a bit better again.

Eventually, I started interacting a bit more with a member on here in bit of a more romantic way. The rest, as they say, is another story. The short of it is that we ended up going to Disneyland together, had a really fucking awesome time and now we're going to get married. Ahhh!

I joined up when it was Cube Europe after lurking for ages during a period of forum research trying to work out if an import GameCube would run in colour on my tv - it didn't.

I remember looking for a European source of news and information on Nintendo and coming upon this site. I don't remember what compelled me to look into the forums, but at some point I did, and at some point I decided to join in on the discussion. In the beginning I spent my time in the gaming boards, but then I started migrating to the general boards. Then I was very active for a good number of years, until a few years ago when my activity started to drop. I don't remember exactly when or why, but I do know a bunch of heavy personal stuff happened about one and a half years ago, which almost certainly added to that. Since then I've popped my head back in a few times, often in conjunction with the annual N-E Meet, which I have still attended every year since 2011! :D It's also the reason I'm writing this here right now. :heh: Even if I'm not around much if at all anymore, it's still cool to pop back in once in a while and see so many lovely, familiar faces. :)

Its funny, I noticed the place died down a lot in the past few years. I remember years earlier when I had to come here nearly every day to not have 4/5 pages of threads to catch up on...