NEurope
Hero-of-Time

E3 2016 General Thread

Yeah, there's not a lot of new stuff...

I fear it will be the same at Sony's conference with The Last Guardian, FFVII Remaster, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Dreams, Destiny, No Man's Sky (PLEASE NO), maybe Shenmue III...

Really hoping for at least two surprises.

Highly average conference. There were zero surprises in the show. Granted a lot of it had leaked but even if the details hadn't, it still would have been a very meh showing. Not a single bomb was dropped.

Microsoft conference was great. 'Sea Of Thieves' looks fantastic, and I'm really interested in 'We Happy Few'. As someone who doesn't think they'll ever get a PC, the fact that all Xbox One games will also come out on PC wouldn't really affect me, but it's a really complex decision for Microsoft. It makes sense the try and bring more parity between console and PC, but it also makes the Xbox seem less relevant if all of it's exclusives (no confirmation on Halo yet, but surely at some point) are no longer exclusive. It also means that Project Scorpio is aimed at an even more niche audience, because surely those who are looking for high horsepower, full 4K gaming they're going to invest in a high end gaming PC rather than an Xbox One?

The announcement of Scorpio, despite not coming out for over a year, also makes me think twice about buying an Xbox One S later this year, because i'll feel like I may as well wait and get a more powerful console, especially with 'Sea Of Thieves' likely to come out in 2017.

So a really enjoyable conference with a lot of variety and interesting games, but a bit of a mixed bag in terms of my impressions of Microsoft's strategy. Phil Spencer seemed really proud of this conference though and it was a great response to Sony's conference of dreams.

and it was a great response to Sony's conference of dreams.

I actually thought it was an ok conference but it was nothing like Sony's last year. I'm not sure that could ever be topped.

We Happy Few looks amazing! :awesome:

Really hope it'll come to PS4 too.

They did just say it was first to console on Xbox, and not exclusive, right? :hmm:

Forgot: Scalebound looked sooooo boring. Expected something more exciting.

Hope that the rest of the game is better.

We Happy Few looks amazing! :awesome:

Really hope it'll come to PS4 too.

They did just say it was first to console on Xbox, and not exclusive, right? :hmm:

Yeah, just first to Xbox.

Whoever was in charge of the camera work wants shot. They kept zooming out while game footage was being played. We don't want to see the back of the crowds heads!

I actually thought it was an ok conference but it was nothing like Sony's last year. I'm not sure that could ever be topped.

I just meant it was a big improvement over last years, which it really had to be after Sony knocked it out of the park. Nothing could come close to Sony's, but this was a much tighter and more enjoyable show than Microsoft have had in a long time. There was obviously a lack of surprises, but the games they showed all looked pretty solid.

Forgot: Scalebound looked sooooo boring. Expected something more exciting.

Hope that the rest of the game is better.

Yeah, it seems so slow. Not like Platinum at all. :blank:

Yeah, just first to Xbox.
Sweet. :bouncy:

Whoever was in charge of the camera work wants shot. They kept zooming out while game footage was being played. We don't want to see the back of the crowds heads!
Tell me about it, really stupid how they kept doing it too. ::shrug:

So the Sony conferance starts at 2 AM UK time/3 AM CET, right?

Thinking about going to sleep now, and if I manage to fall asleep, wake up to the conferance and then walk to work right after.

So the Sony conferance starts at 2 AM UK time/3 AM CET, right?

Thinking about going to sleep now, and if I manage to fall asleep, wake up to the conferance and then walk to work right after.

Yeah. Not sure if I'll stay up or just set my alarm.

Yeah. Not sure if I'll stay up or just set my alarm.

Think I'm going to stay up and watch the Easy Allies pre-show, their coverage has been great so far.

South Park looks absolutely fantastic. I was roaring in laughter during all of that segment. Day one. :D

South Park looks absolutely fantastic. I was roaring in laughter during all of that segment. Day one. :D

Yup. Myself, lostmario, Gmac and my nephew are in a party all roaring with laughter. The game looks hilarious. :D

Wow, MS just knocked the ball out of the park!

Unless Sony have something hidden well and truly up their sleeves, say a Scorpio alternative or the best ever VR game, then Microsoft may have just well and truly won E3!

Shame about the leak accuracy rate, though, but it's been pretty quiet on Nintendo's end (which is expected considering what we've been told) and Sony's (which is unexpected).

'For Honour' looks really impressive.

I think it looks a lot worse than last year. Last year the game looked like a more calculated and strategic combat game but now it looks more like a Dynasty Warriors title.

I think it looks a lot worse than last year. Last year the game looked like a more calculated and strategic combat game but now it looks more like a Dynasty Warriors title.

It passed me by last year, had only heard a little bit about it so it was all new to me really.

Really liked that they just dropped brand new game that's available for download after the conference, E3 needs more stuff like that.

Chaps gutted to say I won't be able to stay up for the Sony conference - absolutely loved being in the chat the last couple of years. If anyone could save all the chat and put it in a post as has been done last before that would be aweesome.

South Park looks amazing! The new battle system looks great too! Glad to see that it's not just more of the same (however much I liked the original) and the humour is absolutely spot on, just like SOT.

Easily game of the show so far!

Interesting to see Yvse basically end the conference with a big middle finger to Vivendi; talking about how they value their freedom.